Thread: Zalman Files for Bankruptcy

Zalman Files for Bankruptcy

Main Rig

Intel Core i7-2600K (SLB8W, E0 Stepping) @ 4.6Ghz (4.6x100), Corsair H80i AIO Cooler
    MSI Z77A GD-65 Gaming (MS-7551), v25 BIOS
    Kingston HyperX 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-19200 Kit (HX24C11BRK2/16-OC) @ 1.5v, 11-13-13-30 Timings (1:8 Ratio)
    8GB MSI Radeon R9 390X (1080 Mhz Core, 6000 Mhz Memory)
    NZXT H440 Case with NZXT Hue+ Installed
    24" Dell U2412HM (1920x1200, e-IPS panel)
    1 x 500GB Samsung 850 EVO (Boot & Install)
    1 x 2Tb Hitachi 7K2000 in External Enclosure (Scratch Disk)

Entertainment Setup

Samsung Series 6 37" 1080p TV
    Gigabyte GA-J1800N-D2H based media PC, Mini ITX Case, Blu-Ray Drive
    Netgear ReadyNAS104 w/4x2TB Toshiba DTACA200's for 5.8TB Volume size

I refuse to participate in any debate with creationists because doing so would give them the "oxygen of respectability" that they want.
    Creationists don't mind being beaten in an argument. What matters to them is that I give them recognition by bothering to argue with them in public.

-150c Club Member
    To be honest I'm not surprised. I always felt like they made nice looking.... piles of crap.

If you have a cooling question or concern feel free to contact me.

Xtreme Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by n00b 0f l337 View Post
    To be honest I'm not surprised. I always felt like they made nice looking.... piles of crap.
    That about sums it up. I bought some of their older heatsinks, and while they looked really flashy and stylish, they frankly didn't perform nearly as well as the (significantly) cheaper coolermaster products I later replaced them with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hans de Vries View Post

JF-AMD posting: IPC increases!!!!!!! How many times did I tell you!!!

terrace215 post: IPC decreases, The more I post the more it decreases.
    .....}
    until (interrupt by Movieman)

Regards, Hans

Zalman had nice finishing skills, the products looked good.
    Intel 9990XE @ 5.1Ghz
    ASUS Rampage VI Extreme Omega
    GTX 2080 ti Galax Hall of Fame
    64GB Galax Hall of Fame
    Intel Optane
    Platimax 1245W

Intel 3175X
    Asus Dominus Extreme
    GRX 1080ti Galax Hall of Fame
    96GB Patriot Steel
    Intel Optane 900P RAID

Xtreme Addict
    Surprised they didn't go bankrupt long ago when everyone abandoned them and bought Thermalright coolers.

Xtreme Addict
    Flying through Space, with armoire, Armoire of INVINCIBILATAAAAY!
    Their products were relevant for most of 2003, and even partially into 2004!
    Sigs are obnoxious.

RIP

Always thought they were a bit overpriced for their performance.

My Zalman 5.1 headphones still work well, though they need new ear cups soon and I'm not sure where to get replacements - if there even are any
    The Cardboard Master
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    Intel Core i7 2600k @ 4.5GHz, 16GB DDR3-1600, Radeon 7950 @ 1000/1250, Win 10 Pro x64

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Not surprised, last time I remember buying a Zalman product was when S939 Dual Cores were still top of the pile and even then I bought their stuff because it looked good rather than because it was the best performance.

Feels like they haven't released anything even vaguely tempting for ages.

L-l-look at you, hacker.
    They were still making stuff? Gosh.
    Rig specs
    CPU: i7 5960X Mobo: Asus X99 Deluxe RAM: 4x4GB G.Skill DDR4-2400 CAS-15 VGA: 2x eVGA GTX680 Superclock PSU: Corsair AX1200

Foundational Falsehoods of Creationism

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by iddqd View Post
    Their products were relevant for most of 2003, and even partially into 2004!
    ZM-80 with cable tied fans on both sides was awesome for oc'ing gpus back then

(for the young ones, link what cooler I'm talking about)

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    My Zalman 5.1 headphones still work well, though they need new ear cups soon and I'm not sure where to get replacements - if there even are any
    Mine lost it's front and whoofer for a short time ago . Maybe I can fix it.

I had a cnps 6500 cu for my p4 2.0 a which was a very very good cooler since then I never had a Zalman cooler but always loved them.

When i'm being paid i always do my job through.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Maybe their sales weren't that great but it was a corporate scam that led to this.
    i7 920@4.34 | Rampage II GENE | 6GB OCZ Reaper 1866 | 8800GT (zzz) | Corsair AX750 | Xonar Essence ST w/ 3x LME49720 | HiFiMAN EF2 Amplifier | Shure SRH840 | EK Supreme HF | Thermochill PA 120.3 | MCP355 | XSPC Reservoir | 3/8" ID Tubing

Phenom 9950BE @ 3400/2000 (CPU/NB) | Gigabyte MA790GP-DS4H | HD4850 | 4GB Corsair DHX @850 | Corsair TX650W | T.R.U.E Push-Pull

E2160 @3.06 | ASUS P5K-Pro | BFG 8800GT | 4GB G.Skill @ 1040 | 600W Tt PP

A64 3000+ @2.87 | DFI-NF4 | 7800 GTX | Patriot 1GB DDR @610 | 550W FSP

Xtreme Addict
    My vf-900 was one of the best VGA coolers of the time.
    Originally Posted by motown_steve
    Every genocide that was committed during the 20th century has been preceded by the disarmament of the target population. Once the government outlaws your guns your life becomes a luxury afforded to you by the state. You become a tool to benefit the state. Should you cease to benefit the state or even worse become an annoyance or even a hindrance to the state then your life becomes more trouble than it is worth.

Once the government outlaws your guns your life is forfeit. You're already dead, it's just a question of when they are going to get around to you.

Xtreme 3D Team
    I really like the CNPS10X heatsinks but they're not really any different fundamentally than other heatsinks on the market.
    I have a Zalman clip-on mic that was really good for $6.

I'm surprised they survived so long because it didn't look like their market share was very good, but this conspiracy is pretty sad.
    Smile

Nerdy Powerlifter
    It's too bad someone didn't buy them out, if not for their finish quality, as others have said.

Imagine the bling on high end heatsinks.

All that said, I bought 2 Zalman heatsinks in the last few years because the price was good for what I needed (non-OC'd cooling). I guess I'll be looking for sites liquidating zalman sinks, if that even plays out.
    You must [not] advance.

Current Rig: i7 4790k @ stock (**** TIM!) , Zotac GTX 1080 WC'd 2214mhz core / 5528mhz Mem, Asus z-97 Deluxe

Heatware

Xtreme Addict
    cnps9500 I think that was the funky round one that was out around the time of the first core2 cpus. Now this got me curious to look up some of the other manus like scythe, thermalright, etc.
    Last edited by mrcape; 11-10-2014 at 05:54 PM.

Xtreme Addict
    Every genocide that was committed during the 20th century has been preceded by the disarmament of the target population. Once the government outlaws your guns your life becomes a luxury afforded to you by the state. You become a tool to benefit the state. Should you cease to benefit the state or even worse become an annoyance or even a hindrance to the state then your life becomes more trouble than it is worth.

Once the government outlaws your guns your life is forfeit. You're already dead, it's just a question of when they are going to get around to you.

Quote Originally Posted by mrcape View Post
    cnps9500 I think that was the funky round one that was out around the time of the first core2 cpus. Now this got me curious to look up some of the other manus like scythe, thermalright, etc.
    CNPS 9500 AT was the cooler I used for my E6600, those were the days.

It's sad to see them go from a nostalgic perspective, but to be honest I haven't bought any of their products in a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by chew* View Post
    You can never have enough D9's.

Nerdy Powerlifter
    Quote Originally Posted by LordEC911 View Post
    Thanks for the post.

Should be interesting to see how all of this turns out. How is Zalman doing as a company?
    You must [not] advance.

Current Rig: i7 4790k @ stock (**** TIM!) , Zotac GTX 1080 WC'd 2214mhz core / 5528mhz Mem, Asus z-97 Deluxe

Heatware

Xtreme Member
    This kind of makes me sad. I didn't really care for their products BUT it's one of the names I first took notice of when I was about 13 years old, 16 years ago when I first got into computers.
    If anyone is interested in fitness and/or nutrition hit me up if you'd like advice getting your girlish figure back I'm nearing 10 years of experience, how time flies.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by [XC] Synthetickiller View Post
    Thanks for the post.

Should be interesting to see how all of this turns out. How is Zalman doing as a company?
    According to wiki, they defaulted on a loan at the end of Oct '14.
    Didn't really look too hard though so there might be more to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiki
    On 30 October 2014, it was reported that Zalman had defaulted on a large loan amounting to over 3 million won.[3] Following this, the company applied for "initiation of corporate turnaround process".[4] This means the company is attempting to return itself to solvency.

Xtreme Addict
    Yep. Bankruptcy does not always mean the company dissolves.
    Quote Originally Posted by alacheesu View Post
    If you were consistently able to put two pieces of lego together when you were a kid, you should have no trouble replacing the pump top.

Xtreme Addict
    Yep, what was it called in America? Chapter 11 Bankruptcy I think.