Thread: Need your help - JDRF for Type 1

Nanoseconds from Permaban

Need your help - JDRF for Type 1

Hey Xtreme crunchers!

I'm helping the JDRF organization raise some money for Type 1 Diabetes research and treatments. Type 1 used to be something that only affected young children but now even adults are becoming Type 1 diabetic and the researchers don't understand why.

At the end of November I'm doing either a 47 or 107 mile bike ride out in Tuscon.

I know this is a tough time for many of us but if you'd like to donate, here a link to my page: Join me in turning Type One into Type None! or if you're on Indiegogo

Thank you all for your time and crunch on

Xtreme Cruncher
    I sent a bit, hope it helps.
    Please do the 107 mile ride and post some pictures.
    good luck

Thank you very much! I originally set out to do the 107 but with training, not sure I'll make it. Will post some pics Thanks for the luck

Xtreme Member
    Good luck with the ride.

Fanboy of Good Products
    Quote Originally Posted by retro77 View Post
    Thank you very much! I originally set out to do the 107 but with training, not sure I'll make it. Will post some pics Thanks for the luck
    How much have you been riding? 100.5 is my biggest ride.
    Cruncher #1: EVGA Z68 FTW | i7-2600k @ 4.5 | 6GB Ram
    Cruncher #2: Supermicro Dual-Socket | 2 x 6-core Opterons | 4GB Ram
    Cruncher #3: 8-core Xserve 1,1

T400 for non-crunching

"But don't think you'll run me over - It's, ah, planting season here in Texas... and the farm is growing..." -Otis11 on crunching WCG

The longest rides I've been doing were 50 miles but I'm having some severe knee pain on my right one. I'm going to opt for the 40 or 50 mile rode instead and get my knee x-rayed after the ride. It feels like a stress fracture along the outside edge, top of the outer leg bone below the knee.

But I'm still raising money for JDRF and still riding on Saturday; just not able to physically do the 100+ miler.

Cheers to all

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Retro77,

I am a little worried about you experiencing "SEVERE right knee PAIN" and pushing through it to get in a 40 to 50 miles bike ride. Your body is telling your brain that something is wrong and needs fixing ASAP. Your brain ain't listening very well...

Please get an Xray and a qualified medical opinion before doing that upcoming bike ride, not after it. If you cannot do that before the ride on Saturday, postponed your riding until the next fund raising event. There are many fund raising events... You only got one knee... Take care of yourself first, you'll ride much longer that way..

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by jeanguy2 View Post
    Retro77,

I am a little worried about you experiencing "SEVERE right knee PAIN" and pushing through it to get in a 40 to 50 miles bike ride. Your body is telling your brain that something is wrong and needs fixing ASAP. Your brain ain't listening very well...

Please get an Xray and a qualified medical opinion before doing that upcoming bike ride, not after it. If you cannot do that before the ride on Saturday, postponed your riding until the next fund raising event. There are many fund raising events... You only got one knee... Take care of yourself first, you'll ride much longer that way..
    This - we're all much better off if you can participate in many more events to come rather than pushing through this one... Make sure you're healthy first!

24 hour prime stable? Please, I'm 24/7/365 WCG stable!

So you can do Furmark, Can you Grid???

I really don't want to quit before the ride, I'll do my best but will not push it too far. I appreciate the concern and will take head.