Thread: Info about wich RAM is better to buy

Info about wich RAM is better to buy

Hi,

i am going to upgrade my computer system, so i have a doubt on wich RAM to buy..

I like your products so I am going to buy something but, what is better for me ?

I found this product:

F3-2400C10D-8GTX

and this one
    F3-2400C10D-8GTD

my motherboard is Gigabyte ga-x79-up4
    cpu is i7-4820k

what is the differences between the two products? what are pros and what cons?
    It can be a problem to buy 2x4gb of F3-2400C10D-8GTX and 2x4gb of F3-2400C10D-8GTD ? Or I can use them togheter without problem?! voltages and timings looks like the same...

Thank you for your help and advices.
    Last edited by [ITA]SEREUPIN80; 10-27-2014 at 10:52 AM.
    -Asus P5E @ Rampage Formula 0902
    -Intel Q9650 @ ???
    -Corsair xms2 2x2gb
    -Crucial pc8500 2x1gb
    -Ati 4890
    -Intel X25-M G2 80gb
    -Seagate 500gb sata2
    -Seagate 1500gb sata2
    -Maxtor DiamondMax 10 300gb sata
    -VAPOCHILL LS Black " now not working"
    -OCZ Gamextreem 700W
    -Thermaltake BigArmor VA8000 Black Metal
    -Creative X-FI extreem music

G.Skill USA Tech
    If you want 16GB, get a 16GB kit (4 x 4GB). We can not guarantee two separate kits to work at DDR3-2400.

That is a quad channel motherboard, so for best performance, you want 4 modules.
    Feel free to contact ustech@gskillusa.com or use our G.Skill Q&A Sub-Forum, if having any questions about G.Skill products

Check out our items on NewEgg

Quote Originally Posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
    If you want 16GB, get a 16GB kit (4 x 4GB). We can not guarantee two separate kits to work at DDR3-2400.

That is a quad channel motherboard, so for best performance, you want 4 modules.

Hi! first of all thank you so much for your kind help!

I was already convinced that it is better (especially theorically) get a 16gb kit (4 x 4gb) but for the moment I have not enough money for that, so I bought on second hand for a very good price a 8gb kit (2 x 4gb F3-2400C10D-8GTD):

so, at the moment for me the point is to understand if i can encounter some problem if I buy today this model "F3-2400C10D-8GTD" and in the future the other model "F3-2400C10D-8GTX" for to be used togheter.

I understand perfectly that the best configuration is to buy the 16gb complete kit, but my curiosity and interest is what are the differences between the two models, if they are different, and if they are, from which technical aspect. Just for to understand if I can be able to use them mixed.

Have a wonderful day and thanks again!
    -Asus P5E @ Rampage Formula 0902
    -Intel Q9650 @ ???
    -Corsair xms2 2x2gb
    -Crucial pc8500 2x1gb
    -Ati 4890
    -Intel X25-M G2 80gb
    -Seagate 500gb sata2
    -Seagate 1500gb sata2
    -Maxtor DiamondMax 10 300gb sata
    -VAPOCHILL LS Black " now not working"
    -OCZ Gamextreem 700W
    -Thermaltake BigArmor VA8000 Black Metal
    -Creative X-FI extreem music

G.Skill USA Tech
    Difficult to say because it depends on the specific batch you get. The only way to know if you can mix them is to test. If you encounter problems, let us know and we can try to help.

Regards
    Feel free to contact ustech@gskillusa.com or use our G.Skill Q&A Sub-Forum, if having any questions about G.Skill products

Check out our items on NewEgg

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by [ITA]SEREUPIN80 View Post
    Hi! first of all thank you so much for your kind help!

I was already convinced that it is better (especially theorically) get a 16gb kit (4 x 4gb) but for the moment I have not enough money for that, so I bought on second hand for a very good price a 8gb kit (2 x 4gb F3-2400C10D-8GTD):

so, at the moment for me the point is to understand if i can encounter some problem if I buy today this model "F3-2400C10D-8GTD" and in the future the other model "F3-2400C10D-8GTX" for to be used togheter.

I understand perfectly that the best configuration is to buy the 16gb complete kit, but my curiosity and interest is what are the differences between the two models, if they are different, and if they are, from which technical aspect. Just for to understand if I can be able to use them mixed.

Have a wonderful day and thanks again!
    Don't know if you are familiar, or not, with the way you can "decode" the GSkill Serial Numbers to clue you in on what memory chips are being used and when the ram was produced, but if you aren't familiar, then check out the thread linked below.

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...-G-Skill-s-SNs

If you are going to try to find a match for your first kit at a later date then in order to increase your chances of the two kits working well together you need to match the first 4 digits of the serial number as closely as possible (Year & week manufactured) and you must match the next 3 (IC code). The last digits of the S/N are sequential for the batch that they are a part of, so if you can first match the IC, then the Yr & week, getting as close as possible on the last part of the number would be a big plus, although extremely hard to do if purchasing second hand.

Order of importance would be (A) the 5th - 7th digits [the memory IC code] (B) the 1st - 4th digits [the production Yr & Wk] and then (C) the sequential numbers beginning with the 9th digit thru the last digit.
    Last edited by Reefa_Madness; 10-30-2014 at 07:13 PM.
    In memory of Gracie, my sweet, sweet wife and mother of my children. Darling, we will miss you dearly. May you rest in peace (born to this world on March 30, 1976; went to her Heavenly Father on Good Friday, April 22, 2011).

http://animoto.com/play/E0wFhd6tN0nA...ent=challenger

Heat