Thread: upload is straining

Xtreme Legend

upload is straining

Thinking that CEP2 might not be well supported for the challenge and using the longer length of wu's to my advantage I have done a few days of clean energy.... I forgot how big the files are to upload

I have max 12Mb upload on this connection and it is feeling the strain

This may take a while....

My Biggest Fear Is When I die, My Wife Sells All My Stuff For What I Told Her I Paid For It.
    79 SB threads and 32 IB Threads across 4 rigs 111 threads Crunching!!

Xtreme X.I.P.
    BOINC sometimes pauses crunching to dedicate all available resources to a massive upload. Is that rig still crunching for you while this upload takes place?

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by jeanguy2 View Post
    BOINC sometimes pauses crunching to dedicate all available resources to a massive upload. Is that rig still crunching for you while this upload takes place?
    I've never that happen, do you have a link to a know instance or bug track on BOINC?

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow Crash View Post
    I've never that happen, do you have a link to a know instance or bug track on BOINC?
    No reference link snow crash, but I did have a i7 3770K crunching rig that did that to me. This rig was connected to the internet via a slow Wifi link. At the time I was running a high cache, likely 4 or 5 days, to compansate for both WCG server outages as well as an unpredictable flow of new cancer WUs. When the WCG server came back online, BOINC did suspend crunching while catching up to 3.to 3.5 days worth of completed WUs uploads to the server. I hence reconnected that rig to the internet via a more effective powerline adapter and have not seen BOINC suspend crunching while it uploaded a massive backlog of completed WUs to the WCG server.

Xtreme Cruncher
    I know it will not download any new work if you have "too much" that needs to be uploaded but your case is quite a bit different in that it stopped crunching completely ... I had not seen that one before and I like to collect oddities - sorry you experienced it but thanks for the info.

Xtreme Legend
    It could have been more if I had a better idea of what I am doing but 1,833,659pts uploaded so far today so what's that? 262K Boinc? 3,375 results including a lot of CEP2

seemed to take forever to upload.

Those machines that had work still kept on crunching while uploading

My Biggest Fear Is When I die, My Wife Sells All My Stuff For What I Told Her I Paid For It.
    79 SB threads and 32 IB Threads across 4 rigs 111 threads Crunching!!