Thread: Who is the coffee guru?

Xtreme Legend

Who is the coffee guru?

It is time I got me a new coffee machine. I have been without for the past 18 months

Who among you knows lots about espresso, grinders and machines?

A good source of beans would interest me too

My Biggest Fear Is When I die, My Wife Sells All My Stuff For What I Told Her I Paid For It.
    79 SB threads and 32 IB Threads across 4 rigs 111 threads Crunching!!

Xtreme crazy bastid
    If the machine is partly manual you're after a quality boiler with good temperature regulation and pressure. If you're after something fully automatic ... I don't use one as they take the art out of the extraction. ymmv of course.
    My favourite beans are Art of Espresso, but I have no idea if they're available internationally.
    I prefer a mid range burr grinder, nothing fancy.
    My espresso machine in a Breville 800 series and I have a Breville burr grinder with steel burrs rather than ceramic (cost issue, nothing more). Any time this lot makes a bad coffee it's my fault, not the hardware.

Machines like THIS make me entirely too happy.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

i f***ing love coffee that aeropress makes

+ it comes with a plunger so you can pretend you're a dalek when you're cleaning it

I like large posteriors and I cannot prevaricate

Administrator
    One of these D_A ?
    http://www.brevilleusa.com/die-cast-...e-800esxl.html

Been thinking about getting a espresso machine myself.
    When ever we make the trip over to Bodega Bay there is this little coffee shop that I stop at to get a double shot. Man I love it !

Xtreme X.I.P.
    OC, I received an nEspresso coffee machine from the kids at Christmas 2 years ago. Here is their English link. I have become addicted to it and at least 4 of its espresso shots per day. I have the very basic machine "essensa" and it is quite fine for making coffee for up to two persons at a time. They also sell a milk frotter as an extra accessory. Their coffee flavors are quite delicious but expensive $0.68 to $0.75 CAD per capsule for the OEM stuff. You can get many compatible brands that fit my nEspresso machines for 52 to 59 cents CAD / capsule. There are also other coffee machines available that use capsules such as the Kcup.

If you plan to buy a capsule type coffee machine make sure to look into the type of capsules it uses and the acceptace and availability of compatible cheaper coffee capsules from other coffee makers. The latest espresso coffee machines from the big guns have limited their machine to acepting only their authorizerd brand(s). Those guys are like the printer and razer folks, they will give you the coffee maker than nail you long term buying their overpriced branded coffee capsules.

Suggest that you look for an online store that offers coffee capsules and then see if they also sell a generic espresso coffee machine that will readily accept a variety of coffee capsules. Small coffee dealers in Holland and Australia are documented for giving the big guns like Nestle (nespresso) and Green Mountain coffee (Kurip) a strong and unwanted competition.
    Last edited by jeanguy2; 10-19-2014 at 06:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jeanguy2 View Post
    If you plan to buy a capsule type coffee machine make sure to look into the type of capsules it uses and the acceptace and availability of compatible cheaper coffee capsules from other coffee makers. The latest espresso coffee machines from the big guns have limited their machine to acepting only their authorizerd brand(s). Those guys are like the printer and razer folks, they will give you the coffee maker than nail you long term buying their overpriced branded coffee capsules.
    you saying Min-Liang Tan will come at your house and beat you up with a logitech keyboard, if you're trying to connect it to a computer that has synapse installed?

I like large posteriors and I cannot prevaricate

Xtreme crazy bastid
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye View Post
    One of these D_A ?
    http://www.brevilleusa.com/die-cast-...e-800esxl.html

Been thinking about getting a espresso machine myself.
    When ever we make the trip over to Bodega Bay there is this little coffee shop that I stop at to get a double shot. Man I love it !

Yep, that's the one.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by jeanguy2 View Post
    OC, I received an nEspresso coffee machine from the kids at Christmas 2 years ago. Here is their English link. I have become addicted to it and at least 4 of its espresso shots per day. I have the very basic machine "essensa" and it is quite fine for making coffee for up to two persons at a time. They also sell a milk frotter as an extra accessory. Their coffee flavors are quite delicious but expensive $0.68 to $0.75 CAD per capsule for the OEM stuff. You can get many compatible brands that fit my nEspresso machines for 52 to 59 cents CAD / capsule. There are also other coffee machines available that use capsules such as the Kcup.

Suggest that you look for an online store that offers coffee capsules and then see if they also sell a generic espresso coffee machine that will readily accept a variety of coffee capsules. Small coffee dealers in Holland and Australia are documented for giving the big guns like Nestle (nespresso) and Green Mountain coffee (Kurip) a strong and unwanted competition.
    Depending on how much of a connoisseur you are... these capsule ones (when set up properly) can make coffee that rivals just about any large coffee store you've been to or even seen, but they're not going to rival a truly skilled barista... that said, the Kuerig is fairly good with a great variety of things it can make... all sorts of coffees and teas, but it's nothing fancy, just injects the right amount of hot water into a flavor pouch. The nespresso on the other hand, is slightly more advanced, nothing revolutionary, but definitely cool... and my roommate swears by his... and the milk frother is bordering on awesome...

But, those are definitely more expensive per serving...

My brother uses a true french press and swears by it... but surprisingly, it actually takes a fair amount of skill to make well... (it looks so simple...)

(Disclaimer, I know nothing about coffee... but spend lots of time with coffee fanatics, so take this for what it's worth...)

Anyway, just my

24 hour prime stable? Please, I'm 24/7/365 WCG stable!

So you can do Furmark, Can you Grid???