Thread: USB 3.0 issues

Xtreme Enthusiast

USB 3.0 issues

I have been having quite a few issues with the motherboard I have from ASRock. It is the Z87 Extreme4. My issue is the usb 3.0 No matter what I plug in it says this device can perform faster than this blah blah blah. Anyway, that should not be happening as I am plugging in usb 3.0 devices. What is going on? The other problem is that my front ports that are from the mobod header will no longer recognize any of my external 2.5 hdd. 1 on the back also says this so I am limited to just 3 ports on the back that I can plug into with my external hdd and they are very important to what I do. Is anyone familiar with this? Is this only on this board or a common thing among ASRock? I have other computers and the usb 3.0 works just great.
    2-VIOTEK FI24D V2 24-Inch QHD Gaming Monitor with IPS Technology, ASUS ROG STRIX B550-A GAMING AM4 AMD B550, CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB (2 x 8GB) DRAM DDR4 3200, MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Ti 6GB GDDR6
    AMD RYZEN 5 3600 6-Core 3.6 GHz, Asus BW-12B1ST Internal Blu-ray Writer SAMSUNG 830 Series 2.5" 256GB SATA III , HITACHI Deskstar 2TB, 2 - Western Digital Black -2 TB HDD
    Super Flower Leadex III 650W 80+ Gold, AMD AM4 Wraith Prism LED RGB Cooler Fan, Windows 10 Professional Retail, Fractal Design R4 case

Nerdy Powerlifter
    Have you tried rolling back drivers or entirely uninstalling & reinstalling the usb 3.0 drivers? Check the device manager to see if the 3.0 ports aren't flagged.

Also, do you have a usb 3.0 pcie card? That would be a good litmus test if you have one handy.
    You must [not] advance.

Current Rig: i7 4790k @ stock (**** TIM!) , Zotac GTX 1080 WC'd 2214mhz core / 5528mhz Mem, Asus z-97 Deluxe

Heatware