Thread: Nvidia Says Samsung and Qualcomm Infringing Graphics Patents....

Xtreme Member

Nvidia Says Samsung and Qualcomm Infringing Graphics Patents....

Custom case laser cut from a 3/16" thick sheet of brushed Aluminum 8"x80" & cold formed into a box then anodized black with 1/2" Poly-carbonate side panels..[.fully modular, all aluminum mounting brackets, HD bays, and mobo tray are removable...down to the bare box
    --Asus Maximus V Gene--
    --Intel 3770k @4.2 GHz De-lided and I soldered an Arctic Twin Turbo to the Intel.
    --MSI R7970 3GB @1150, 1500 cooled with an Arctic Accelero Xtreme--
    --G.SKILL Ripjaws @2400 MHz --
    --SeaSonic X-1050 Gold--
    --128 GB Sandisk UltraPlus is was only $59 new! Seagate 1TB HD--
    --Samsung S23A750D 120Hz monitor--
    --Razer Tarantula-- keyboard, yes it is like 8 years old!
    --Corsair M60 mouse--
    --Klipsh Promedia 2.1-- I rock stereo speakers the way they were meant to be rocked
    -- 100% Fun ...

Does it ever shock anyone else when your hear someone use Darwin's "survival of the fittest" to justify genocide?

Xtreme Addict
    It makes me laugh some of the law suits in the US, the only ppl who make money out of them are the scum errr I mean lawyers and EVERY company in the past has either out right stolen IT from others/and/or litigated the weaker company to bankruptcy
    lots and lots of cores and lots and lots of tuners,HTPC's boards,cases,HDD's,vga's,DDR1&2&3 etc etc all powered by Corsair PSU's

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by alpha0ne View Post
    It makes me laugh some of the law suits in the US, the only ppl who make money out of them are the scum errr I mean lawyers and EVERY company in the past has either out right stolen IT from others/and/or litigated the weaker company to bankruptcy
    So what makes you think this suit is frivolous? Or is that the knee-jerk response whenever a company you don't like sues the one you like? Frivolous! Outrageous! USA Sucks!

Considering the fact that this is the FIRST patent suit ever filed by nVidia in their 21 year history, I guarantee this isn't some small infringement by Qualcomm/Samsung.

"If the representatives of the people betray their constituents, there is then no resource left but in the exertion of that original right of self-defense which is paramount to all positive forms of government"
    -- Alexander Hamilton

It does seem a little irresponsible for all these years to go buy and just now say something.
    Asus Rampage IV Extreme
    4930k @4.875
    G.Skill Trident X 2666 Cl10
    Gtx 780 SC
    1600w Lepa Gold
    Samsung 840 Pro 256GB

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Ace123 View Post
    It does seem a little irresponsible for all these years to go buy and just now say something.
    Years? It seems most devices infringing are newer models, Galaxy Note Edge, Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5?

Intel Core i7-3770K
    ASUS P8Z77-I DELUXE
    EVGA GTX 970 SC
    Corsair 16GB (2x8GB) Vengeance LP 1600
    Corsair H80
    120GB Samsung 840 EVO, 500GB WD Scorpio Blue, 1TB Samsung Spinpoint F3
    Corsair RM650
    Cooler Master Elite 120 Advanced
    OC: 5Ghz | +0.185 offset : 1.352v

Oops dbl post
    Last edited by Ace123; 10-14-2014 at 12:54 PM.
    Asus Rampage IV Extreme
    4930k @4.875
    G.Skill Trident X 2666 Cl10
    Gtx 780 SC
    1600w Lepa Gold
    Samsung 840 Pro 256GB

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    Years? It seems most devices infringing are newer models, Galaxy Note Edge, Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5?
    Look at the patents.. not the model list. they have choose thoses one only because ban them will bring a lot of pressure on Samsung.
    Last edited by Lanek; 10-14-2014 at 11:35 PM.
    CPU: - I7 4930K (EK Supremacy )
    GPU: - 2x AMD HD7970 flashed GHZ bios ( EK Acetal Nickel Waterblock H2o)
    Motherboard: Asus x79 Deluxe
    RAM: G-skill Ares C9 2133mhz 16GB
    Main Storage: Samsung 840EVO 500GB / 2x Crucial RealSSD C300 Raid0

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Disgusting

Qualcomm mobile GPU technology came from ATi (acquired by AMD at that time). NVIDIA was not present in the market at the moment.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by qcmadness View Post
    Disgusting

Qualcomm mobile GPU technology came from ATi (acquired by AMD at that time). NVIDIA was not present in the market at the moment.
    The developments made by Qualcomm since the acquisition of the GPU tech is where they allegedly infringed. Qualcomm uses it's patents to effectively block any competition in mobile modems, this is just a taste of their own medicine.

Quote Originally Posted by Ace123 View Post
    At least Nvidia spent ~2 years talking to Qualcomm, Samsung & ARM about their infringement trying to get licensing deals but having gotten nowhere only now taken the lawsuit route.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew LB View Post
    Considering the fact that this is the FIRST patent suit ever filed by nVidia in their 21 year history, I guarantee this isn't some small infringement by Qualcomm/Samsung.
    False.
    Originally Posted by motown_steve
    Every genocide that was committed during the 20th century has been preceded by the disarmament of the target population. Once the government outlaws your guns your life becomes a luxury afforded to you by the state. You become a tool to benefit the state. Should you cease to benefit the state or even worse become an annoyance or even a hindrance to the state then your life becomes more trouble than it is worth.

Once the government outlaws your guns your life is forfeit. You're already dead, it's just a question of when they are going to get around to you.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LordEC911 View Post
    False.
    Except that it is true. This is nvidias first large-profile, offensive patent lawsuit.
    Gigabyte z68 UD3
    2600k @ stock
    8Gb G Skill
    2x eVGA GTX 680 @ stock
    Intel 320 80Gb
    Intel 320 120Gb x2
    Intel 320 160Gb x2

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by schoolslave View Post
    Except that it is true. This is nvidias first large-profile, offensive patent lawsuit.
    Then what's Intel vs NVIDIA patent lawsuit?

Xtreme Addict
    Or the Nvidia vs 3dfx suit?
    Originally Posted by motown_steve
    Every genocide that was committed during the 20th century has been preceded by the disarmament of the target population. Once the government outlaws your guns your life becomes a luxury afforded to you by the state. You become a tool to benefit the state. Should you cease to benefit the state or even worse become an annoyance or even a hindrance to the state then your life becomes more trouble than it is worth.

Once the government outlaws your guns your life is forfeit. You're already dead, it's just a question of when they are going to get around to you.

Xtreme Addict
    Back in those days didn't everyone sue nVidia?
    Quote Originally Posted by alacheesu View Post
    If you were consistently able to put two pieces of lego together when you were a kid, you should have no trouble replacing the pump top.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by qcmadness View Post
    Then what's Intel vs NVIDIA patent lawsuit?
    Intel sued Nvidia then Nvidia sued Intel.... so defensive/revenge lawsuit on Nvidia's part. I think this is their 3rd large offensive lawsuit though.