Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Waiting for a call from the doctor. CT scan.

Xtreme Legend
    Just don't spill any..... I am not a drinker but that glass above looks enticing. I do drink by the way but it can be months between instances of my desire to do so.

What part of Ireland do you connect to PG?

My Biggest Fear Is When I die, My Wife Sells All My Stuff For What I Told Her I Paid For It.
    79 SB threads and 32 IB Threads across 4 rigs 111 threads Crunching!!

Xtreme X.I.P.
    .... it can be months between instances of my desire to do so.
    OC, is that drinking or sex...

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by OldChap View Post
    Just don't spill any..... I am not a drinker but that glass above looks enticing. I do drink by the way but it can be months between instances of my desire to do so.

I am almost ashamed to say I do not know. Most of the relatives that had any interest in such things are gone. My mother and I talked a bit about being Scottish/Irish/English but she is well into her 80s and memories are fading too fast.

I have thought I might try that Ancestory.com as I am rather intrigued by it all. I do know that one of my aunts did some research years ago and traced the Mclain's to McLeans in Scotland. They were, a long time ago, famed swordsman. She also found our Coat-of-Arms. I do also remember my grandmother Towles talking about being English. It's all I can remember.

I am pretty sure my daughters would find it of value. So I guess I should before no one is left.

Last edited by PoppaGeek; 10-12-2014 at 09:36 AM.

Linux those diseases

Xtreme Cruncher
    Tell me laddie, do ya have that in an X-large.

According to my eldest daughter we are tied to the Mclean Clan and the Durat Castle Whether it is spelled Mclean or Maclean may depend on location.

Either way I am getting a flight to Scotland and going to the castle. Knock knock "Sup cuz, wheres the beer?"
    Last edited by PoppaGeek; 10-12-2014 at 10:23 AM.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by OldChap View Post

aye

Xtreme Legend
    A toast then PG ...To elfin wellbeing , well the one you know that kept out of trouble at least...

Your good elf sir !!

My Biggest Fear Is When I die, My Wife Sells All My Stuff For What I Told Her I Paid For It.
    79 SB threads and 32 IB Threads across 4 rigs 111 threads Crunching!!

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by PoppaGeek View Post
    Tell me laddie, do ya have that in an X-large.

According to my eldest daughter we are tied to the Mclean Clan and the Durat Castle Whether it is spelled Mclean or Maclean may depend on location.

Either way I am getting a flight to Scotland and going to the castle. Knock knock "Sup cuz, wheres the beer?"
    Clan Maclean - I know you've mentioned your name before, but that just clicked in the post above this...

And they were Axemen!

Swordsman. Psh... Silly PG.

24 hour prime stable? Please, I'm 24/7/365 WCG stable!

So you can do Furmark, Can you Grid???

Xtreme Cruncher
    As I suspected mom does not remember anything helpful and her scrapbooks provided nothing helpful. I do not come from a close knit family. Most of it's members do not like each other and only a few even speak to each other. The ones who could have been helpful are no longer around. I have no idea where the claimed Irish blood is from as the O'brien was not blood but by marriage. Dads side was Mcclain and mom's was Towels. But even then where in England and where in Scotland we are from I have no idea except for the claimed link to Mclean or Maclean.

I should feel worse about this I suppose but like I said the only real family I have are my daughters and grandkids and mom who is more friend than mother. The one aunt and one grandmother I was close to are dead. The others do not matter. It is what it is.

Being or playing Irish is fun though. The stereotypes are fun.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by PoppaGeek View Post
    As I suspected mom does not remember anything helpful and her scrapbooks provided nothing helpful. I do not come from a close knit family. Most of it's members do not like each other and only a few even speak to each other. The ones who could have been helpful are no longer around. I have no idea where the claimed Irish blood is from as the O'brien was not blood but by marriage. Dads side was Mcclain and mom's was Towels. But even then where in England and where in Scotland we are from I have no idea except for the claimed link to Mclean or Maclean.

I should feel worse about this I suppose but like I said the only real family I have are my daughters and grandkids and mom who is more friend than mother. The one aunt and one grandmother I was close to are dead. The others do not matter. It is what it is.

Being or playing Irish is fun though. The stereotypes are fun.

Well, if you're related to the Maclean clan, it's pretty easy to find a lot of info... The Towel family is too large and has too many origins to be able to trace accurately without more info... Same with O'brien (though O'brien is going to make it easier than O'brian...)

24 hour prime stable? Please, I'm 24/7/365 WCG stable!

So you can do Furmark, Can you Grid???

Xtreme Cruncher
    As long as they aren't migraines! Those are the worst!!
    i3-8100 | GTX 970
    Ryzen 5 1600 | RX 580
    Assume nothing; Question everything

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12