Thread: Androids like pie too

Linux those diseases

Androids like pie too

Total credit

RAC

Thought it time they got some recognition Data as reported to NativeBoinc site, whose data looks broken in places. AFAIK this does not include those using the Berkley android app. I don't see a practical way of getting that data.

Xtreme crazy bastid
    I know it's rated higher from users but I found the Android client from Berkley gave me a LOT of errors on my Android device. More errors than not, actually. Other users in the WCG Beta forum reported better success from the NativeBoinc client so I'm trying that now. NativeBoinc lacks some of the settings of the Berkley client, such as to suspend computing based on battery temperature and charge level and whether the charger is connected or the device is in use. The Berkley client also defaults to using only one CPU core regardless of the settings in your WCG profile while NativeBoinc behaves more like the regular client.

Another note about NativeBoinc, when you connect to WCG and go to attach to your account, you need to enter your username into the email field rather than your email address. This appears to only be for WCG though. I found I also needed to use all lower case.
    No report of errors etc yet as I'm still on my first batch of work units.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Xtreme Cruncher
    Grumble grumble grumble... gah! Now I have to start that back up again so I don't get passed...

Haha thanks SAM! I was actually so surprised to get some pie (much less cherry!) that it took me a good 5 minutes to figure out what was even going on!

I can second what DA's said though - official BOINC throws about 40% errors for me... too high to be worth it. Native boinc works great, but while it has the options to only work when plugged in, under certain temp, etc, etc.... they don't seem to work. I usually let it run when plugged in overnight and sometimes when I'm working at my desk for long periods, then manually pause it when I unplug it. Far from ideal, but I've gotten enough into the habit that I'm cool with it.

Also, be careful about temps! I've seen temps overheat the battery and kill battery life on both the galaxy S3 and S4... so I assume it's an issue with all phones. Particularly in hot climates! Not a reason not to do it, just a fair warning!

Happy crunching y'all! And thanks for the new pie idea SAM!

24 hour prime stable? Please, I'm 24/7/365 WCG stable!

So you can do Furmark, Can you Grid???

Xtreme Cruncher
    BTW - who are these other guys running on Android??? Come say hi! What'cha running?

24 hour prime stable? Please, I'm 24/7/365 WCG stable!

So you can do Furmark, Can you Grid???