Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [Various] Titan X Benchmarks

Xtreme Guru
    Looks like if you want 4k, this is the card to get
    Quote Originally Posted by Hans de Vries View Post

JF-AMD posting: IPC increases!!!!!!! How many times did I tell you!!!

terrace215 post: IPC decreases, The more I post the more it decreases.
    .....}
    until (interrupt by Movieman)

Regards, Hans

Xtreme Addict
    5-10 fps for double the cost of a 1080, seems legit.
    7820X | Asrock X299 Taichi XE | Gigabyte 1080 Ti Xtreme | 32GB Memoriez | Corsair HXi1000 | 500GB 960 Evo

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Budwise View Post
    When the Titan is OCed that could bump those figures up too.
    i7 6700K @4.8 ghz
    XSPC RayStorm (very nice block)
    Z170 Sabertooh ,, 32GB- Gskill (15-15-15-36 @3600 mhz) 1:1
    XFX-7970 with Swiftech Komodo nickel block
    Water Cooling - MO-RA3 Pro with 4 Silverstone 180mm @ 700 rpm, Twin Vario mcp-655 pumps
    Samsung 850-1TB SSD,, OCZ ZX-1250W (powerfull and silent)
    Crossfire 30" decent monitor for IPS too bad SED tech died

Docsis2.0 Docsis3.0

-- People who reject the idea that "government has a responsibility to reduce income inequality" give an average of four times more than people who accept that proposition.

Quote Originally Posted by Budwise View Post
    do we have overclocking numbers, if it gets to 2ghz it will be great. right now it is underclocked when compared to the 1080 or p100.
    5930k, R5E, samsung 8GBx4 d-die, vega 56, wd gold 8TB, wd 4TB red, 2TB raid1 wd blue 5400
    samsung 840 evo 500GB, HP EX 1TB NVME , CM690II, swiftech h220, corsair 750hxi

i want one...

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by StyM View Post

i want one...
    this is a shame for AMD. It's latest card is not worth for being in the list of comprasion.

When i'm being paid i always do my job through.

This card is worth it if you have the previous Titan X or a 980Ti, but if you already own a 1080 it's not really worth it. Was hoping for more performance though, but considering the specs it was somewhat expected.
    AMD Threadripper 12 core 1920x CPU OC at 4Ghz | ASUS ROG Zenith Extreme X399 motherboard | 32GB G.Skill Trident RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 RAM | Gigabyte 11GB GTX 1080 Ti Aorus Xtreme GPU | SilverStone Strider Platinum 1000W Power Supply | Crucial 1050GB MX300 SSD | 4TB Western Digital HDD | 60" Samsung JU7000 4K UHD TV at 3840x2160

Xtreme Member
    Another useless card. Pointless synthetic benches.

Volta all the way.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SinOfLiberty View Post
    Another useless card. Pointless synthetic benches.

Volta all the way.
    Only rarely do we get a card such as this. The last Titan was "the first 1440p card" and this one is the first "4K card". While the first Titan was the first "1080p card" .... before any of those cards you could not max those resolutions.

So -yeah- it's an epic release for those waiting with a 4K monitor for what seems (by now) to be years.

For the rest it's not an important release, but the same is true for pretty much anything when someone apart from its target audience is asked.

Xtreme Member
    ^wut?

Another 35% over mid range product.
    It is all the same every gen. Plus no hbm 2, 4k is not there yet. This card wont run it, but yes, 4k all low@ 50 fps is such joy. Base off gameplay vids, not benches from these PR websites.

nvidia will probably release a 1080Ti to fill the price gap, maybe will be priced at 899-999...
    AMD where are you ?

Quote Originally Posted by StyM View Post
    nvidia will probably release a 1080Ti to fill the price gap, maybe will be priced at 899-999...
    AMD where are you ?
    it looks like they put all their eggs in the samsung + HMB2 basket, and both fell apart.
    5930k, R5E, samsung 8GBx4 d-die, vega 56, wd gold 8TB, wd 4TB red, 2TB raid1 wd blue 5400

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SinOfLiberty View Post
    ^wut?

Another 35% over mid range product.
    It is all the same every gen. Plus no hbm 2, 4k is not there yet. This card wont run it, but yes, 4k all low@ 50 fps is such joy. Base off gameplay vids, not benches from these PR websites.
    HBM2 would make no appreciable difference, the card is not memory starved, if anything it's core clock starved. I've overclocked mine to 2100 Mhz (averages somewhere between 2000 and 2100) and I get almost linear gains. At this point HBM2 is a gimmick, maybe next gen it will be useful.

There is not one game that I have tried thus far that does not do 4K @ 60 Hz maxed at my clocks. Have you seen the reviews? This is *the* first 4K card.

It's 47% faster when you overclock both GTX 1080 and Titan XP. GTX 1080 is not a midrange product it costs $700 at most vendors. Having almost 50% more performance than a $700 card just a month after its release is significant. Yes it's also ~80% pricier, but you get better resaleability and better compute. It's a good deal given the price of GTX 1080 ... I don't see why you're complaining.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevethegreat View Post
    HBM2 would make no appreciable difference, the card is not memory starved, if anything it's core clock starved. I've overclocked mine to 2100 Mhz (averages somewhere between 2000 and 2100) and I get almost linear gains. At this point HBM2 is a gimmick, maybe next gen it will be useful.

There is not one game that I have tried thus far that does not do 4K @ 60 Hz maxed at my clocks. Have you seen the reviews? This is *the* first 4K card.

It's 47% faster when you overclock both GTX 1080 and Titan XP. GTX 1080 is not a midrange product it costs $700 at most vendors. Having almost 50% more performance than a $700 card just a month after its release is significant. Yes it's also ~80% pricier, but you get better resaleability and better compute. It's a good deal given the price of GTX 1080 ... I don't see why you're complaining.
    it has a gp104, 104 means first gen, first revision and mid range. we are getting screwed in cost compaired to the older products. die size was always the same per cost until TSMC got stuck on 28nm.

Xtreme Member
    + ^

GP100 of Pascal is disgustingly disappointing. Optimization is simply not there.

Xtreme Guru
    I don't see why you guys are so unhappy. This is the best enthusiast card ever made - of course it would be expensive. High end cards always have quadratic increases in price for each increase in performance.

It's also the first card in a while that actually requires some skill and cooling to overclock. I would have thought the enthusiast community would be all over this.

.....}

Regards, Hans

Quote Originally Posted by AliG View Post
    I don't see why you guys are so unhappy. This is the best enthusiast card ever made - of course it would be expensive. High end cards always have quadratic increases in price for each increase in performance.

It's also the first card in a while that actually requires some skill and cooling to overclock. I would have thought the enthusiast community would be all over this.

if you set the fan for 100% at 75c and set 20% power and target 1880mhz boost it will do 2060-2100 all day. it needs a new bios to be any fun. we also had our first die size shirnk in 4 years and we get more costly cards, it is not supposed to work that way.

Xtreme Guru
    Again, overclocking this card requires a bit of skill again. I don't think I've seen any volt modding yet, but you can be sure it's only a matter of time before someone busts out the LN2.

As far as cost, it makes perfect sense. The increase in cost had nothing to do with the die shrink or even the cost of R&D. It's pure supply and demand. AMD has not had a true high end competitor since the 5970 (you could make the argument about 7970, except that GK104 was never intended to be a high end card), and as such, Nvidia can price their cards however they want.

.....}

Regards, Hans

Again, overclocking this card requires a bit of skill again. I don't think I've seen any volt modding yet, but you can be sure it's only a matter of time before someone busts out the LN2.

As far as cost, it makes perfect sense. The increase in cost had nothing to do with the die shrink or even the cost of R&D. It's pure supply and demand. AMD has not had a true high end competitor since the 5970 (you could make the argument about 7970, except that GK104 was never intended to be a high end card), and as such, Nvidia can price their cards however they want.

kingpin showed that paskal is worthless with hardware mods and requires micro code that you cannot really change unless you have the vendor do it for you. apparently things may even be signed and encrypted by nvidia so you cannot even make those changes as a customer moding things.

lets not forget that kepler 100 was canceled as TSMC did a real bad job with 28nm at first, and the kepler 11x was slower than hawaii in most applications in single and double gpu card applications. affter that nvidia had a new generation but amd failed with the fury since they were aiming for new node and new memory to come out on time and nether did so they had a giant expensive die and was amounted to sample ram.

we used to pay about the same per die size and it amounted to 3-4x material cost. right now we dont have exact pricing but the per wafer 16nm price is supposed to be very close to the 28nm but you get 1/3 more chips on it. it is feeling like cpus right now since nvidia is gouging and amd is doing nothing of value. that is not interesting, they are removing overclocking that would let you buy a cheaper part to match the next tier, and prices are way up for no reason.

edit- dont get me wrong i want one, it just is not interesting at this point.
    Last edited by zanzabar; 08-04-2016 at 04:35 PM.

Xtreme Guru
    Idk man. If you really want to do something about it, buy AMD and force Nvidia to lower their prices.

.....}

Regards, Hans

Idk man. If you really want to do something about it, buy AMD and force Nvidia to lower their prices.
    i already have a 7950 boost and i planned on buying whatever high end card was reasonably priced first. right now we have a card but no reasonable price so if that ti comes out at the end of the month i will just get that. i have waited 4 years for a high end single gpu card from amd and ended up with something i wasnt happy about 3 years ago when my old card died. now that that is feeling old i just dont care and want a new high end card.

i also feel like amd should be punished for trusting samsung exclusively with both fab and memory. you never trust samsung as they have a history of screwing everyone if some one will pay more for your "reserved stock" to become an exclusive part.

Xtreme Member
    https://www.youtube.com/user/DudeRandom84/videos

To put an end here; The card is a real heater. Reaches ~80C 100% fan even at stock speeds, and with minor 1950oc it breaks 80c, downthrottles and that is it. Unless you do stupid bench which puts little stress on gpu. Hence, why i said the optimization is not there. maxwell was an engineering masterpiece, this one disappoints. It becomes unstable at lower clocks than gp104, because it not made for overclocking. GP104 which will benefit from custom BIOS much more.

Maxes out Crysis 3 @1080 that is a BIG WIN!
    Last edited by SinOfLiberty; 08-04-2016 at 06:46 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast