Thread: Vapor compression system expert/designer/consultant/builder required - Northern Cali

Vapor compression system expert/designer/consultant/builder required - Northern Cali

Hi,
    We're working on a portable vaccine refrigerator project, for the developing world. Vapor compression is not an area of expertise for us, so we're looking for a consultant to help us design, specify and prototype a system for us, using something like one of the miniature Aspen compressors.
    I've messaged mytekcontrols but haven't had any response. Wondering whether anyone else, with similar skills is based in Northern California? The project is based in Berkeley.
    Let me know.
    Thanks,
    Mike

Hi Mike,

The designs are here to what you are looking for, mytek is correct person.

Searched ebay for surplus?
    Intel 9990XE @ 5.1Ghz
    ASUS Rampage VI Extreme Omega
    GTX 2080 ti Galax Hall of Fame
    64GB Galax Hall of Fame
    Intel Optane
    Platimax 1245W

Intel 3175X
    Asus Dominus Extreme
    GRX 1080ti Galax Hall of Fame
    96GB Patriot Steel
    Intel Optane 900P RAID

-150c Club Member
    Mike Elam and I made a connection, and I will be helping him and his team on this project. Unfortunately I am now under an NDA so I don't know how much if anything more can be posted about the project on these forums. But I can say that it should prove to be quite interesting, and is destined to help people in the developing world having poor or no standard power facilities available to preserve vitally needed vaccines. Hopefully Mike can elaborate more on this.
    Last edited by mytekcontrols; 10-04-2014 at 07:09 PM.
    Michael St. Pierre

• Worked 15 years for Polycold Systems
    • Now Self-Employed
    • Manufacture Heat Load Controllers
    • Also do contract service work on Polycold units

Side note: I usually don't respond to PM's or emails regarding the projects that I post in the forums. I feel it's much more fair to all, to answer questions within the forum topics themselves.