Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ***Offical ASRock x99 OC Formula Thread - Tips / Discussion / BIOS / Tools***

PI in the face

***Offical ASRock x99 OC Formula Thread - Tips / Discussion / BIOS / Tools***

***ASRock x99 OC Formula Thread - Tips / Discussion / BIOS / Tools***

BIOS
    X99OCF112a
    X99OCF114f

Tools
    AsrTCSetup(v3.0.5)
    X99ocftools0910

PICS

Board is fully coated and ready for 4-way
    Memory Profiles are spot on

Current CPU-Z Record for 5960x

Also Wprime 32
    Last edited by Splave; 09-29-2014 at 05:21 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by L0ud View Post
    So many opinions and so few screenshots

Xtreme Memory Hoarder
    Some early testing all air cooled

32M

XTU testing 4/4.5Ghz

Quote Originally Posted by Hondacity View Post
    gskillllin it!

Nice, That is a monster chip

Just got one, Hope my retail is at least half decent
    Last edited by Witchdoctor; 09-21-2014 at 04:14 PM.

Xtreme Member
    Looks good

looks amazing.
    Seems there's a early gap in 32m efficiency compared to Asus, or just Asus start work earlier?

Xtreme Member
    Just put together a new build with this board and that chip..., Looks great in the D-Frame. ...will be watching this thread for tips! Oooppps...also using Kingston DDR4 Hyperx Predator 16GB

Last edited by flamenko; 09-28-2014 at 02:04 PM.

I'm still waiting.

Would arrive at middle of the week.

greeting

Heinrich

PI in the face
    New bios
    http://www.filedropper.com/x99ocf114f

and some wprime32

3 of top 5 on asrock using lower frequency and better time Seems efficient to me

So how do you like that?

AMD 7800X3D@watercool-Heatkiller IV Pro| ASUS Crosshair X670E Hero | NVidia Founders Edition 4090 @watercool_Waterblock H²O@Mo-Ra3|Seasonic Fokus-GX 1000W| 2*16 GB G.Skill@F5-6000J3038F16GX2-TZ5N | Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB |Gigabyte Aorus NVMe Gen4, Samsung 850 PRO 1 TB| Cooler Master CoSmoS II |LG OLED42C21LA 106 cm (42 Zoll)|Windows 11 Prof. 64 bit
    Sound: AVR-X3600H@5.1 Nubert-NuVero70

PI in the face
    what speed?

CPU speed at 4,5 GHz.
    Is it or ?
    AMD 7800X3D@watercool-Heatkiller IV Pro| ASUS Crosshair X670E Hero | NVidia Founders Edition 4090 @watercool_Waterblock H²O@Mo-Ra3|Seasonic Fokus-GX 1000W| 2*16 GB G.Skill@F5-6000J3038F16GX2-TZ5N | Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB |Gigabyte Aorus NVMe Gen4, Samsung 850 PRO 1 TB| Cooler Master CoSmoS II |LG OLED42C21LA 106 cm (42 Zoll)|Windows 11 Prof. 64 bit
    Sound: AVR-X3600H@5.1 Nubert-NuVero70

Xtreme Member
    Ok so... in fear of being labeled an idiot (which I am quite often by the way), I am going to let all know that I have never OC'd....having been tied up in my SSD world since O7. Having said that, how does this look? It is a straight pre-config'd OC with my system running ay 4.5 and I believe the memory is up to 2666... System is running smooth with no probs whatsoever.

Any ideas... would love to learn...shoot them my way and no...don't suggest something that will blow the system please eheh.

Last edited by flamenko; 09-29-2014 at 12:43 PM.

PI in the face
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz_the_germ View Post
    CPU speed at 4,5 GHz.
    Is it or ?
    Looks good for 6 core!

Quote Originally Posted by flamenko View Post
    Ok so... in fear of being labeled an idiot (which I am quite often by the way), I am going to let all know that I have never OC'd....having been tied up in my SSD world since O7. Having said that, how does this look? It is a straight pre-config'd OC with my system running ay 4.5 and I believe the memory is up to 2666... System is running smooth with no probs whatsoever.

Any ideas... would love to learn...shoot them my way and no...don't suggest something that will blow the system please eheh.
    Start again using 125 BCLK divider, then you can run you memory at 3000mhz easily. Using a lower multiplier on the CPU may allow you to lower voltage a tad as well.
    Otherwise looks great, you must be very happy.

Xtreme Member
    Just pm'd you...admittedly seeking assistance eheh.

PI in the face
    Glad to help if I can

Champion
    New bios here . improve memory training speed and 3Dmark performance

http://picx.xfastest.com/nickshih/asrock/X99OCF17b.rar
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Xtreme Member
    From the man himself...

Xtreme Member
    Can I ask anyone a big favor? Can someone post a storage bench or two using Crystal Diskmark or AS SSD? I need the tests to be done with C states and Speedstep off...just for the benchmarks. Doing it with anything connected is fine but I am trying to determine whether it is the chipset or the fact that I migrated an old system that is causing consistent low 4K results, whether in NVMe, PCIe X4, X2 or SATA. IN all but NVMe I am getting around the 50MB/s mark, while my P3700 dropped way down to 90MB/s.

Update...new bios helps a bit...not much.
    Last edited by flamenko; 10-04-2014 at 12:39 PM.

New BIOS XP does not register clocks ?

7 is fine ?

http://valid.x86.fr/wuah1z

My chip kinda blows

Xtreme Member
    Ok so a bit of an update. We have done a fresh install of Win 8 and installed all new drivers and have noticed a few things:

1. storage benchmark performance is lower whether or not the system is optimized. Typically with an optimized system, one might get anywhere from 130-140MB/s for low 4K writes; the highest one can expect to reach now might be 115MB/s tops;

2. low 4K random writes with any M.2 drive (SATA/X2/X4) is horrid and tops out around 60MB/s;

3. NVMe is similar with low 4k randoms dropping from 300MB/s down to 211MB/s.

We found very little difference in our original build, compared to a new OS and driver installation and the newer BIOS that Nick supplied improved things markedly, but nowehere near what you might see in a Z97 system. WE haven't tried a Win 7 build but would be interested in anything anyone could post to assist.

The interesting part of this is the fact that I distinctly remember setting the X79 board aside for benchmark testing for the same problem. Can it be X series processors?

Bit of an update... Just went through every posted X99 motherboard review I could find, none of which had posted SSD benchmarks where the low 4K write performance could be identified through an AS SSD Bench, Crystal Diskmark score or Anvil result. There were tons that had charts made up to identify high sequential results but none that tackled these benchmarks...much like I had seen before. Is it possible everybody who has this board understands that SSD results are substandard to Z Series chips but has skated around it? Is this a common issue with all X-series chips (X58/X79/X99)?
    Last edited by flamenko; 10-05-2014 at 09:23 AM.

RAIDer
    Ok so a bit of an update. We have done a fresh install of Win 8 and installed all new drivers and have noticed a few things:

1. storage benchmark performance is lower whether or not the system is optimized. Typically with an optimized system, one might get anywhere from 130-140MB/s for low 4K writes; the highest one can expect to reach now might be 115MB/s tops;

2. low 4K random writes with any M.2 drive (SATA/X2/X4) is horrid and tops out around 60MB/s;

3. NVMe is similar with low 4k randoms dropping from 300MB/s down to 211MB/s.

We found very little difference in our original build, compared to a new OS and driver installation and the newer BIOS that Nick supplied improved things markedly, but nowehere near what you might see in a Z97 system. WE haven't tried a Win 7 build but would be interested in anything anyone could post to assist.

The interesting part of this is the fact that I distinctly remember setting the X79 board aside for benchmark testing for the same problem. Can it be X series processors?

Bit of an update... Just went through every posted X99 motherboard review I could find, none of which had posted SSD benchmarks where the low 4K write performance could be identified through an AS SSD Bench, Crystal Diskmark score or Anvil result. There were tons that had charts made up to identify high sequential results but none that tackled these benchmarks...much like I had seen before. Is it possible everybody who has this board understands that SSD results are substandard to Z Series chips but has skated around it? Is this a common issue with all X-series chips (X58/X79/X99)?
    My tests with X99 and some storage:

p3700 @ RVE X99

2x samsung 850PRO R0 @ RVE X99

Xtreme Member
    Can you post with a single SSD, not the 3700?

RAIDer
    Can you post with a single SSD, not the 3700?
    Stock driver in win 8.1 :p

No new RST installed.

Thessdreview:

http://1-ps.googleusercontent.com/h/...norSgKxkjC.png
    Last edited by Nizzen; 10-06-2014 at 01:02 PM.

Xtreme Member
    To me that 4k should be up in the area of 130MB/s or above if your system is tuned (c-states off/Speedstep/other optimizations)...no?

RAIDer
    To me that 4k should be up in the area of 130MB/s or above if your system is tuned (c-states off/Speedstep/other optimizations)...no?
    Looks like it depends on the OROM and RST used. Some are higher on high QD write, and some are higher on low qd. Who cares anyway. It is fast enough. 110 VS 130 4k rw is imposible to notice

I can try another RST later one day
    Last edited by Nizzen; 10-06-2014 at 01:48 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast