Thread: Platform issue - X99, 2-way SLi and 2D Surround

L-l-look at you, hacker.

Platform issue - X99, 2-way SLi and 2D Surround

Hey folks, just a heads-up that there is a known issue with X99 motherboards, SLi and Surround - at present, Surround cannot be enabled with SLi setups on the X99 platform. nVidia is aware of this issue (see eg. this forum thread I created on the issue, and via emails from nVidia support I've been told the issue has been reported on MSi, Gigabyte and ASRock boards).

A driver fix is apparently incoming, but I'd encourage anyone this issue is affecting to create an nVidia forum account and post your setups, and send in a report as well to give their techs as much info to work with as possible.
    Rig specs
    CPU: i7 5960X Mobo: Asus X99 Deluxe RAM: 4x4GB G.Skill DDR4-2400 CAS-15 VGA: 2x eVGA GTX680 Superclock PSU: Corsair AX1200

Foundational Falsehoods of Creationism

Prettty piss poor support if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by RayW
    Moderator - IP LIMITED
    NVIDIA Technical Support
    Thanks for the feedback. We have received reports of similar issue and currently investigating. We're in the process of trying to replicate the failure in our lab so our development team can take a look. Will update once we know more.
    Bit concerning if a week has past without any update of knowing anything more?

Mean time "fk em, gtx9xx series drivers are more important, lets also think about fixing g-sync with sli some day next year?"

Cynical i know, but frustration after throwing that much coin at merchandise that has a so called certified "SLI" badge on the box. Am i missing something or is the definition of SLI not what i think it should be?
    EVGA sr2 2x x5667 8c/16t total with EVbot (@ 4.3ghz 24/7) | EVbot | 12Gbddr3 2300mhz stock Gskill CL9 |4x gtx480 on h20|4x 128x corsair ssd |6x wd 2tb| 2x Strider 1500watt + 500 watt |2x swiftech XT ultra ,3x quad rads with two loops | mountain mod case||5.1Ghz,best|Laptopell XPS 1730| 4Gb| 2x 9800gtx build log