Thread: Strange Behavoir from FX8320 and Gigabyte GA990-UD7 (Rev 1)

Xtreme Member

Strange Behavoir from FX8320 and Gigabyte GA990-UD7 (Rev 1)

Heya Folks, Currently running an 1090T @4.2 GHZ on water in my GA-990FXA-UD7 Rev 1. Now I have an FX8320 brand new. I've installed it and it will post. I let it autodetect and the moment I try and exit the BIOS it locks up. As a matter of fact as soon as I press F10 to save the settings and the only thing I've changed is the onboard SATA controller to run RAID. Any input at all would be helpful. I've tried running on 1 stick of memory in various slots, tried alot of things. I can only get it to post if I clear the CMOS via the button on the board. Has anyone ever had a bad chip that would still make it through BIOS!?

Bizarre...
    Daily Desktop Custom Built - Modified Data General Server Case

Asus M4A79T Deluxe | 955BE C2 Rev | 4GB OCZ DDR 2000 @ 1600 6 5 6 1T | 4850x2 + 4850 w/MCW60 | CPU on H20 w/ Enzo Sapphire l Custom Built Pump and Res Combo 1/2 Gallon! | 4 Swiftech 320mm Rads with 6 All Aluminum Delta Fans with their own PSU - Finger Loppers - for real!

Literally, CPU&GPUs are almost always at ambient therefore heat ain't limiting sh|t.

Xtreme Member
    Are you changing any thing else in BIOS or letting it start at default ? Also have you updated the bios?
    HTPC : Ryzen, NH D-15, ASUS Crosshir VI Hero
    , 2x8 Team 3000, Asus GTX 980 Strix, Win10 Pro

http://hwbot.org/user/johan45

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Johan45 View Post
    Are you changing any thing else in BIOS or letting it start at default ? Also have you updated the bios?
    Tried latest official and Beta Bios - Loaded optimized defaults after both - no matter what I cannot save BIOS. It just locks up. The clock also once in Windows will not update - time moves but the hour is never saved and it remains on the same hour and the same day forever. For some reason its seems like the BIOS has become ROM instead of EPROM?!?!

Any info at all would be great... I'm lost.
    Daily Desktop Custom Built - Modified Data General Server Case

Asus M4A79T Deluxe | 955BE C2 Rev | 4GB OCZ DDR 2000 @ 1600 6 5 6 1T | 4850x2 + 4850 w/MCW60 | CPU on H20 w/ Enzo Sapphire l Custom Built Pump and Res Combo 1/2 Gallon! | 4 Swiftech 320mm Rads with 6 All Aluminum Delta Fans with their own PSU - Finger Loppers - for real!

Literally, CPU&GPUs are almost always at ambient therefore heat ain't limiting sh|t.