Thread: Looking for an Office Router

Xtreme Enthusiast

Looking for an Office Router

OK guys

I'm looking for a router that will give me real time monitoring of my internet traffic and show me what IP/MAC is using the bandwidth in real time, With the option to limit that user and/or add him to MAC address restriction list temporary.

I'm also looking for it to be able to make a gust network SSID, with restricted intranet access and a limited internet speed /bandwidth.

I also would like it to have AC Gigabit Wireless and of-course gigabit ethernet.

QoS is good.

port blocking/forwarding and triggering, website retraction, OPEN-VPN support, DDns and Wifi MAC address black/white restriction list, are a very important feature to me.

ease of use is welcomed but not very necessary if there is instruction or tutorials some where.

I'm looking around and I found some of the Asus routers witch I like allot (I'm using RT-AC66U) which has most of the futures I mentioned above but lack the specific IP/MAC bandwidth monitoring (It dos have real time monitoring but for over all not specific user).

I also flashed DD-WRT into it played with it for a while, but I couldn't find bandwidth monitoring or limiting. It had QoS but then so dos stock firmware.

So What do you guys suggest? I hear Tomato firmware had it is it any good? stable? and how dos it work on that?

also if there is a hardware enterprise solution that I don't know about, and will make my life easier with a nice GUI, I would love to know about it.

Sorry if my grammar is bad or annoying.

Xtreme Addict
    Depends on how much you have to spend.

I have been playing with Sophos UTM which is free and has a ton of awesome features all of what you need + more. You can also pay if you want support from them. All thats required is you purchasing the hardware.

Pie assassin
    Checkmk can do most of your monitoring for you and its free

Check out meraki for your wap, there are ways of getting it for free from Cisco by watching some videos.
    Current Status - Testing & Research