Thread: NVIDIA's Game24 . . . .sign up

I am Xtreme

NVIDIA's Game24 . . . .sign up

http://game24.nvidia.com/#/info

On 9.18.14 at 6PM PDT, NVIDIA and the PC Gaming industry are kicking off an unprecedented 24-hour event. The goal of this event is simple ? to celebrate this thing we all love called PC gaming. It will be packed with exclusive content, developer interviews, game reveals, give-aways, and more.
    We?ll travel the globe to physical events in Los Angeles, Shanghai, Stockholm, London, and other locations?as well as to virtual stages around the world?to bring you 24 hours of PC gaming entertainment. Tune in to the livestream, join our physical events, and make sure you?re ready to game.
    Tune in September 18th at 6 pm PDT to participate in this PC gaming holiday. Or register below to attend one of the local events in person. And be sure to check back later this week, as we count down the biggest gaming moments leading up to GAME24.
    "Thing is, I no longer consider you a member but, rather a parasite...one that should be expunged."

Xtreme Addict
    http://game24.nvidia.com/sayhellotomaxwell

The link on the page:

has a url of http://game24.nvidia.com/ scheduled for Sep 18th 2014 at night.

Rumor has it $399 GTX 970, $499 GTX 980, availability on the 19th at this point. !

I am Xtreme
    I will be there
    "Thing is, I no longer consider you a member but, rather a parasite...one that should be expunged."

Xtreme Member
    Can you ask for a mousepad for me there?

Also, lol at the Maxwell leaks..

Xtreme Addict
    Hm.... weird sounding forum post on OCN, mentioning "N980OC-5GD" being in a database, which would mean a Gigabyte GTX 980 5gb GDDR5 OC model? That would entail a 320-bit bus... 99.9% fud but it's an odd one to even make up out of left field right now.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    What?

I am Xtreme
    w00t thanks NVIDIA

Xtreme Member
    980 will resale at 650$- Nvidia recommended price,

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by SinOfLiberty View Post
    980 will resale at 650$- Nvidia recommended price,

That would be surprising and very unfortunate. However, given that you have taken to spreading fud instead of contributing generally while marketing, I don't put much stock in what you say as far as pricing right now. I also don't think a $650 price is likely at all seeing how the 780 Ti is being clearanced off at most vendors right now and has been as cheap as $530 + borderlands pre-sequel game bundled in on newegg. I'm expecting $399/499, or at most $419/529, at this point in time.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldenTiger View Post
    That would be surprising and very unfortunate. However, given that you have taken to spreading fud instead of contributing generally while marketing, I don't put much stock in what you say as far as pricing right now. I also don't think a $650 price is likely at all seeing how the 780 Ti is being clearanced off at most vendors right now and has been as cheap as $530 + borderlands pre-sequel game bundled in on newegg. I'm expecting $399/499, or at most $419/529, at this point in time.
    Fud? You mean that joke on H I made about Maxwell card release date. Ok.

Also, what marketing are you talking about? I just said about gtx X80 as everyone else did..

GTX 780 was released at 650$ tag, unless X80 is slower than it, then yea, 500 is right. We are talking about launch price.

Edit: Guess I should have been more clear what is the point behind my posts but with photoshoped tweets and fake pics, it was fun at least.
    Last edited by SinOfLiberty; 09-05-2014 at 08:50 AM.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    How fast will it be? If the 980 were only slightly faster than the 780 and had the same launch price 16 months later, that would be very disappointing.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by boxleitnerb View Post
    How fast will it be? If the 980 were only slightly faster than the 780 and had the same launch price 16 months later, that would be very disappointing.
    who do u ask?

Xtreme Addict
    Still the same problem with the price.., there's the market price, today the 290x ( and 780 ) is at 500$, even if the card is just slighty faster, they will put a little bit higher price on launch and decrease the price when AMD have release their gpu, or when they will release a faster card. But well i have no idea of the perfromance to expect, i could be surprised too on the performance side.
    CPU: - I7 4930K (EK Supremacy )
    GPU: - 2x AMD HD7970 flashed GHZ bios ( EK Acetal Nickel Waterblock H2o)
    Motherboard: Asus x79 Deluxe
    RAM: G-skill Ares C9 2133mhz 16GB
    Main Storage: Samsung 840EVO 500GB / 2x Crucial RealSSD C300 Raid0

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by SinOfLiberty View Post
    Fud? You mean that joke on H I made about Maxwell card release date. Ok.

Also, what marketing are you talking about? I just said about gtx X80 as everyone else did..

GTX 780 was released at 650$ tag, unless X80 is slower than it, then yea, 500 is right. We are talking about launch price.

Edit: Guess I should have been more clear what is the point behind my posts but with photoshoped tweets and fake pics, it was fun at least.

FUD as in the repeated posting of photoshopped pics and even re-posting a months old tweet that was dated in the picture, that you had already posted back when it was new, acting as though it had been posted yet again :p.

Judging by your posts you're either a class A clown or a forum marketer for NVidia. I'm betting the latter, personally, by your posting history here and on H.

GTX 680 was released at $500 price tag and 35% faster than the GTX 580. So yeah, $500 is right for the GTX 980 vs. a much slower GTX 780 .

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanek View Post
    Still the same problem with the price.., there's the market price, today the 290x ( and 780 ) is at 500$, even if the card is just slighty faster, they will put a little bit higher price on launch and decrease the price when AMD have release their gpu, or when they will release a faster card. But well i have no idea of the perfromance to expect, i could be surprised too on the performance side.

No, they won't. The point of new card generations year(s) later is to provide more performance at a similar price range. That's what improvements and tech advances are all about. Even if we went by your theory (which isn't practical in the market), they'd sooner be pulling another GTX 680 vs. Radeon 7970 move (launch 10% cheaper, 5-10% faster, with a better cooler) anyway.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldenTiger View Post
    FUD as in the repeated posting of photoshopped pics and even re-posting a months old tweet that was dated in the picture, that you had already posted back when it was new, acting as though it had been posted yet again :p.

Judging by your posts you're either a class A clown or a forum marketer for NVidia. I'm betting the latter, personally, by your posting history here and on H.

GTX 680 was released at $500 price tag and 35% faster than the GTX 580. So yeah, $500 is right for the GTX 980 vs. a much slower GTX 780 .
    Everyone posted on 880 topic, with what they knew about it, so it means they are all marketers? No. I prefer AMD over NV...

People posted the same old non valid rumors so it was fud too? In a speculation thread? Also, everyone knew the date of the tweet...