Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: ASUS X99 Motherboard Series - Official Support Thread

Xtreme Enthusiast
    And now I'm really chomping at the bit to get my DDR4... Come on Crucial/Newegg...
    Core i7 990x @ 4665MHz 30x155.5 | ASUS Rampage 3 Extreme 1601 Modded BIOS | 24GB (6x4GB) Mushkin Redline 999057 @ 1866MHz 8-8-8-24-1T
    2x MSI N770-2GD5/OC SLI Custom BIOS @ 1228/7464 | Samsung 840 EVO 1TB | 4x 3TB WD Red Raid 5 | Corsair RM1000 | 2x Dell SP2309W 2048x1152
    H2O Cooled | EK - Supreme HF Full Gold - FB RE3 | Swiftech - MCP35x2 - MCRes Micro v2 | HWLabs - 2x GTX 120 - GT Stealth 120
    7x Gentle Typhoon AP-0A 2150RPM | 1x Enermax Magma UC-MA12 1500RPM | Lian Li PC-A10B | 5GHz Gulftown

Xtreme Addict
    nice uncore 5.1G @hiwa. well done. whats max or limit for that chip.
    [FSB<>BCLK]
    3930k@4.3Ghz 1.30v HT On 24/7 Full load Linx stable/Lapped~Strix 6600xt~970evo~Gt110
    R4Gene Modded Bios~Corsair 2x8Gb@2.4Ghz 1.65v C11~AX1200i
    SORRY FOR MY BAD ENGLISH

That's very close to limit, cpu ln2...
    Quote Originally Posted by LardArse View Post
    i think you are asking the wrong person about safety limits, but

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Latest UEFI build 0902 for the Deluxe:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bz2...it?usp=sharing

Will be up on the support site soon.
    ASUS North America Technical Marketing - If you are based outside North America and require technical assistance or have a query please contact ASUS Support for your region.

Rampage IV Extreme tweaking guide

ASUS Z77 UEFI Tuning Guide for overclocking

Maximus 5 Gene OC Guide

Maximus VI Series UEFI OC Guide

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Raja,
    I noticed in the datasheet for these chips, the "Absolute Maximums" does not include a value for vCore, only Vin to the IVR. Do you have any information on where these chips will start seeing near immediate damage to the silicon even with cooling capable of keeping the chip below TjMax?
    I.E. For the Gulftowns it was listed as 1.55v
    Core i7 990x @ 4665MHz 30x155.5 | ASUS Rampage 3 Extreme 1601 Modded BIOS | 24GB (6x4GB) Mushkin Redline 999057 @ 1866MHz 8-8-8-24-1T
    2x MSI N770-2GD5/OC SLI Custom BIOS @ 1228/7464 | Samsung 840 EVO 1TB | 4x 3TB WD Red Raid 5 | Corsair RM1000 | 2x Dell SP2309W 2048x1152
    H2O Cooled | EK - Supreme HF Full Gold - FB RE3 | Swiftech - MCP35x2 - MCRes Micro v2 | HWLabs - 2x GTX 120 - GT Stealth 120
    7x Gentle Typhoon AP-0A 2150RPM | 1x Enermax Magma UC-MA12 1500RPM | Lian Li PC-A10B | 5GHz Gulftown

Raja, any newer BIOS for X99-A? I will do some video tomorow, but at webpage is only 1st relase BIOS...
    ROG Power PCs - Intel and AMD
    CPUs:i9-7900X, i9-9900K, i7-6950X, i7-5960X, i7-8086K, i7-8700K, 4x i7-7700K, i3-7350K, 2x i7-6700K, i5-6600K, R7-2700X, 4x R5 2600X, R5 2400G, R3 1200, R7-1800X, R7-1700X, 3x AMD FX-9590, 1x AMD FX-9370, 4x AMD FX-8350,1x AMD FX-8320,1x AMD FX-8300, 2x AMD FX-6300,2x AMD FX-4300, 3x AMD FX-8150, 2x AMD FX-8120 125 and 95W, AMD X2 555 BE, AMD x4 965 BE C2 and C3, AMD X4 970 BE, AMD x4 975 BE, AMD x4 980 BE, AMD X6 1090T BE, AMD X6 1100T BE, A10-7870K, Athlon 845, Athlon 860K,AMD A10-7850K, AMD A10-6800K, A8-6600K, 2x AMD A10-5800K, AMD A10-5600K, AMD A8-3850, AMD A8-3870K, 2x AMD A64 3000+, AMD 64+ X2 4600+ EE, Intel i7-980X, Intel i7-2600K, Intel i7-3770K,2x i7-4770K, Intel i7-3930KAMD Cinebench R10 challenge AMD Cinebench R15 thread Intel Cinebench R15 thread

Crunching For The Points! NKrader's Avatar
    here I am STILL waiting for rampage V Gene..

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by NKrader View Post
    here I am STILL waiting for rampage V Gene..

There is no Rampage V Gene planned.
    ASUS North America Technical Marketing - If you are based outside North America and require technical assistance or have a query please contact ASUS Support for your region.

Maximus 5 Gene OC Guide

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by zoson View Post
    Raja,
    I noticed in the datasheet for these chips, the "Absolute Maximums" does not include a value for vCore, only Vin to the IVR. Do you have any information on where these chips will start seeing near immediate damage to the silicon even with cooling capable of keeping the chip below TjMax?
    I.E. For the Gulftowns it was listed as 1.55v
    If you are overclocking the absolute max ratings are invalidated (the max numbers in the datasheets are based on stcok freq and TDP ONLY) - so I would go by common sense.

Maximus 5 Gene OC Guide

Xtreme Memory Hoarder
    20L goes quick benching this platform

R11.5

R15

lots of XTU

slow mode trickery

and a quickie maxmem

and my favorite game

4G

5G

3200 half pi king here
    Quote Originally Posted by Hondacity View Post
    gskillllin it!

which version of XTU are you using George?
    Quote Originally Posted by chuchnit View Post
    Why do you always have to bring two sockets into everything?
    Quote Originally Posted by Movieman View Post
    Because a one socket system is only 1/2 a system..
    You got two balls don't you?
    I rest my case!

http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Xtreme Memory Hoarder
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunslinger View Post
    which version of XTU are you using George?
    Whatever the newest one on the Intel site is Mike.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Sea...ng&keyword=xtu

I have a very nice run at 5Ghz, much better than the rest and no slow mode trickery

5Ghz XTU challenge? I am sure even the most potato cpu's can do 5Ghz on cold so should be a great way to find what ic is the best and learn how to tune them properly.

gskillllin it!

Quote Originally Posted by l0ud_sil3nc3 View Post

5Ghz XTU challenge? I am sure even the most potato cpu's can do 5Ghz on cold so should be a great way to find what ic is the best and learn how to tune them properly.
    That sounds like a great idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by chuchnit View Post
    Why do you always have to bring two sockets into everything?
    Quote Originally Posted by Movieman View Post
    Because a one socket system is only 1/2 a system..
    You got two balls don't you?
    I rest my case!

http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Crunching For The Points! NKrader's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Raja@ASUS View Post
    There is no Rampage V Gene planned.
    Okay, then hopefully Asus comes to senses before Feb/Mar when I get a board. altho that ASrock board is pretty much a clone of everything I loved about my RIVG with all the new stuff (and a chance at better than a joke of warranty dept, Asus)

that is funny to me, that asus is one of the bigger brands in motherboards (if not the biggest) yet on release day ASrock and even EVGA (who is a tiny board company) released ATX and MAtx. For once the only good thing about asus boards is gone (best of every platform)

is there a reason you guys decided to release 1/2 the products as everyone else?
    Last edited by NKrader; 09-18-2014 at 01:01 PM.

Xtreme Enthusiast

Question RVE and Xonar Essence STX ???

Have ordered an Asus Rampage V Extreme and 5960 X and been reading my current Asus Xonar Essence STX wont work on the board? Only other card I'll be using is a single EVGA GTX 780 SC, do not want to use onboard sound, so are there any workaround for the Xonar Essence STX on this board or can anyone recommend a high end sound card that will work on the board?

Thanks.

L-l-look at you, hacker.
    Quote Originally Posted by M31 View Post
    Have ordered an Asus Rampage V Extreme and 5960 X and been reading my current Asus Xonar Essence STX wont work on the board? Only other card I'll be using is a single EVGA GTX 780 SC, do not want to use onboard sound, so are there any workaround for the Xonar Essence STX on this board or can anyone recommend a high end sound card that will work on the board?

Thanks.
    I don't see any reason why it wouldn't, the Rampage V has plenty of PCIe slots. Where are you seeing that it's not compatible?
    Rig specs
    CPU: i7 5960X Mobo: Asus X99 Deluxe RAM: 4x4GB G.Skill DDR4-2400 CAS-15 VGA: 2x eVGA GTX680 Superclock PSU: Corsair AX1200

Foundational Falsehoods of Creationism

Xtreme Enthusiast

Question

Quote Originally Posted by SoulsCollective View Post
    I don't see any reason why it wouldn't, the Rampage V has plenty of PCIe slots. Where are you seeing that it's not compatible?
    Hi, its been reported on Overclockers.co.uk forums as well as Overclock.net, Raja an Asus rep seems to acknowledge the problem too but I've seen no definitive answer yet, a guy on the overclockers.co.uk site mentioned too he has problems with a creative labs card. This is with disabling onboard sound in all cases, and with just one graphic card used.

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Hi, its been reported on Overclockers.co.uk forums as well as Overclock.net, Raja an Asus rep seems to acknowledge the problem too but I've seen no definitive answer yet, a guy on the overclockers.co.uk site mentioned too he has problems with a creative labs card. This is with disabling onboard sound in all cases, and with just one graphic card used.
    I acknowledged that it is working fine on my rig here and two others we have tested.

Maximus 5 Gene OC Guide

Xtreme Enthusiast

Question

I acknowledged that it is working fine on my rig here and two others we have tested.
    Hi Raja, bit confused, I'm sure you suggested fix's? I'll need to go look up the threads again!

I hope Mine works when my Rampage V Extreme arrives, will be bitterly disappointed if it does not.

Thanks for the reply

Cheers.

Xtreme Addict
    Hi Raja, bit confused, I'm sure you suggested fix's? I'll need to go look up the threads again!

I hope Mine works when my Rampage V Extreme arrives, will be bitterly disappointed if it does not.

Thanks for the reply

Cheers.
    Hello

Raja did not need to do any fix. The sound work fine once the card was installed. He also tested with SLI and found no issues with the sound.

Xtreme Enthusiast

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Praz View Post
    Hello

Raja did not need to do any fix. The sound work fine once the card was installed. He also tested with SLI and found no issues with the sound.
    I dont doubt that, not calling him a liar, hope you never thought so? but there are a few examples of users who bought the board on day one having problems and Raja did suggest fix's, perhaps it was newer BIOS's, I'll really need to go dig the threads out again.

Its a big upgrade for me and a lot of money going out, cannot fault my Xonar Essence STX's sound after trying a fair few sound cards and would hate not to be able to use it on my dream build next week, just anxious is all

Raja, if you are reading, could you advise what BIOS version you are using please on the Ramapage V Extreme with the Asus Xonar Essence STX. I'll be using Win 7 64 bit Ultimate and latest official Asus Xonar driver.

Thanks again

Xtreme X.I.P.
    I dont doubt that, not calling him a liar, hope you never thought so? but there are a few examples of users who bought the board on day one having problems and Raja did suggest fix's, perhaps it was newer BIOS's, I'll really need to go dig the threads out again.

Its a big upgrade for me and a lot of money going out, cannot fault my Xonar Essence STX's sound after trying a fair few sound cards and would hate not to be able to use it on my dream build next week, just anxious is all

Raja, if you are reading, could you advise what BIOS version you are using please on the Ramapage V Extreme with the Asus Xonar Essence STX. I'll be using Win 7 64 bit Ultimate and latest official Asus Xonar driver.

Thanks again

We have not been able to replicate the issue thus far - UEFI 0603 is what most users were complaining about. We tested it, no issues. I have not suggested any fixes or workarounds to users. For me it's plug and go so far.

The only thing I don't have is the same GPUs as some people. So I do not know yet if that is their issue.

Maximus 5 Gene OC Guide

Xtreme Enthusiast

Thumbs up

We have not been able to replicate the issue thus far - UEFI 0603 is what most users were complaining about. We tested it, no issues. I have not suggested any fixes or workarounds to users. For me it's plug and go so far.

The only thing I don't have is the same GPUs as some people. So I do not know yet if that is their issue.
    Thanks for the reassurance Raja.

I'm sure it will be fine.

Cheers.

I like 0603, my best results are on this bios but I am on 0002 now.

The OC socket is the win!
    Intel 9990XE @ 5.1Ghz
    ASUS Rampage VI Extreme Omega
    GTX 2080 ti Galax Hall of Fame
    64GB Galax Hall of Fame
    Intel Optane
    Platimax 1245W

Intel 3175X
    Asus Dominus Extreme
    GRX 1080ti Galax Hall of Fame
    96GB Patriot Steel
    Intel Optane 900P RAID

Xtreme Memory Hoarder
    OC Socket ftw indeed Charles

Retry for max uncore on cold, all air cooled for the above.
    gskillllin it!

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast