Thread: GIGABYTE X99-SOC Force and X99-UD7 WiFi Preview

Champion

GIGABYTE X99-SOC Force and X99-UD7 WiFi Preview

Goood morning hardware fans!!! The sun is shining in the sky, the birds are singing, and as the end of summer comes upon us, so does the launch of Intel?s Haswell-E behemoth. And you know what that means, right? A whole new army of motherboards for the eager tech aficionado, tens of models to choose from, dozens of new features and colors, hundreds of marketing claims and overall a whole bunch of questions regarding the new X99 platform, DDR4 and Core i7 5960X.

Well, today I will not answer these questions. No sir, you will still have to wait a few days more until you can see Haswell-E and DDR4 at work. However, until then I can still show you two new motherboards from GIGABYTE, namely GIGABYTE X99-SOC Force and GIGABYTE X99-UD7 WiFi. Interested? I bet you are?

GIGABYTE X99-SOC Force and X99-UD7 WiFi Preview

Weissbier - breakfast of champions

So far the SOC Force board is the best looking one but I wish they added more features, such as dual LAN and another USB 3.0 header would have been nice, but I guess this board isn't meant to be installed in a case for consumer use. Still waiting for pictures on their other X99 boards, I'm interested in the UD5.
    AMD Threadripper 12 core 1920x CPU OC at 4Ghz | ASUS ROG Zenith Extreme X399 motherboard | 32GB G.Skill Trident RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 RAM | Gigabyte 11GB GTX 1080 Ti Aorus Xtreme GPU | SilverStone Strider Platinum 1000W Power Supply | Crucial 1050GB MX300 SSD | 4TB Western Digital HDD | 60" Samsung JU7000 4K UHD TV at 3840x2160

Champion
    We're gonna give some attention soon to the G1 also, but the UD5 I have not received yet.

PI in the face
    where is the 4 DIMM Force LN2 Board!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by L0ud View Post
    So many opinions and so few screenshots

Champion
    Not here

PI in the face
    South bridge cooler looks great!
    Quote Originally Posted by L0ud View Post
    So many opinions and so few screenshots