Hey guys,

Long time eh?

I'm running this setup nowadays in FLOW:

CPU: PII 955 BE @3.8
Mobo: Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 Rev 1.1
Gfx: HD6850
PSU: HX850
Cooling: Dual DDC's in series - EK 3x140mm rad - Thermochill 2x120 rad - EK Supreme HF (only CPU in loop because I bought a low power consumption gfx that had no FC WB support)
Storage: Corsair P120 SSD (OLDDDD)

I just bought the hardware below to refresh my experience

CPU: FX-8350
SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 256gb

I've browsed around a bit on what kind of things I should do with my OC... I have a very overkill cooling system that can handle massive heat from the CPU but some here said that I need to cool my VRM's first and foremost. It would be a no brainer to expand my cooling loop if it's necessary.

Anyway, just looking for some general advice... what can I do with my cooling loop to add the VRMs? AMD is not well supported by the WC community if my memory serves correctly.

WC Notes:

- I have run my dual DDC's with EK X-top V2s for 5 years straight now. No failures.
- I have run my loop with just distilled and a drop of biocide for 3 years straight without cleaning. I will take pics of the CPU block and loop when I clean this weekend. As far as I can tell its supa clean
- The waterfall res from FLOW bit the dust like 3-4 years ago. One of the seams started leaking. I threw it off the second story onto pavement and much fun was had.
- I now have a Thermochill 2 x 120 rad in the 5.25" bays now with a tube res mounted to it on the inside of the case.
- I switched to 6850's for power savings since the 4890's were hogs, great decision.
- Tubes are green now... sad day no more blue flow beauty.
- The state of this forum is sad compared to the old days... but I guess that's what happens when WC is no longer needed for overclocking.

Thanks in advance,

- Ian