Thread: Best setup for 900D case

Xtreme Member

Best setup for 900D case

Trying to water cool a 3930k and 3 or 4 290x (still trying to decide) and i want to overclock them a bit so since im spending the money i want to do it right from the beginning so im looking for the BEST setup for this case...

Based on the latest reviews of the XSPC RX V3 it seems to perform better than the UT60 thats why i picked... This is based on a bit of research and answers from other forums...

1 XSPC RX480 Quad Fan Radiator V3 Top PUSH/PULL
    1 XSPC RX480 Quad Fan Radiator V3 Bottom (non psu side) PUSH/PULL
    1 XSPC EX240 Multiport Dual Fan Radiator (psu side) PUSH/PULL Only 240 so i can fit the pump between it and the psu
    1 XSPC EX240 Multiport Dual Fan Radiator PUSH/PULL (front not sure if it fits)

Xtreme Member
    Just know that you won't be able to use the two top device bays in the case by placing a 480 rad on top.
    This may or may not affect you but I was somewhat annoyed that I couldn't install my favourite fan controller at the top of the peripheral bay as I had it in my last setup. But instead, had to install it two bays lower along with my CD/DVD burner.
    I was also disappointed to find that the front could not accommodate my triple 120 rad also(too long) which was a real bummer as this meant using a top mount, which doesn't seem ideal in terms of temps though I have yet to figure out why...

Aside from that you should also check clearance with your rad and push pull fan clearance against the power supply as some Rads & PSU's will clash. Beyond that, there's also the RAD outlet clearance which can interfere with certain components(cages) with some setups. Which caused me to rethink my entire build/setup.

All in all the 900D was a pleasant experience, though I may actually upgrade(yet again) to a larger case as I wasn't able to realize my vision of what the ultimate setup would be this round. (closer than before, though not quite)
    Last edited by Smalltimer; 11-06-2014 at 03:02 AM.
    Step aside, and you won't have to feel the awesome wrath of my mustache!