Thread: Project Oceanus

Threaded View

Xtreme Member

Project Oceanus

Hello to all Xtremesystems users,today im here to present to you my most recent watercooling project. First the choice of the case was a personal choice,due to the case having lots of modding potencial and pf course of the dimension of it also helped ,it also alowed the instalation of a different radiator setup, that?s rigth im going to use four radiators in this project,im glad the case has wheels or it wouldnt move.

The case choosen for the project is a Phobya WaCoolT UltraBig case,the case is basicly a beast,and it?s very easy to work with due to the screws system.

The name of the project is due to the massive amount of water it will have in the watercooling system.

Oceanus (/oʊˈsiːənəs/; Greek: Ὠκεανός Ōkean?s pronounced [ɔːkean?s]) was a pseudo-geographical feature in classical antiquity, believed by the ancient Greeks and Romans to be the divine personification of the World Ocean, an enormous river encircling the world.

Strictly speaking, Oceanus was the ocean-stream at the Equator in which floated the habitable hemisphere (οἰκουμένη, oikoumene).[3] In Greek mythology, this world-ocean was personified as a Titan, a son of Uranus and Gaea. In Hellenistic and Roman mosaics, this Titan was often depicted as having the upper body of a muscular man with a long beard and horns (often represented as the claws of a crab) and the lower body of a serpent (cf. Typhon). On a fragmentary archaic vessel of circa 580 BC (British Museum 1971.11-1.1), among the gods arriving at the wedding of Peleus and the sea-nymph Thetis, is a fish-tailed Oceanus, with a fish in one hand and a serpent in the other, gifts of bounty and prophecy. In Roman mosaics, such as that from Bardo he might carry a steering-oar and cradle a ship.

Some scholars believe that Oceanus originally represented all bodies of salt water, including the Mediterranean Sea and the Atlantic Ocean, the two largest bodies known to the ancient Greeks. However, as geography became more accurate, Oceanus came to represent the stranger, more unknown waters of the Atlantic Ocean (also called the "Ocean Sea"), while the newcomer of a later generation, Poseidon, ruled over the Mediterranean.

Hardware: Will be revelaed later.

Watercooling: The list is a little big but i will post it here later as well.

Now the part that you like of course...the PHOTOS:rock:

Unboxing of the case:

[

As i said previously it has lots of space to work with and for all the hardware i want to use in it.

Watercooling :

Just a little preview of some of the watercooling material and cabling i will use in the project,still missing a few details on the material as well,for it to be perfect and to route the watercooling loops as i desire:thumb:

Now the most important,the sexy case photos :

Just look how small the mini-itx motherboard looks inside the case hahaha,and of course i think i migth rent some space of the case as a hostel if anyone is interested in speding some holidays in Portugal just ring me:thumb:

The Oceanus project wouldnt be possible withouth the help of Aquatuning.de,many thanks to them,if you look for watercooling material for a build dont hesitate to drop by at their website!!

Supported by:

Regarding the case you can expect a facelift,start to the case paint,altougth i love black,i must change the color of it,the case is now at the paint shop:thumb:
    Last edited by Raiden; 08-18-2014 at 10:44 AM.