Thread: Phobya Xtreme 400 Rad (Version 2) Need HELP with Flow Pattern

Phobya Xtreme 400 Rad (Version 2) Need HELP with Flow Pattern

Hey everyone, I recently purchased the Phobya Xtreme 400 Rad (Version 2) which is in my Worklog.

Does anyone know what the flow pattern is through the radiator?

I'm worried that if I hook it up with both in and out on the 6 port end (vs the 1 port only end) the coolant won't be flowing through the radiator.

The 13th, 14th and 15th pictures show what I think the three possibilities are.

Thanks!!

Got this response directly from Phobya today. However there is potentially a language barrier (This might be google-translated). So I've sent the third picture to them for 100% confirmation.

"the fluid must go in in one side, and will come out on the other side. There are two small rooms inside from the radiator, which are separate, only behind this both rooms comes together."

Edit: Also asked Joe over at Frozencpu (VERY helpful), he confirmed 100% that it's basically 3 in, 3 out (each side) and the port at the other end is basically just a fill/drain port. Thanks Joe!
    Last edited by sybrsean; 08-13-2014 at 09:57 AM.

Xtreme X.I.P.
    If you wanted to check youself, shine a flashlight down all ports and you'll see light at the ones which are shared. Alphacool does typically have one end with 6 ports, 3 on one side are in and 3 on the opposite side are out. Direction doesn't matter and the single port on the bottom is for bleeding only.

The core has multiple rows and flow is down one side back up the other (2 pass).

The only rads out that are different are the HWlabs radiators. Their GTX is still 2 pass but flow is front to back rather than side to side. They also have some "x-flow" rads which are single pass in at the top and through all tubes and out at the bottom.

Anyhow, you got it just FYI.