Thread: LGA2011-3 mounting holes (Wellsburg/X99)

L-l-look at you, hacker.

LGA2011-3 mounting holes (Wellsburg/X99)

Hey folks
    Wondering if anyone has any word on the mounting holes of the new LGA2011 refresh - from what I've seen the physical dimensions of the socket remain the same with a reworked pin layout. I'm hoping this means that the mounting holes are going to remain the same as well (would be nice to be able to reuse waterblocks).
    Thanks!
    Rig specs
    CPU: i7 5960X Mobo: Asus X99 Deluxe RAM: 4x4GB G.Skill DDR4-2400 CAS-15 VGA: 2x eVGA GTX680 Superclock PSU: Corsair AX1200

Foundational Falsehoods of Creationism

Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulsCollective View Post
    Hey folks
    Wondering if anyone has any word on the mounting holes of the new LGA2011 refresh - from what I've seen the physical dimensions of the socket remain the same with a reworked pin layout. I'm hoping this means that the mounting holes are going to remain the same as well (would be nice to be able to reuse waterblocks).
    Thanks!
    X99 OC Formula has mounting hole ....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

L-l-look at you, hacker.
    Quote Originally Posted by nickshih View Post
    X99 OC Formula has mounting hole ....
    Um...thanks for the reply, but I'm not exactly sure what you're saying there. All motherboards will have mounting holes the question is whether the LGA2011-3 socket on X99 will have the mounting holes in the same position as X79.
    Rig specs
    CPU: i7 5960X Mobo: Asus X99 Deluxe RAM: 4x4GB G.Skill DDR4-2400 CAS-15 VGA: 2x eVGA GTX680 Superclock PSU: Corsair AX1200

Crunching For The Points! NKrader's Avatar
    Um...thanks for the reply, but I'm not exactly sure what you're saying there. All motherboards will have mounting holes the question is whether the LGA2011-3 socket on X99 will have the mounting holes in the same position as X79.
    The socket will be exactly the same, just the pinout will be different

L-l-look at you, hacker.
    Quote Originally Posted by NKrader View Post
    The socket will be exactly the same, just the pinout will be different
    Yeah, as per the OP, I know the pinout will differ but I haven't been able to find anything definitive on the position of the mounting holes. Would be great if they remained the same - do you have a source on that?
    Rig specs

visit noctua site as they are offering free upgrades to the owners of old non 2011 coolers, just ask them, but it is the same i think

Crunching For The Points! NKrader's Avatar
    Yeah, as per the OP, I know the pinout will differ but I haven't been able to find anything definitive on the position of the mounting holes. Would be great if they remained the same - do you have a source on that?
    I've seen it listed multiple places, heatsink will be the same. They have said EVERYTHING about 2011-3 will be the same, other than the pinout

all outta gum
    Dimensions are the same and socket holes have the same thread as old LGA2011. Some boards might not have holes in PCB, with threaded holes being attached to top part of loading mechanism. Assembled CPU + socket is a tiny bit higher than Ivy-E or Sandy-E, but all mounting mechanisms should work fine, just with less play.
    www.teampclab.pl
    MOA 2009 Poland #2, AMD Black Ops 2010, MOA 2011 Poland #1, MOA 2011 EMEA #12

Test bench: empty