Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 340.52 out, Phys-X disabled if you have other non-nV adapter or if not a GF 800 card

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulsCollective View Post
    nVidia's response on this issue is that GFE is supposed to 'crowd-source' the optimum settings for all detected games, and thus as non-1080 resolutions are not common GFE is not suited for such setups.

Basically, 'not our problem, deal with it'.
    Huh... I would think they would filter by resolution and then your GPU and then find optimized settings.
    The way they currently have it just sounds lazy.
    Originally Posted by motown_steve
    Every genocide that was committed during the 20th century has been preceded by the disarmament of the target population. Once the government outlaws your guns your life becomes a luxury afforded to you by the state. You become a tool to benefit the state. Should you cease to benefit the state or even worse become an annoyance or even a hindrance to the state then your life becomes more trouble than it is worth.

Once the government outlaws your guns your life is forfeit. You're already dead, it's just a question of when they are going to get around to you.

Xtreme Addict
    My next card will be AMD.

What's the poing in paying extra for exclusive features if Nvidia is going to disable them at will?

Xtremely Kool
    Quote Originally Posted by iiiankiii View Post
    It's disabled if you have an AMD GPU present, regardless. I have a hybrid system and it doesn't work.
    Quote Originally Posted by tollingalong View Post
    This is what I was worried about.

My inquiry was if I have an iGPU will that affect PhysX on my Nvidia dGPU. From what I'm seeing if you have ANY Radeon drivers on your system weather it's iGPU or dGPU, PhysX is disabled. From what I can see it's working fine on my Intel iGPU+Nvidia dGPU solutions but not iGPU Radeon + dGPU Nvidia. If this was a QA or technical problem it wouldn't work on either AMD or Intel iGPU but it seems to work on Intel ONLY. I don't know about older drivers but this seems to happen with the newest drivers right now.
    PhysX isn't going to sway my decision in being a new card but I'm really started to get disappointed with both companies.

http://forums.anandtech.com/showthre...2393696&page=2

Xtreme Addict
    Reading this thread was so much make me think to what i read on other forums:

Allways the same discussion non sense about PhysX on AMD gpu's .... Just have to look at Gamework today for understand what will be the problem for AMD to get any optimisation of PhysX for their gpu lol . Nice AMD will get PhysX, full of bug, without CFX working ( or dedicated second gpu working ),
    impossible to work on a driver for it for end with games who run at 50fps slower than any Nvidia gpu's ..... Do they really think AMD want to see Nvidia sold more gpu's ?
    Last edited by Lanek; 08-06-2014 at 02:26 PM.
    CPU: - I7 4930K (EK Supremacy )
    GPU: - 2x AMD HD7970 flashed GHZ bios ( EK Acetal Nickel Waterblock H2o)
    Motherboard: Asus x79 Deluxe
    RAM: G-skill Ares C9 2133mhz 16GB
    Main Storage: Samsung 840EVO 500GB / 2x Crucial RealSSD C300 Raid0

Xtreme Guru
    Honestly is PhysX even that big of a deal? I remember that even when it came out for the geforce 8 series people were mildly amused, but not altogether impressed.

Once the 20nm maxwell GPUs finally come out I'll probably care a lot more about the drivers, but frankly I don't think it'll make a difference. I myself went the ebay route and snagged a 280x (never used for bitcoin) for $165 and couldn't be happier.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hans de Vries View Post

JF-AMD posting: IPC increases!!!!!!! How many times did I tell you!!!

terrace215 post: IPC decreases, The more I post the more it decreases.
    .....}
    until (interrupt by Movieman)

Regards, Hans

Xtreme Addict
    I can no longer play some games (ME3) since moving from a GTX 660Ti to a Radeon R9 280X - I get an error message saying "PhysX not installed" or some such. Is this the limitation being discussed here, or do I have a separate issue?

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by twwen2 View Post
    I can no longer play some games (ME3) since moving from a GTX 660Ti to a Radeon R9 280X - I get an error message saying "PhysX not installed" or some such. Is this the limitation being discussed here, or do I have a separate issue?
    You mean Mass Effect 3 ? If so .. it dont use PhysX ..

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanek View Post
    You mean Mass Effect 3 ? If so .. it dont use PhysX ..
    Yep, Mass Effect 3. That's what it tells me when I try to launch the game from Origin!?

Xtreme Mentor
    i think it is a driver conflict. try to use a driver cleaner. if it doesn't solve then a clean install may require.

When i'm being paid i always do my job through.

Xtreme Addict
    Yep, Mass Effect 3. That's what it tells me when I try to launch the game from Origin!?
    Like say Komosto, could be driver conflict... clean all Nvidia driver, including PhysX, check registry and try see too if by a good hasard you have not done a profile with Nvidia driver or applied one before for ME3.. Could be too the games profiles / setting who have keep that you have an Nvidia GPU's and it check for the driver ( and end with missing it )....

Clean the profile of the game / setting of it ( keep your save if you want before ofc ).... ( i dont know why it will check for PhysX, but well ).

( I dont know, but maybe if the game use Apex ( PhysX CPU ), the point is maybe just to reinstall the game and see if it reinstall the Physx files needed, but anyway im pretty sure it dont use APex or PhysX )

Xtreme Addict
    Did a fresh install of Windows 8.1 - seems to have fixed most of my problems.

Xtreme Addict
    Did a fresh install of Windows 8.1 - seems to have fixed most of my problems.
    Offtly it is better to just do a complete fresh install ( and please without using backup who will come back with corrupted and same problems like i see it so much ) .... at least you can then remove the software / OS problem.

I am Xtreme
    soooo can CUDA/GPGPU still be used?
    I'm planning on having a nv card & AMD card, to test/use GPGPU stuff
    DNA = Design Not Accident
    DNA = Darwin Not Accurate

heatware / ebay
    HARDWARE I only own Xeons, Extreme Editions & Lian Li's
    https://prism-break.org/

c[_]
    Yes, I think.. but honestly i'm going back to the 337.91 drivers because i'm tired of my display diver resetting every 30 minutes to 4 hours. The 340 series (WHQL or not) with 750 Ti is just useless.

All along the watchtower the watchmen watch the eternal return.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12