Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 340.52 out, Phys-X disabled if you have other non-nV adapter or if not a GF 800 card

c[_]

340.52 out, Phys-X disabled if you have other non-nV adapter or if not a GF 800 card

http://us.download.nvidia.com/Window...ease-notes.pdf

Chapter 1 page 3.

Really, nV... really??

I dont have anything around to test with at the moment so I cant verify..

All along the watchtower the watchmen watch the eternal return.

L-l-look at you, hacker.
    Don't have a non nVidia GPU at present so can't test either, but I'm also annoyed at "SLi profile available via GeForce Experience" - why do I have to install your clunky app just to have access to something that should be included in the driver release? Not impressed, nVidia.
    Rig specs
    CPU: i7 5960X Mobo: Asus X99 Deluxe RAM: 4x4GB G.Skill DDR4-2400 CAS-15 VGA: 2x eVGA GTX680 Superclock PSU: Corsair AX1200

Foundational Falsehoods of Creationism

Just tried out this driver, had the exact same bugs with the last BETA driver, I mean seriously NVIDIA? Even the last WHQL driver worked perfectly than this one.
    AMD Threadripper 12 core 1920x CPU OC at 4Ghz | ASUS ROG Zenith Extreme X399 motherboard | 32GB G.Skill Trident RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 RAM | Gigabyte 11GB GTX 1080 Ti Aorus Xtreme GPU | SilverStone Strider Platinum 1000W Power Supply | Crucial 1050GB MX300 SSD | 4TB Western Digital HDD | 60" Samsung JU7000 4K UHD TV at 3840x2160

c[_]
    Souls - Hadn't noticed that, major fail.

L-l-look at you, hacker.
    Am conversing with an nVidia rep here on the GeForce Experience/SLi profiles issue. From response so far it seems like GFE will be used to 'hotfix' deliver SLi profiles in between driver releases and profiles will continue to be rolled into driver packages as per usual.
    Rig specs
    CPU: i7 5960X Mobo: Asus X99 Deluxe RAM: 4x4GB G.Skill DDR4-2400 CAS-15 VGA: 2x eVGA GTX680 Superclock PSU: Corsair AX1200

c[_]
    Why dont nV and AMD just have a profile updater in the control panel application that can grab the latest game profiles on demand? .. Both of their gaming programs are just basically bloated crap as far as i've experienced so far. Only thing I find mildly useful is the recording software.

L-l-look at you, hacker.
    Tell me about it; GFE wants to 'optimise' my games by dropping everything from 5760x1080 to 1920x1080. Um...no thanks, no, I think I like playing things in surround. Not to mention it only supports ten of the 300+ titles I have on Steam alone, and takes up a fair whack of background resources to run.
    Rig specs

Quote Originally Posted by STEvil View Post
    http://us.download.nvidia.com/Window...ease-notes.pdf

Chapter 1 page 3.

Really, nV... really??

I dont have anything around to test with at the moment so I cant verify..
    Pretty sure they mean the old 8000-series, works fine for me on GTX780

Xtreme Addict
    Did you actually read the release notes? Don't you know what an 8 series card is?

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/GeForce_8_series
    Last edited by Tim; 07-30-2014 at 08:33 AM.

Intel Core i7-3770K
    ASUS P8Z77-I DELUXE
    EVGA GTX 970 SC
    Corsair 16GB (2x8GB) Vengeance LP 1600
    Corsair H80
    120GB Samsung 840 EVO, 500GB WD Scorpio Blue, 1TB Samsung Spinpoint F3
    Corsair RM650
    Cooler Master Elite 120 Advanced
    OC: 5Ghz | +0.185 offset : 1.352v

Xtreme Addict
    About the "non Nvidia "graphics detected in the system thing.. It was allready the case no before ? The new thing its written now in the release note.

I think we have discover this some year ago when Hybrid PhysX was becoming impossible to do due to the update, if it was no more work with a AMD GPU on main render graphics, the invert was too the same ( impossible to get it working if you have an AMD GPU on second, three gpu's,
    including on professional system with gpu for video ouput encoding ).

They was problem with APU and Intel IGP before ( it is even adverted on different PhysX forum to disable completely the IGP in bios ). Even if i think it is fixed. The question now is to see if this cause new trouble.
    Last edited by Lanek; 07-30-2014 at 04:41 AM.
    CPU: - I7 4930K (EK Supremacy )
    GPU: - 2x AMD HD7970 flashed GHZ bios ( EK Acetal Nickel Waterblock H2o)
    Motherboard: Asus x79 Deluxe
    RAM: G-skill Ares C9 2133mhz 16GB
    Main Storage: Samsung 840EVO 500GB / 2x Crucial RealSSD C300 Raid0

Xtreme Addict
    Guess Nvidia wants us to buy a Nvidia APU only.
    Well I won't be buying Nvidia again if I can help it.
    Originally Posted by motown_steve
    Every genocide that was committed during the 20th century has been preceded by the disarmament of the target population. Once the government outlaws your guns your life becomes a luxury afforded to you by the state. You become a tool to benefit the state. Should you cease to benefit the state or even worse become an annoyance or even a hindrance to the state then your life becomes more trouble than it is worth.

Once the government outlaws your guns your life is forfeit. You're already dead, it's just a question of when they are going to get around to you.

Xtreme Mentor
    major fail.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    Did you actually read the release notes? Don't you know what an 8 series card is?

Xtreme Cruncher
    So how is this going to work for the millions of PCs out there with the newer Intel i-series CPUs that have integrated GPUs?
    Fold for XS!
    You know you want to

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by [XC] Lead Head View Post
    So how is this going to work for the millions of PCs out there with the newer Intel i-series CPUs that have integrated GPUs?
    This is not a technical requirement for physx to work just a caprice from nvidia so i believe it only searches for AMD graphic cars for not working...

When i'm being paid i always do my job through.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by [XC] Lead Head View Post

If the workaround is still the same, you need to disable the IGP in bios... not sure for the AMD APU anyway.
    CPU: - I7 4930K (EK Supremacy )
    GPU: - 2x AMD HD7970 flashed GHZ bios ( EK Acetal Nickel Waterblock H2o)
    Motherboard: Asus x79 Deluxe
    RAM: G-skill Ares C9 2133mhz 16GB
    Main Storage: Samsung 840EVO 500GB / 2x Crucial RealSSD C300 Raid0

Xtreme Member
    NVIDIA GPU PhysX acceleration is available only on systems with GeForce 8-series
    and later GPUs with a minimum of 256 MB dedicated graphics memory.
    This has been the basic requirement for the HW accelerated PhysX run-time ever since Nvidia ported the code for CUDA six years ago.

c[_]

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/GeForce_8_series

Strange, thought I had seen "800" as the listed series. Maybe I misread. My bad then.

Nvidia is just butthurt that people dare use a competitor's card for the primary.

I saw that "nvidia experience" on another PC... a basic workstation with a low-end card no less. Disabled that nonsense.
    The Cardboard Master
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    Intel Core i7 2600k @ 4.5GHz, 16GB DDR3-1600, Radeon 7950 @ 1000/1250, Win 10 Pro x64

Xtreme Addict
    I can understand the SLI profile dilemma, but most of us here have got monster rigs compared to average PCs, I'm sure they can handle a bit of Geforce Experience. I got it installed, never bothers me, now and then lets me know there is a new driver. Great because I go through most of the year forgetting about downloading the latest drivers.

Besides the whole PhysX things is beaten to death about a million times now.
    I think we all know how we feel about it whether we like it or not. It's nVidia PhysX, their decision what to do with it.
    Last edited by Tim; 07-31-2014 at 03:01 PM.

Intel Core i7-3770K
    ASUS P8Z77-I DELUXE
    EVGA GTX 970 SC
    Corsair H80
    Corsair RM650

Xtreme Addict
    I got an answer from Nvidia...

http://bit.ly/NVPhsyX
    Quote Originally Posted by FUGGER View Post
    I am magical.

L-l-look at you, hacker.
    I can understand the SLI profile dilemma, but most of us here have got monster rigs compared to average PCs, I'm sure they can handle a bit of Geforce Experience. I got it installed, never bothers me, now and then lets me know there is a new driver. Great because I go through most of the year forgetting about downloading the latest drivers.
    The problem at present with GFE, particularly for XSers, is that it doesn't understand that resolutions above 1920x1080 exist. Thus the 'optimised' settings provided are far from optimised for those running Surround, 4K or any other non-16:9 resolution.
    Rig specs

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulsCollective View Post
    The problem at present with GFE, particularly for XSers, is that it doesn't understand that resolutions above 1920x1080 exist. Thus the 'optimised' settings provided are far from optimised for those running Surround, 4K or any other non-16:9 resolution.
    That's very annoying. Can you issue a support ticket regarding this or are you aware of nvidia already working on it?

As regards to having both an AMD and nVidia card in their system, does anyone actually have this? Doesn't it cause major driver issues? Don't think I've ever heard anyone having a setup like that.

Apparently Physx being disabled when an AMD card is present has been like this for the last 5 years.

http://www.ngohq.com/graphic-cards/1...s-present.html

Intel Core i7-3770K
    ASUS P8Z77-I DELUXE
    EVGA GTX 970 SC
    Corsair H80
    Corsair RM650

c[_]
    That's very annoying. Can you issue a support ticket regarding this or are you aware of nvidia already working on it?

As regards to having both an AMD and nVidia card in their system, does anyone actually have this? Doesn't it cause major driver issues? Don't think I've ever heard anyone having a setup like that.

Apparently Physx being disabled when an AMD card is present has been like this for the last 5 years.

http://www.ngohq.com/graphic-cards/1...s-present.html
    Running a 750ti in my A10-7850k system, works perfectly fine so far.

Have a second 750ti in the mail that i'm going to put in my 2600K/290x system to play with for a bit.

L-l-look at you, hacker.
    nVidia's response on this issue is that GFE is supposed to 'crowd-source' the optimum settings for all detected games, and thus as non-1080 resolutions are not common GFE is not suited for such setups.

Basically, 'not our problem, deal with it'.
    Rig specs

c[_]
    Running a 750ti in my A10-7850k system, works perfectly fine so far.

Have a second 750ti in the mail that i'm going to put in my 2600K/290x system to play with for a bit.
    I lied, the bug that sets the driver into low power mode (540mhz) until rebooting or disabling and re-enabling the adapter is still there. Not all games cause the bug, but "spintires" can cause it every 1-2 hours without fail.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast