Thread: [PR] - Swiftech MCP50X pump and Maelstrom V2 coolant storage & recirculation system.

Xtreme XIP

Thumbs up [PR] - Swiftech MCP50X pump and Maelstrom V2 coolant storage & recirculation system.

Long Beach, Calif., July 28, 2014, 10:45 Pacific Standard Time - Rouchon Industries Inc., dba Swiftech? (OTC Pink Current: RCHN) announced the release of two new offerings today: the MCP50X pump, and Maelstrom V2 coolant storage & recirculation system.

The most salient characteristic of the MCP50X pump is its impressive power: despite a compact foot print of only 2x2?, this 12VDC centrifugal pump features 4.8MH20 of head pressure, an industry best to date. Such high pressure capability allows the MCP50X to push more flow than competing products in complex liquid cooling systems where multiple devices are installed. The MCP50X is PWM controlled, and its speed ranging from 1300 to 4500 RPM is adjustable via the motherboard. With an MTBF of 50,000 hours and thanks to its ceramic impeller shaft held at both ends, and resin-encased stator & electronics the MCP50X has an excellent resistance to shocks, vibrations, and weather, making it a perfect candidate for numerous other industrial applications. The product is covered by a 3-year limited warranty and available now at an MSRP of $69.95

The Maelstrom V2 is a dual 5 ?? bay reservoir for coolant storage and recirculation, featuring a built-in MCP50X pump. With its large coolant window illuminated by a UV LED, and machined billet aluminum face plate, the Maelstrom V2 makes a powerful statement of hi-tech elegance matched only by the spectacular technical specifications of its pump. Swiftech intends for the new Maelstrom V2 to become the foundation of any enthusiast DIY build. The product is covered by a 3-year limited warranty and available now at an MSRP of $139.95.

http://www.swiftech.com/MCP50X.aspx

http://www.swiftech.com/MaelstromV2.aspx
    Last edited by chispy; 07-28-2014 at 02:50 PM.

Xtreme Member
    No link? Sounds nice thought, the MCP35X was just a little to 'weak' for a CPU, Mosfet block, RAM, and GPU with 3/4 tubing...it would often take it 30 to 40 seconds for the pump to power up and eventually died after 6-months on the above loop. When I got the replacement it immediatley began requiring the same 30 to 40 seconds to power up...The pump would work fine (no 30 to 40 sec. delay) if I removed the GPU block. I really like the PWM feature though and I look forward to trying this MCP50X sounds like it is just what I need. I don't like the $70 for a reservoir you are asking though, I hope you make a $30 cylindrical res. like the 35x has.
    Custom case laser cut from a 3/16" thick sheet of brushed Aluminum 8"x80" & cold formed into a box then anodized black with 1/2" Poly-carbonate side panels..[.fully modular, all aluminum mounting brackets, HD bays, and mobo tray are removable...down to the bare box
    --Asus Maximus V Gene--
    --Intel 3770k @4.2 GHz De-lided and I soldered an Arctic Twin Turbo to the Intel.
    --MSI R7970 3GB @1150, 1500 cooled with an Arctic Accelero Xtreme--
    --G.SKILL Ripjaws @2400 MHz --
    --SeaSonic X-1050 Gold--
    --128 GB Sandisk UltraPlus is was only $59 new! Seagate 1TB HD--
    --Samsung S23A750D 120Hz monitor--
    --Razer Tarantula-- keyboard, yes it is like 8 years old!
    --Corsair M60 mouse--
    --Klipsh Promedia 2.1-- I rock stereo speakers the way they were meant to be rocked
    -- 100% Fun ...

Does it ever shock anyone else when your hear someone use Darwin's "survival of the fittest" to justify genocide?

Xtreme XIP

Thumbs up

Thank you for the heads up DefStar , links added

When can we expect a proper review of the H220-X CPU Liquid Cooling Kit by one of the major tech news sites chispy ?
    Last edited by Det0x; 07-29-2014 at 07:06 AM.
    Arguing on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics - Even if you win, you're still retarded

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by DefStar View Post
    No link? Sounds nice thought, the MCP35X was just a little to 'weak' for a CPU, Mosfet block, RAM, and GPU with 3/4 tubing...it would often take it 30 to 40 seconds for the pump to power up and eventually died after 6-months on the above loop. When I got the replacement it immediatley began requiring the same 30 to 40 seconds to power up...The pump would work fine (no 30 to 40 sec. delay) if I removed the GPU block. I really like the PWM feature though and I look forward to trying this MCP50X sounds like it is just what I need. I don't like the $70 for a reservoir you are asking though, I hope you make a $30 cylindrical res. like the 35x has.
    Something was wrong with your pump. The pump should start within a second of the computer powering up. A 4 block setup for an MCP35X is nothing.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lowfat View Post
    Something was wrong with your pump. The pump should start within a second of the computer powering up. A 4 block setup for an MCP35X is nothing.
    that or whatever was supplying the power\speed control
    TJ08-EW 6700k@4.7 1.375v - Z170-GENE - 2x8g 3866 16-16-16 - 1070@ 2088\9500MHz -Samsung 830 64G, Sandisk Ultra II 960G, WD Green 3tb - Seasonic XP1050 - Dell U2713 - Pioneer Todoroki 5.1 Apogee Drive II - EK VGA-HF Supreme - Phobia 200mm Rad - Silverstone AP181 Project Darkling
    3770k vs 6700k RAM Scaling, HT vs RAM, Arma III CPU vs RAM, Thief CPU vs RAM

Xtreme XIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Det0x View Post
    When can we expect a proper review of the H220-X CPU Liquid Cooling Kit by one of the major tech news sites chispy ?
    Do not know yet. But I expect soon many big name web-sites reviewers will get their samples on time , I think me and Linus from Linus Tech Tips were the first ones to receive samples directly from Swiftech for review , that's why you have not seen any other reviews out there. Give it a few days Det0x

Xtreme XIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Det0x View Post

Finally Det0x here you go: http://www.swiftech.com/H220-X.aspx#tab5 , In the Front Page / News page of the main Swiftech.com website , Overclockers.com did a review and chispy did an excellent review also. It is posted in the front page on Swiftech.com here: Overclockers.com gives the H220-X it's Seal of Approval - Read the entire article here: http://www.overclockers.com/swiftech...ing-kit-review , and Chispy's in-depth user review with many videos on Xtremesystems.org forums: Read the entire article http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...ew-Part-1-of-2.

All is posted at http://www.swiftech.com/ Front Page. I still wonder who is this chispy guy who did an extensive review ? LOL

Last edited by chispy; 07-30-2014 at 09:25 AM.

Xtreme Addict
    Agreed. I have a single MCP35X doing CPU, 2x mosfets, dual GTX 295 blocks, 2x140mm rad and a 2x180mm rad easily.

-PB
    -Project Sakura-
    Intel i7 860 @ 4.0Ghz, Asus Maximus III Formula, 8GB G-Skill Ripjaws X F3 (@ 1600Mhz), 2x GTX 295 Quad SLI
    2x 120GB OCZ Vertex 2 RAID 0, OCZ ZX 1000W, NZXT Phantom (Pink), Dell SX2210T Touch Screen, Windows 8.1 Pro

Koolance RP-401X2 1.1 (w/ Swiftech MCP35X), XSPC EX420, XSPC X-Flow 240, DT Sniper, EK-FC 295s (w/ RAM Blocks), Enzotech M3F Mosfet+NB/SB

Xtreme XIP
    Quote Originally Posted by paulbagz View Post
    Agreed. I have a single MCP35X doing CPU, 2x mosfets, dual GTX 295 blocks, 2x140mm rad and a 2x180mm rad easily.

-PB

+1 ^ this

Xtreme Member
    Yeah, but then the second replacement pump did the same thing. I went through two different motherboards and two different power supplies and still the behavior persisted...like I said the replacement pump did it to. I found others experiencing the same problem and nobody could really figure out the problem. It was so annoying I finally sold it and my water kit...I'm almost positive it was some kind of bad ground/soldering issue with the pump internally.

I'm going to buy a new water loop after my next mobo/CPU upgrade which will be when 8-core intel is $300 for an unlocked version???? I'm in no rush since today I finally finished my "Custom made GPU Mosfet Heat-pipe sinks" and OMG they work good. At 1050 core I"m staying below 55C on both VRMs and the core!!!! I Used an Arctic Accellero for the GPU and I used MSI's stock cooler's heat-pipes to fashion the 7970 VRMs coolers...at 1200 core I'm under 65C pushing over 250W...heatpipes should be used on Video card VRMs by default, WTF I fit them under the Arctic Heatsink so I know it can me done...I just did it.
    Last edited by DefStar; 08-02-2014 at 01:38 PM.
    Custom case laser cut from a 3/16" thick sheet of brushed Aluminum 8"x80" & cold formed into a box then anodized black with 1/2" Poly-carbonate side panels..[.fully modular, all aluminum mounting brackets, HD bays, and mobo tray are removable...down to the bare box
    --Asus Maximus V Gene--
    --Intel 3770k @4.2 GHz De-lided and I soldered an Arctic Twin Turbo to the Intel.
    --SeaSonic X-1050 Gold--
    --Corsair M60 mouse--
    --Klipsh Promedia 2.1-- I rock stereo speakers the way they were meant to be rocked
    -- 100% Fun ...

Does it ever shock anyone else when your hear someone use Darwin's "survival of the fittest" to justify genocide?

c[_]
    Quote Originally Posted by DefStar View Post
    Yeah, but then the second replacement pump did the same thing. I went through two different motherboards and two different power supplies and still the behavior persisted...like I said the replacement pump did it to. I found others experiencing the same problem and nobody could really figure out the problem. It was so annoying I finally sold it and my water kit...I'm almost positive it was some kind of bad ground/soldering issue with the pump internally.

I'm going to buy a new water loop after my next mobo/CPU upgrade which will be when 8-core intel is $300 for an unlocked version???? I'm in no rush since today I finally finished my "Custom made GPU Mosfet Heat-pipe sinks" and OMG they work good. At 1050 core I"m staying below 55C on both VRMs and the core!!!! I Used an Arctic Accellero for the GPU and I used MSI's stock cooler's heat-pipes to fashion the 7970 VRMs coolers...at 1200 core I'm under 65C pushing over 250W...heatpipes should be used on Video card VRMs by default, WTF I fit them under the Arctic Heatsink so I know it can me done...I just did it.
    If your pump was waiting a period of time to start up it was likely either your minimum setting was too low for the pump to start turning or your turn-on temperature was set high enough that the pump wasnt even trying to turn on. Lots of blocks in the flow path just limits your maximum flow rate, not the ability of the pump to start up.

All along the watchtower the watchmen watch the eternal return.

Xtreme Member
    I always set the fan to run at 29% min. and ramp up at 39C. so the pump should have been 4500MaxRPM * 29% = 1305 RPM at any temp below 39C. So, maybe the pump was not rated to run as low as 1305 RPM and so it would run 0 RPM until it the CPU got hotter...I will check the specs later to verify if that was in fact the problem.

Edit, I think I tried this and raised the minimum speed up to 40% which would yeild 1808 RPM of the max 4500 RPM which still might not have been enough...

Edit 2: Swiftech charts show the pump running from 0% up to 100%
    http://www.swiftech.com/mcp35x12vdcpump.aspx#tab2
    so the pump should have registered well above the minimum 100 RPM and max 600 RPM (you can set it to not boot if RPM below 600 down to 100 RPM in bios) warning scope in the M5G bios settings. So once again, I have no answer...I think it is the Asus M5G it is the only motherboard I used with it, I went through two M5Gs and they both displayed the same behavior...bios problem or something.
    Last edited by DefStar; 08-04-2014 at 07:28 PM.
    --Asus Maximus V Gene--
    --SeaSonic X-1050 Gold--
    --Corsair M60 mouse--
    -- 100% Fun ...

Xtreme Member
    Oh I should have mentioned, the original pump completely failed (would not ever turn on no matter how long I waited) after only 6-months... So, I can't blame the motherboard for the pump completely failing because the replacement pump worked and then after a week started doing the delayed start up like the old pump. The motherboard only controlled the PWM function while power came from the power supply and I tried ever 12-volt connector on the PSU and I even tested the 12-volt connecters and they were all a consistent 12.xx volts. My motherboard hasn't made any of the PWM fans delay on start up or fail...?.
    The only thing that made the delayed start up go away was reducing the components (restriction) of the loop, I'm guessing not all pumps are created equal even if they have the same name MCP35X.
    Last edited by DefStar; 08-05-2014 at 10:44 PM.
    --Asus Maximus V Gene--
    --SeaSonic X-1050 Gold--
    --Corsair M60 mouse--
    -- 100% Fun ...

So how does this compare to the MCP655? Still on my very first MCP655 after.. I cant remember how many years now. Must be > 6
    Rig:
    AMD FX8350
    ASUS Sabertooth 990FX
    MSI 7950 Twin Frozr 3GB
    32GB Corsair Dominator 1600
    Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, WD VelociRaptor 1TB

Water Setup:
    MCP655, EK Supreme HF Cu, Swiftech MCR-320 Rad, 1/2in ID 3/4in OD Tubing