Thread: advice on new system build please

advice on new system build please

ive been out of the overclocking for a long while now and not sure what to purchase for a new system

my current system ( built about 4-5 years ago)

ip35 pro
    q8400
    2gb ddr2 dominator

water cooled on top end parts at the time ( tbh cant remember brand names) 3 x 120 rad ( thermo something ? ), cpu and north bridge cooler, and pump with intergrated tank ( i think pump and nb are swiftech) 1/2" tubing

i dont do pc gaming (any pcie-x gfx card will do) but im looking for something that can work as a house server ( i run 3 hauppage mvp media clients so on the fly encoding to mpg) general browsing (firefox is a ram hog) and good file i/o (ssd for windows , 2tb + for files).

i would be looking to water cool the new rig, mainly for 24/7 stability and quietness ( overclocking would be a bonus)

im based in the uk btw for prices / links etc...

thanks
    e4300 @ 3240mhz 1.45v (45c @ 100% load)
    crucial ballistix pc2-6400 (541mz 5.5.5.15 @ 2.2v)
    dtek fuzion
    thermochill pa120.3
    fsp epsilon 700w
    dfi blood iron

Xtreme Member
    I recommend Swiftech Apogee XT (Rev2) for a CPU waterblock or you could re-use the FuZion with an LGA 775 to LGA xxxx adapter (the newest couple sockets have the same hole pattern).

Xtreme Member
    On this list you can take out the WD Black and add 3x 1TB Western Digital Blue drives you wouldn't notice a difference aside from slightly higher power consumption.

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/QX2cGX