Thread: Samsung 28UD590

Xtreme Mentor

Samsung 28UD590

What do you think about this? It nearly has everything I want just SP1.2a is missing for FreeSync...

When i'm being paid i always do my job through.

Nerdy Powerlifter
    I just had a monitor die, so I've been researching the heck out of these things.

Does it bother you having a TN panel? If so, move on. It looks like it's going to have bar better colors than most TNs (1.06 billion like an IPS through the use of 8bit subpixel processing along with a 2-bit frame rate control). Basically, it has pseudo 10 bit color.

No vesa + a very crappy non-adjustable stand is not good either.

The resolution is great, 60hz is awesome & the color should be really good for a TN. I think if you can overcome the non-IPS panel & stand, it would make for a pretty good monitor, especially for the asking price. I've seen it for 550 USD shipped directly from Korea.

I'm passing on it in favor of IPS, adjustable stand options & the fact that I don't want to drop a lot of cash into video cards for a 4k set up. 21:9 (3440x1440) or 2560x1600 having very affordable IPS panels seems much better for my needs/wants.
    You must [not] advance.

Current Rig: i7 4790k @ stock (**** TIM!) , Zotac GTX 1080 WC'd 2214mhz core / 5528mhz Mem, Asus z-97 Deluxe

Heatware

Xtreme Mentor
    my only concern about ips is response time. Colors of ips is magnificent, i have an ips and a tn at work and can easily see the difference but i am mainly a developer and gamer. Seeing good colors would be good but my main goals are resolution and response time .

When i'm being paid i always do my job through.