Thread: Worlds slowest CPU crunching right now.

2.4C killer

Worlds slowest CPU crunching right now.

Hey guys what happened to the WCG and XS in general? I miss the activity here of the old days. But anyways, I started crunching again a bit till I get in trouble.

I want to introduce you to the slowest CPU folding 24/7...the Huawei Prism II with a 1.0 GHz Cortex-A5. Just a spare Android phone I got for free. Does anyone have anything slower? Let me tell you...it's on the heels of my Devils Canyon 4790K at 4.8ghz!

2.4C killer
    And why are Vishera (FX8320) CPU's sooooo slow? I guess I expected it though, was hoping it wouldn't be this ineffecient though. I downvolted and clocked it at 4ghz just to save power, but my work I5 laptop at 3.2ghz 2C/4T is actually a bit faster.

Crunching For The Points! NKrader's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Peen View Post
    Hey guys what happened to the WCG and XS in general? I miss the activity here of the old days. But anyways, I started crunching again a bit till I get in trouble.

I want to introduce you to the slowest CPU folding 24/7...the Huawei Prism II with a 1.0 GHz Cortex-A5. Just a spare Android phone I got for free. Does anyone have anything slower? Let me tell you...it's on the heels of my Devils Canyon 4790K at 4.8ghz!
    i had my singlecore atom cpu on it for a while it made like 45ppd.

LOL

and about XS there are a few threads about that, WCG isnt doing that bad, everyone else just picked their game up and we stayed the same.

2.4C killer
    This little crappy $50 (new) phone I don't think you can even say PPD with it, more like PPEOD (Points per every other day) since it takes about 25hrs to do one WU haha. My Nexus 5 is doing ok though

NKrader...I just moved from the couve actually...

Crunching For The Points! NKrader's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Peen View Post
    This little crappy $50 (new) phone I don't think you can even say PPD with it, more like PPEOD (Points per every other day) since it takes about 25hrs to do one WU haha. My Nexus 5 is doing ok though

NKrader...I just moved from the couve actually...
    awesome! you coming back to the crunching scene? we need some more point earners!

2.4C killer
    Yeah till I get in trouble. I'm in San Diego now so my electric bill is high.

What part of Vancouver are you in? Last place I lived was on Mill Plain. Was engaged to a girl that was an apartment manager there in Vancouver, but broke up with her so I moved haha

Xtreme Cruncher
    Welcome back! (Though I don't know if we ever met?)

One word of caution - watch your phone temps and don't keep it at 100% State of Charge all the time (Or even much of the time - it'll kill the battery). I ran it on a Galaxy S4 for just shy of a year whenever plugged in, and then left the phone plugged in whenever convenient (which was much of the time - sleeping, working at a desk, surfing the web, etc) and ended up killing my battery life. Another phone, Galaxy S3, also had similar issues - significantly reduced battery life.

Other than that, no hardware damage to think of, batteries simply aren't designed to be charged while hot or retain high SoC...

24 hour prime stable? Please, I'm 24/7/365 WCG stable!

So you can do Furmark, Can you Grid???