Thread: $36mil worth of electronics stolen from Samsung factory in armed raid

L-l-look at you, hacker.

$36mil worth of electronics stolen from Samsung factory in armed raid

Bandits attacked a Samsung Electronics Co Ltd factory near Sao Paulo late Sunday and held workers hostage while they robbed truckloads of smartphones, tablets and notebook computers that police valued at $36 million.

The dramatic heist, carried out by armed robbers who carjacked a shuttle used by factory employees, took place overnight during nearly four hours in Campinas, an industrial hub in the southeastern state of Sao Paulo.

A spokesman for the state's public security secretariat said the bandits made off with seven trucks laden with more than 40,000 Samsung products. State police are investigating the attack, he added, but said no suspects have yet been identified.
    Sounds like a Payday mission

Reuters
    Rig specs
    CPU: i7 5960X Mobo: Asus X99 Deluxe RAM: 4x4GB G.Skill DDR4-2400 CAS-15 VGA: 2x eVGA GTX680 Superclock PSU: Corsair AX1200

Foundational Falsehoods of Creationism

XS News
    Sounds like they need smaller trucks
    i7-3820
    SB Z
    16GB 2200
    GTX690
    1KW Lazer

Maybe the Policia were too busy containing the WC protestors in free speech zones (USA joke).

If they are anything like the law enforcement in my neighborhood, a police value of $36m would be maximum high-dollar retail per individual unit. Samsung's cost is likely much lower.

I hope everyone is okay, and look forward to a few of the bad guys turning on their new phones.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Samsung isn't even a germany company. Get it together Brazil! Go raid a Benz shop or something
    Xeon E3-1245 @ Stock | Gigabyte H87N-Wifi | 16GB Crucial Ballistix LP @ 1600Mhz | R7 260x | Much and varied storage

Xtreme Addict
    I'm happy this happened. You will think twice before offshoaring your company the next time.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by El Mano View Post
    I'm happy this happened. You will think twice before offshoaring your company the next time.
    Why? Their insurance will cover it.
    Originally Posted by motown_steve
    Every genocide that was committed during the 20th century has been preceded by the disarmament of the target population. Once the government outlaws your guns your life becomes a luxury afforded to you by the state. You become a tool to benefit the state. Should you cease to benefit the state or even worse become an annoyance or even a hindrance to the state then your life becomes more trouble than it is worth.

Once the government outlaws your guns your life is forfeit. You're already dead, it's just a question of when they are going to get around to you.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LordEC911 View Post
    Why? Their insurance will cover it.
    Yup, and their insurance will go way, way up based on the probability of this happening again and again.
    Custom case laser cut from a 3/16" thick sheet of brushed Aluminum 8"x80" & cold formed into a box then anodized black with 1/2" Poly-carbonate side panels..[.fully modular, all aluminum mounting brackets, HD bays, and mobo tray are removable...down to the bare box
    --Asus Maximus V Gene--
    --Intel 3770k @4.2 GHz De-lided and I soldered an Arctic Twin Turbo to the Intel.
    --MSI R7970 3GB @1150, 1500 cooled with an Arctic Accelero Xtreme--
    --G.SKILL Ripjaws @2400 MHz --
    --SeaSonic X-1050 Gold--
    --128 GB Sandisk UltraPlus is was only $59 new! Seagate 1TB HD--
    --Samsung S23A750D 120Hz monitor--
    --Razer Tarantula-- keyboard, yes it is like 8 years old!
    --Corsair M60 mouse--
    --Klipsh Promedia 2.1-- I rock stereo speakers the way they were meant to be rocked
    -- 100% Fun ...

Does it ever shock anyone else when your hear someone use Darwin's "survival of the fittest" to justify genocide?

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by DefStar View Post
    Yup, and their insurance will go way, way up based on the probability of this happening again and again.
    Nope. How often has this happened in the last 20years?
    Originally Posted by motown_steve
    Every genocide that was committed during the 20th century has been preceded by the disarmament of the target population. Once the government outlaws your guns your life becomes a luxury afforded to you by the state. You become a tool to benefit the state. Should you cease to benefit the state or even worse become an annoyance or even a hindrance to the state then your life becomes more trouble than it is worth.

Once the government outlaws your guns your life is forfeit. You're already dead, it's just a question of when they are going to get around to you.

Xtreme Addict
    Do you have any concept of just how big Samsung is? hint: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samsung...and_affiliates

Point is, $36 mil doesn't even qualify as a drop in the ocean.

Xtreme Member
    This is what happens when you put a facility in a high-risk country without adequate security. smh.

Xtreme Addict
    And no suspects will EVER be found or arrested.

Welcome to Brazil, Samsung!
    Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H
    G-Skill Ripjaws X 16Gb - 2133Mhz
    Thermalright Ultra-120 eXtreme
    i7 2600k @ 4.4Ghz
    Sapphire 7970 OC 1.2Ghz
    Mushkin Chronos Deluxe 128Gb

Xtreme Addict
    Police communications should improve after this daring raid
    lots and lots of cores and lots and lots of tuners,HTPC's boards,cases,HDD's,vga's,DDR1&2&3 etc etc all powered by Corsair PSU's

You lost me.. Samsung is a South Korean company.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by dengyong View Post
    You lost me.. Samsung is a South Korean company.
    And the raid was in Brazil. They offshored a factory to Brazil and got pwned by locals.
    Serves them right.
    Last edited by El Mano; 07-14-2014 at 01:35 AM.

L-l-look at you, hacker.
    *offshore

Folks, let's not let this turn into a political discussion, OK?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gautum
    News section crackdown
    This section has become a pretty big mess, so some changes are going to be implemented from now on.

- Any inflammatory post will be rewarded with a 3-day ban and removal from the news section. No warnings.

- Threads related to politics or religion in any way will be removed
    Rig specs
    CPU: i7 5960X Mobo: Asus X99 Deluxe RAM: 4x4GB G.Skill DDR4-2400 CAS-15 VGA: 2x eVGA GTX680 Superclock PSU: Corsair AX1200

Foundational Falsehoods of Creationism

Quote Originally Posted by SoulsCollective View Post
    *offshore

Folks, let's not let this turn into a political discussion, OK?
    I would say it's relevent here though
    Samsung have cut costs by moving their factory to an area they can pay lower wages in and the social climate is less stable.
    Then they got raided.

I'm glad it appears no one was hurt though. An armed robbery like that could have gone so much worse.
    Bring on the motorbikes!

i think most of you don't know anything about Brazil at all :-)

Xtreme Mentor
    offshore ... ??? this is actually globalization and no $36 mil robbery can stop this...

When i'm being paid i always do my job through.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by darkage View Post
    i think most of you don't know anything about Brazil at all :-)
    What secret of Brazil the outside world doesn't know is relevant to this story though?

Some crooks spotted an opportunity to steal something of value and have done so, happens all the time regardless of the Country.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by kromosto View Post
    offshore ... ??? this is actually globalization and no $36 mil robbery can stop this...
    Exactly
    lots and lots of cores and lots and lots of tuners,HTPC's boards,cases,HDD's,vga's,DDR1&2&3 etc etc all powered by Corsair PSU's

What secret of Brazil the outside world doesn't know is relevant to this story though?
    well people are talking about brazil as if it was a ??? country, it is not, its the 7 world economy and the 1 in south america
    Some crooks spotted an opportunity to steal something of value and have done so, happens all the time regardless of the Country.
    yes that's right :-)

Xtreme 3DTeam Member
    Huh........ - now I know why 2600CL10 & 2666CL10 RAM with SAMSUNG chips left the market............
    If nothing works nomore......:

Xtreme Addict
    Brazil also has huge taxes on imported stuff, so having a factory in the country is a must if you want to sell something there.
    Are we there yet?

Xtreme Addict
    And the raid was in Brazil. They offshored a factory to Brazil and got pwned by locals.
    Serves them right.
    This factory would be good for those locals...
    Quote Originally Posted by alacheesu View Post
    If you were consistently able to put two pieces of lego together when you were a kid, you should have no trouble replacing the pump top.