Hi, I have a Dell Precision 530 I threw 4GB of ram in with the risers.

If I adjust the AGP Aperture to anything other than 256MB, I get a multi-bit memory error. In the bios it says RIMM_4 but gives a physical address. You know it's like f000000h9 or something. I'd like to identify which module is the cause.

If I set AGP Aperture to 256MB and boot I get the two yellows and two green lights on the diagnostic lights. 2 yellow on left, 2 green on right means possibly memory module failure.

However at AGP Aperture 256MB it boots up with no errors, BIOS reports 4096MB. Windows reports 3327MB. My guess is with AGP Aperture at 256MB, the bios disables the bad 512MB stick leaving me with 512MB less physical memory available for the OS.

I also ran it through the Extended 10 hours Windows Memory Diagnostic on 2 runs with zero error's.

There are 4 Rimm slots, SLOT 1 has a 4-rimm riser, SLOT 2 has a 4-rimm riser, SLOT 3 and 4 are empty. Since there are 8 512mb sticks... the error is weird since it just plain says RIMM 4 Multi bit ECC error but I have RIMM 4 on Riser 1, and RIMM 4 on Riser 2, and RIMM 4 on the board it self...

My Question is how can I determine which module is bad by the Physical address shown on the Multi-Bit ECC Error with AGP Aperture set at 32MB?

Thanks