Thread: Nodes crapping out

Where's me Beer?

Nodes crapping out

No idea what is going on, but DNS errors have been through the roof. All nodes shut down while i find out the problem.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by hixie View Post
    No idea what is going on, but DNS errors have been through the roof. All nodes shut down while i find out the problem.
    I had a huge hit with DNS error rates going through the roof around the same time. My DNS error rate is usually around 1-5% and rarely goes to 10% so it's the data quality most likely. I consider bad error rates up to 24 hours as either/or and only after 24 hours and comparing to other users' stats do I decide whether or not to do something about it.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Just installed MJ12 again a couple days ago and noticed >10% DNS errors.

I'm also constantly hit by "NoMoreURLsAvailable," and have not been crawling full speed. I run a 20mbps line and I rarely see my client go past 7-8mbps.

Don't know what's been going on..
    Team XS: xs4s.org

Xtreme Legend
    first up NoMoreURLsAvailable is very common now it is not unusual to see between 8 and 16 hours a day work only.

With the above there is a tendency to run nodes down towards zero so you may be seeing the poorer quality, smaller buckets and re work buckets coming through and effecting your dns averages.

I would say that anything in the 2-10% range is normal. This is the range I see running 60 small nodes. most of the time it is in the 4-5% range but even though these all run on the same rig I see some that go well outside these limits on occasion. I have even had a warning email a couple of times. I re-start nodes every 24 hours to get a better feel for error rates

My Biggest Fear Is When I die, My Wife Sells All My Stuff For What I Told Her I Paid For It.
    79 SB threads and 32 IB Threads across 4 rigs 111 threads Crunching!!