Thread: making your own fan controller

Xtreme Addict

making your own fan controller

Would it be feasible to use one of the new micro pc's such as the raspberry pi or suchlike as a fan controller and is anyone here interested in assisting to write the code
    Respec'
    System:Bunch of crappy overclocked PC's that cost an arm and a leg

it would be possible yes, but you'd still need to use a different board to power the fans

I like large posteriors and I cannot prevaricate

Xtreme Member
    If you do it, please post about it!

I like large posteriors and I cannot prevaricate

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Evantaur View Post
    Of all the Youtube videos to not have audio... The same uploader has another video of that project with audio but he doesn't actually say anything to explain what he is doing. The weather application he is using to monitor the temperature and humidity might be part of that circuit board he has stacked on the pi. It has a local network address (10.10.55.100) in the address bar and he blocks the laptop's side exhaust and then later aims it the pi and you can see the reported temperature rising.

Xtreme Addict
    I have the MCubed and it's peripherals but I never got aroud to installing it. From what i hear the software is pretty dated and may not even run on a modern OS (development ceased in 2008?). I wonder if they would release the code? I got the idea from a simple pi project to control a motor. I must admit at this stage that although I work in IT, I haven't got a clue regarding development or what us old folk called programming. I know a fair few who do though. The project could also use one of the various Pi touch screen as a control ;-) Thanks for your input Evanteur I would send you a personal pic of the Tardis but we've moved site and we no longer have one at Television Centre.
    Last edited by RADCOM; 06-22-2014 at 07:27 AM.
    Respec'
    System:Bunch of crappy overclocked PC's that cost an arm and a leg