View Poll Results: Will you buy GTX BLUE "F" Moon?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, take my moneyz

6 23.08%
  • Nope, I will pass

6 23.08%
  • Dont know, but I do look forward to it!

11 42.31%
  • Dont know, I am not interested at the moment

3 11.54%
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Updated 2nd Time: Maxwell 800 series GPUs will be "quiet" powerful.

Xtreme Guru
    Kingpin is clearly going to be a higher binned part. But being realistic, that's really only going to make a difference when you get water cooling or even perhaps only LN2. My guess is if you're sticking with air, save the money (and put it towards better speakers or monitor)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hans de Vries View Post

JF-AMD posting: IPC increases!!!!!!! How many times did I tell you!!!

terrace215 post: IPC decreases, The more I post the more it decreases.
    .....}
    until (interrupt by Movieman)

Regards, Hans

Xtreme Member
    Thanks. It is a free promotion deal that I have got, no matter what 780 Ti or Titan edition, it is free for me. I guess I will go with KingPin, and OC it a bit.

Xtreme Addict
    If cost is taken out of the equation the Titan Black is the obvious choice just for the extra VRAM, there is no downside, even if there is little upside over the 780 Ti.

Xtreme Member
    But would it be better off to get Titan Z then? I have 1 at work already, It is very beastly.

Xtreme Member
    PS: I now know the release date of 800s. Yea, definitely a surprising release for many. Kudos to Nvidia, nice play by them.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by SinOfLiberty View Post
    PS: I now know the release date of 800s. Yea, definitely a surprising release for many. Kudos to Nvidia, nice play by them.

Now the million dollar question... When will we know :p.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by onewingedangel View Post
    If cost is taken out of the equation the Titan Black is the obvious choice just for the extra VRAM, there is no downside, even if there is little upside over the 780 Ti.
    I think, Titan Z is a good option. When OCed, It should beat 295x2. Most likely gonna grab Z. Thanks for suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenTiger View Post
    Now the million dollar question... When will we know :p.
    Don't really know. Maybe there will be more leaks in July. Or If Pedant One will spoil smth, before that.

Xtreme Member
    Update: I got a message yesterday, hinting at AMD lifting the embargo date to start "leaking info" for the upcoming GPUs, due to worry some GM 200 leaks spread. I did not pay much attention to that, until today:

AMD already have its next gen high end part ready.They have had for a while.

They also have a full fat Hawaii XT up there sleeves this being said Nvidia will not be able to do there milking of the consumer as they so often have,
    This was posted by a forum stuff at http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/sho...8606492&page=4.

Xtreme Addict
    I think, Titan Z is a good option. When OCed, It should beat 295x2. Most likely gonna grab Z. Thanks for suggestion.
    Spending 2x as much on a Titan Z to potentially overclock it to the same level as a 295x2 while not taking into account overclocking the 295x2???
    Originally Posted by motown_steve
    Every genocide that was committed during the 20th century has been preceded by the disarmament of the target population. Once the government outlaws your guns your life becomes a luxury afforded to you by the state. You become a tool to benefit the state. Should you cease to benefit the state or even worse become an annoyance or even a hindrance to the state then your life becomes more trouble than it is worth.

Once the government outlaws your guns your life is forfeit. You're already dead, it's just a question of when they are going to get around to you.

Xtreme Member
    Titan Z is a beast. GK 110 is proved to clock better than Hawaii heater.

Also, 295x2 even with a water cooler gets very hot.

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by LordEC911 View Post
    Spending 2x as much on a Titan Z to potentially overclock it to the same level as a 295x2 while not taking into account overclocking the 295x2???
    You're wasting your time.
    Donate to XS forums
    Quote Originally Posted by jayhall0315 View Post
    If you are really extreme, you never let informed facts or the scientific method hold you back from your journey to the wrong answer.

Xtreme Addict
    Someone didn't read the thread.... .

Xtreme Addict
    Someone didn't read the thread.... .
    Is there some sort of hidden thread that can justify a Titan Z?
    Every genocide that was committed during the 20th century has been preceded by the disarmament of the target population. Once the government outlaws your guns your life becomes a luxury afforded to you by the state. You become a tool to benefit the state. Should you cease to benefit the state or even worse become an annoyance or even a hindrance to the state then your life becomes more trouble than it is worth.

Once the government outlaws your guns your life is forfeit. You're already dead, it's just a question of when they are going to get around to you.

Xtreme Addict
    Someone still didn't read. he isn't paying for it.

Xtreme Member
    He is getting it for free.

Xtreme Addict
    Titan Z is a beast. GK 110 is proved to clock better than Hawaii heater.

Also, 295x2 even with a water cooler gets very hot.
    You should maybe look the review of the 295x2 and the review of the TitanZ ( guru3D have just do one for the TitanZ )... ( ohh you can certainly use h2o on it and flash it with a bios without tdp and temp limit anyway )..

And im sorry, but the 295x2 is not hot at all ... TitanZ temperature = 83 degree C at stock ( game or whatever this is the max temperature allowed anyway by the bios ) - R9 295x2 = 68 degree C in game .. ( quite not good compared to a real watercooling system, but not bad at all for an AIO system with a simple 120mm rad on a dual gpu's ). only by changing the fan on the rad, you win 15 ?C . ( just put a nice Gentle Typhoon 120mm or other good high pressure fans and you are good to go )

Overclocking was a bit difficult as the temperature is killing the tweaking processes, once we increase fan RPM (very noisy) that's where you'll see results. A liquid cooled Titan-Z would have been the way to go for Nvidia, as it honestly makes a big difference. Have a peek at the results when overclocked, at these settings the card would have been a true competitor to the Radeon R9 295x2.
    WHen he say "at this setting", it is @1100mhz ( throttling ) ... Problem is it too slower of a 295x2 overclocked then..

I dont tell you to prefer or not the titanz, it's just for correct a bit your information about the 295x2 . Note, if "They" offer you a Titan-z, maybe they could send you 2 Titan Black ....

Anyway, whatever is the dual gpu cards, the best solution stay to buy a good watercooling block ( EK do them if im right ), and got at least a good 240mm rad in a proper custom loop dedicated for the gpu's. ( without count the cpu ofc ).
    Last edited by Lanek; 06-21-2014 at 08:56 AM.
    CPU: - I7 4930K (EK Supremacy )
    GPU: - 2x AMD HD7970 flashed GHZ bios ( EK Acetal Nickel Waterblock H2o)
    Motherboard: Asus x79 Deluxe
    RAM: G-skill Ares C9 2133mhz 16GB
    Main Storage: Samsung 840EVO 500GB / 2x Crucial RealSSD C300 Raid0

Xtreme Member
    Thanks, Lanek. I will go with Z anyway, I like the design. Also, people suggested to sell it, it should give enough for 3X880s. I think my 1K Watts PSU will do the job.

Xtreme Addict
    Someone still didn't read. he isn't paying for it.
    I did read.

Quote Originally Posted by urbanfox View Post
    He is getting it for free.
    Allegedly.

Xtreme Member
    2nd Generation Maxwell To Use Tile Based Rendering!

What Is Tile Based Rendering

Tile based rendering and differs significantly from immediate mode rendering when it comes to constructing a 3D scene. The tile based rendering approach attempts to eliminate any redundant processing in the 3D pipeline, thereby significantly reducing the memory bandwidth limitations that currently plague the video card industry and their immediate mode rendering approach.
    Rendering small tiles instead of a complete scene also means that pixels that are not visible can be thrown out before the rendering process beings. Since each tile consists of a display list that includes each polygon in that tile, hidden surface removal can occur before any textures are applied. Once again this significantly reduces the amount of information that must travel over the memory bus
    Source:

http://beyond3d.com/showthread.php?p...39#post1856639

http://www.google.com/patents/US20140118393
    http://www.google.com/patents/US20140118380
    http://www.google.com/patents/US20140118362

Awesome!

Edit: HDMI 2.0 also coming with 2nd gen. Source: Insider info.
    Last edited by SinOfLiberty; 06-21-2014 at 11:31 AM.

Xtreme Addict
    Can't wait.... July hopefully! Maxwell can't come soon enough to fuel my 4k UP2414Q.
    Last edited by GoldenTiger; 06-21-2014 at 11:02 AM.

Xtreme Addict
    Allready used on Maxwell 1st gen ..
    Last edited by Lanek; 06-21-2014 at 11:24 AM.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanek View Post
    Allready used on Maxwell 1st gen .. ( and not different of tile based rendering from AMD )
    How do you know it is used in 1 gen?

Also, where does it say tile rendering in AMD?

Xtreme Addict
    How do you know it is used in 1 gen?

Also, where does it say tile rendering in AMD?
    ( was thinking to tiled space ressources used in Forward+ render method ( but quite not the same so i have remove it, my error ( have need read the patent ( i hate read patent even if one time this one is most clear than we are used to. ) .. As for the first gen, i need to trust peoples who know the architecture well better than me . Dunno if they have been quick to go to this assumption or not.
    Last edited by Lanek; 06-21-2014 at 11:40 AM.

Xtreme Member
    Can't wait.... July hopefully! Maxwell can't come soon enough to fuel my 4k UP2414Q.
    Are you considering AMD 20nm gpus too or only Nvidia?

Xtreme Addict
    Are you considering AMD 20nm gpus too or only Nvidia?
    Only nvidia this round. I've bought too many ati/amd cards over the years that fell flat due to poor drivers for me to consider them again until I hear a few releases have happened with great driver quality. Last time was the hd 7970 which was a waste for me. Add in wanting shadow play, physx, and better 3d application support for working with, and it's no contest for me.

Edit.... just hope I can mount my clc with kraken g10 I. E. The mounting holes stayed the same.
    Last edited by GoldenTiger; 06-21-2014 at 11:51 AM.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast