View Poll Results: Will you buy GTX BLUE "F" Moon?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, take my moneyz

6 23.08%
  • Nope, I will pass

6 23.08%
  • Dont know, but I do look forward to it!

11 42.31%
  • Dont know, I am not interested at the moment

3 11.54%
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Updated 2nd Time: Maxwell 800 series GPUs will be "quiet" powerful.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by AliG View Post
    Sounds like a great panel then. I personally can't justify spending $1k on a 24" screen, but perhaps once the prices fall I'll go for either a 30" monitor or just buy one of the 4k TVs that are native 60 hz

Yeah, I didn't pay anywhere near that, found a great deal and pounced . 4k is a joy regardless of what you end up getting, for sure.

Xtreme Guru
    So back on topic, do we have any idea when TSMC will finally get their act together? I've been waiting forever to do a GPU upgrade because I don't like the thermal levels on current cards
    Quote Originally Posted by Hans de Vries View Post

JF-AMD posting: IPC increases!!!!!!! How many times did I tell you!!!

terrace215 post: IPC decreases, The more I post the more it decreases.
    .....}
    until (interrupt by Movieman)

Regards, Hans

I am Xtreme
    So back on topic, do we have any idea when TSMC will finally get their act together? I've been waiting forever to do a GPU upgrade because I don't like the thermal levels on current cards
    Depends on your idea of TSMC "getting their act together".

I personally don't see big 20nm GPUs coming out before late Q4 2014...

Slightly OT: any guesses why Nvidia deprived Maxwell of Unified Virtual Memory and postponed it until Pascal?
    Last edited by zalbard; 06-16-2014 at 11:20 AM.
    Donate to XS forums
    Quote Originally Posted by jayhall0315 View Post
    If you are really extreme, you never let informed facts or the scientific method hold you back from your journey to the wrong answer.

Xtreme Member
    Same, gpu upgrade is 1st on my list.

800 Should be here in July. Q3- that is when NV is planning to launch the gpus. We also discussed some of its aspects with Golden Tiger.

Xtreme Member
    Originally posted by SlickR12345 in a thread" [ TweakTown ]GeForce GTX 800 series GPUs to be cheaper, faster than 700 series" - http://forums.anandtech.com/showthread.php?t=2387484 Their source is the same as mine.

No way!!! You want to tell me that a new generation graphic card coming out which is almost three years later after the last generation will be faster than the last generation graphic card?

I find this unbelievable and outright absurd! How dare a new GPU, almost 3 years later then the last GPU be actually faster?

I would have serious issues if the new 880 GPU was faster than 780, I seriously would. How dare them sell a faster card at prices lower than $1000? How dare them!

Xtreme Addict
    If that's correct and it wouldn't surprise me if so..... Update 3 = unreal tournament announcer going "holy sh-" .

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldenTiger View Post
    If that's correct and it wouldn't surprise me if so..... Update 3 = unreal tournament announcer going "holy sh-" .
    That would explain why the card has 512 bit and 384 TMUs.

But boy, was that smooth. Everything just felt more fluent, even from a video perspective Maybe it is just me, I dunno.

Although, this might not be day 1 performance, it is tested mostly likely in very tight environment, than an open one when the full release comes by.

I think this demo is not fake. But dat power

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Is this supposed to read "quiet" or "quite"? If it's the latter, you figure next time you update the title you could fix the discrepancy?

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by SinOfLiberty View Post
    That would explain why the card has 512 bit and 384 TMUs.

But boy, was that smooth. Everything just felt more fluent, even from a video perspective Maybe it is just me, I dunno.

Although, this might not be day 1 performance, it is tested mostly likely in very tight environment, than an open one when the full release comes by.

I think this demo is not fake. But dat power
    Even if it could "only" do 2x MSAA at top-end settings 4k 60hz at 60+fps minimums.... the announcer would still be yelling that "holy sh--" line that echoes .

Same, gpu upgrade is 1st on my list.

800 Should be here in July. Q3- that is when NV is planning to launch the gpus. We also discussed some of its aspects with Golden Tiger.

http://www.sweclockers.com/nyhet/189...er-till-hosten

October-november, sweclokers is always right

Xtreme Member
    Guess, I should not have leaked the info.

Swecklcokers are at it again. Did they really get in just to spoil GTX 880 to be a "behemoth" news every site is talking about..

Anyway, funnily enough, they mention there is no in depth details on latest 880 GM 200 specs, meanwhile they say
    800s are off to be on 28nm GM 204 according to the latest rumors.
    Oh, and they did not even provide a source of 20nm TSMC delay. Basically saying the same thing as GURU3d w/o any word from TSMC or any other source related to them. Rumor,

/skip
    Last edited by SinOfLiberty; 06-17-2014 at 11:44 AM.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WangChung View Post
    Is this supposed to read "quiet" or "quite"? If it's the latter, you figure next time you update the title you could fix the discrepancy?
    Sorry, dude. It does not allow me to change the heading for some reason. You are right, it is the latter.

sweclockers is a famous source for nvidia stuff they never failed btw

Xtreme Member
    60 fps on a gtx 880 in Crysis 3 4k maxed with 8xAA? Thats improbable given quad sli titan black only hits about 55 fps under those settings. Are we supposed to believe a 20nm card is faster than 4 titan blacks, and is going to cost $650? Lmao
    Last edited by astrallite; 06-17-2014 at 11:58 AM.

Xtremeish
    Quote Originally Posted by astrallite View Post
    60 fps on a gtx 880 in Crysis 3 4k maxed with 8xAA? Thats improbable given quad sli titan black only hits about 55 fps under those settings. Are we supposed to believe a 20nm card is faster than 4 titan blacks, and is going to cost $650? Lmao
    Well the quote itself is a bit strange, 4k resolution and high amounts of AA is not a sound thing to do nor necessary.

However, with the increasingly more popular 4k monitors I think cheap upscaling might find it's place.
    Aber ja, naturlich Hans nass ist, er steht unter einem Wasserfall - James May
    Hardware: Gigabyte GA-Z87M-D3H, Intel i5 4670k @ 4GHz, Crucial DDR3 BallistiX, Asus GTX 770 DirectCU II, Corsair HX 650W, Samsung 830 256GB, Silverstone Precision -|- Cooling: Noctua NH-C12P SE14

L-l-look at you, hacker.
    Personally, I'm finding it a major plus that a lot of review sites are trying to include 4K testing these days - while I don't have a 4K monitor and likely won't get one for years until the price comes down, I do game on a 5760*1080 setup, which is about 6.2mil pixels to 4K's about 8mil pixels. Performance at those extremes is usually very different to performance at 1080, and quite often a card that is slower at 1080 ends up taking the lead at the other extreme.
    Rig specs
    CPU: i7 5960X Mobo: Asus X99 Deluxe RAM: 4x4GB G.Skill DDR4-2400 CAS-15 VGA: 2x eVGA GTX680 Superclock PSU: Corsair AX1200

Foundational Falsehoods of Creationism

Xtreme Addict
    10/22/2013: http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/other/d..._Progress.html

20nm SOC: “Specifically on 20nm we have received five product tape-outs and scheduled more than 30 tape-outs in this year and next year from mobile computing, CPU and PLD [programmable logic device] segments. And all those tape-outs represent big volumes."

16nm finfet: “On 16 FinFET, technological development is progressing well. Risk production is on schedule by the end of this year. More than 25 customer product tape-outs are planned in 2014 including mobile computing, CPU, GPU, PLD and networking applications. We are on track to begin volume production within one year of 20nm,”

I find it interesting that TSMC didn't mention 20nm GPUs, but DOES mention that 16nm is similar to 20nm, is coming soon after 20nm, and DOES have GPUs on it.

When I read something like that directly from TSMC itself, it makes me wonder if nvidia skipped 20nm.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bamtan2 View Post
    10/22/2013: http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/other/d..._Progress.html

20nm SOC: ?Specifically on 20nm we have received five product tape-outs and scheduled more than 30 tape-outs in this year and next year from mobile computing, CPU and PLD [programmable logic device] segments. And all those tape-outs represent big volumes."

16nm finfet: ?On 16 FinFET, technological development is progressing well. Risk production is on schedule by the end of this year. More than 25 customer product tape-outs are planned in 2014 including mobile computing, CPU, GPU, PLD and networking applications. We are on track to begin volume production within one year of 20nm,?

I find it interesting that TSMC didn't mention 20nm GPUs, but DOES mention that 16nm is similar to 20nm, is coming soon after 20nm, and DOES have GPUs on it.

When I read something like that directly from TSMC itself, it makes me wonder if nvidia skipped 20nm.
    That is nothing new, really. Only editors that do not have a clue about the industry would insist on 20nm GPUs, just because an available node was never skipped by nVIDIA before (32nm does not count since it was not available at TSMC, although you could make a point that it goes both ways). Plus, from what I understood from several people with knowledge about these processes, 16nn FF is not exactly a 100% new node, it shares much with 20nm. So it totally makes sense for nVIDIA to skip 20nm.

I do believe that we are going to see GM204 in some form or another earlier than October though... maybe not on its Desktop Consumer GPU, but it will show up...
    Last edited by Picao84; 06-18-2014 at 03:09 AM.

Xtreme Member
    Yellooo bodies , this is SOL.

Anyway, here is an interesting piece of info.

GM 204 128M 256bit is nothing more but a mobile graphics processor. Which is without almost no doubts is 28nm based chip. Unless you are mobile enthusiast, this is not exiting.. The final version should be 4GB btw.

Which leaves us with 20nm GM200, the only desktop tape out entry. The chip, the top of the line 800s are based off of.

And If zauba updates the chart with little to no delay, GM 204(Desktop processor) is not coming soon. Which is the repeat of an older generation releases. When High End chips Gx100 were in the top end GPUs, MID range GPUs, X60, X60Tis, and lower were not released until few months after the top end GPU X80`s appearance on the market.

/Out

Xtreme Member
    Yellooo bodies , this is SOL.
    Anyway, here is an interesting piece of info.

GM 204 128M 256bit is nothing more but a mobile graphics processor. Which is without almost no doubts is 28nm based chip. Unless you are mobile enthusiast, this is not exiting.. The final version should be 4GB btw.
    Hehe, looks like my speculation was not that far of the mark
    But it does make sense for them to release it on mobile first with the huge pickup of gaming laptops vs gaming desktops. Unless AMD launches something, they do not really need to launch either.

Xtreme Member
    The 2lac price on that GM200 invoice would have been a big hint. TitanZ is selling for 2.5lacs here.

Xtreme Member
    Update 3: Read the OP for more information.

Xtreme Member
    So, I am debating on 780 TI vs Titan Black vs 780 TI Kingpin.

I would like the ram but 780 ti is better opted for games. Which one should I get?

Xtreme Mentor
    if your aim goal is games then i say go for 780ti

When i'm being paid i always do my job through.

Xtreme Member
    Ok.

Then what is better to get: 780 Ti vanilla or KingPIN? Is there a big difference?

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast