View Poll Results: Will you buy GTX BLUE "F" Moon?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, take my moneyz

6 23.08%
  • Nope, I will pass

6 23.08%
  • Dont know, but I do look forward to it!

11 42.31%
  • Dont know, I am not interested at the moment

3 11.54%
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Updated 2nd Time: Maxwell 800 series GPUs will be "quiet" powerful.

Xtreme Member
    I am not sure how reliable the site is.

But we are up to heavy tanks in 800s

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by SinOfLiberty View Post
    I am not sure how reliable the site is.

But we are up to heavy tanks in 800s
    LOL now WCCFtech is ripping news straight from ME and fateswarm in this thread... hilarious:

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenTiger View Post
    https://www.zauba.com/import-gm204-hs-code.html

Interesting indeed, this database...

"SOCKET BASE, S-BGA-145-080-GK104/GM204"

Looks like they've been shipping around test boards for months now, maybe Maxwell is going to come in July like some of us speculated originally . Seeing some signs such as GTX 780/ti prices going on pretty large sales + low/no stock suddenly, just like before the 780 came to the 680... maybe we'll be lucky and the mountings will even be the same for things like the Kraken G10. The latest entry says something more complete about what appears to be a board coming from the US, perhaps to a manufacturer overseas to get ready for production...?

Another interesting snippet: "PG401-A00 SKU0000 GM204 256BIT 128M COMPUTER GRAPHICS CARDS P NO.699-1G401-0000-000" which matches previous references to GM204 test boards in there.
    Transformed into............. http://wccftech.com/export-data-nvid...where-gtx-880/

Too comical. No credit given, but of course.

EDIT: Just to note, the site is a pretty consistent source for manifests like this.

Xtreme Addict
    Hi WCCFtech!

-PB
    -Project Sakura-
    Intel i7 860 @ 4.0Ghz, Asus Maximus III Formula, 8GB G-Skill Ripjaws X F3 (@ 1600Mhz), 2x GTX 295 Quad SLI
    2x 120GB OCZ Vertex 2 RAID 0, OCZ ZX 1000W, NZXT Phantom (Pink), Dell SX2210T Touch Screen, Windows 8.1 Pro

Koolance RP-401X2 1.1 (w/ Swiftech MCP35X), XSPC EX420, XSPC X-Flow 240, DT Sniper, EK-FC 295s (w/ RAM Blocks), Enzotech M3F Mosfet+NB/SB

L-l-look at you, hacker.
    Here comes the new FUDzilla, just like the old FUDzilla...

Waiting eagerly for info to dribble out, SLi 680s getting a little long in the tooth and have a rather large tax return coming up to spend on something
    Rig specs
    CPU: i7 5960X Mobo: Asus X99 Deluxe RAM: 4x4GB G.Skill DDR4-2400 CAS-15 VGA: 2x eVGA GTX680 Superclock PSU: Corsair AX1200

Foundational Falsehoods of Creationism

Xtreme Member
    GTX 880- 4K Pusher.

Off-topic:Starbucks Meccino coffe,it is so good that I cant even finish off the kebab.

Xtreme Addict
    GTX 880- 4K Pusher.

Off-topic:Starbucks Meccino coffe,it is so good that I cant even finish off the kebab.
    I'd like that given that I recently got a 4k monitor (UP2414Q) .

Xtreme Member
    Yeah, an upscaled 1200p to 4K monitors are up for a treat, I guess.

Now, what about the announcement!?

Japan GTC will be about pro graphics(quadro, teslas), if they are Maxwell based, 800 will have the same specs. K6 quadro has 2880 cudas like 780 TI.

Xtreme Addict
    Yeah, an upscaled 1200p to 4K monitors are up for a treat, I guess.

Now, what about the announcement!?

Japan GTC will be about pro graphics(quadro, teslas), if they are Maxwell based, 800 will have the same specs. K6 quadro has 2880 cudas like 780 TI.
    Oh, it's native 4k 60hz . I can't wait to see maxwell .

Xtreme Guru
    I'd like that given that I recently got a 4k monitor (UP2414Q) .
    Was it worth the money over 1440p? I'm planning on upgrading my secondary monitor (1080p), and was wondering if it would be worth my time to get a new primary monitor, or just another qx2710?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hans de Vries View Post

JF-AMD posting: IPC increases!!!!!!! How many times did I tell you!!!

terrace215 post: IPC decreases, The more I post the more it decreases.
    .....}
    until (interrupt by Movieman)

Regards, Hans

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by AliG View Post
    Was it worth the money over 1440p? I'm planning on upgrading my secondary monitor (1080p), and was wondering if it would be worth my time to get a new primary monitor, or just another qx2710?

It was absolutely worth it over my X-Star DP2710 (same monitor), which I had running at 96hz generally to keep color uniformity better (it could run 110hz fine and did for months though). The color quality and all is a noticeable amount better, hardly a huge different but I can see it. The resolution is absolutely amazing and really brings things up a ton, both for gaming and desktop use.

Games are absolutely unreal running at 60hz in "game" mode (which improves input lag & response time significantly to where I don't notice them in the slightest, and it feels just about as responsive as 96hz did but a tad more blur in quick motion) with software adjustments to improve the color accuracy back towards the pre-calibrated normal mode. It's a dream... everything is just so much more detailed and the virtual depth you feel to the picture improves drastically, distant objects stay razor sharp and you see more of textures on anything in sight due to having more screen space/texel area for the games to display them in. Not every game is going to look perfect with it but the vast vast majority look incredibly better (I've owned the monitor for a few weeks now, so I'm not saying it out of "just unpacked it and in honeymoon" feeling ).

Desktop use is likewise great, text clarity is easier to read and everything looks generally great. I run at 200% DPI setting under Windows 8.1, and it's been almost entirely smooth sailing. I use a very large variety of applications, stretching from web design to game content creation & programming, and while virtually everything works perfectly, Maya's icons are a little smaller than I'd like but text size is adjustable via a config file edit (not a big deal but it would be nice if they had higher options), and Photoshop is horrifically small (but a new version is due out this month probably alongside the Surface Pro 3, which should solve this by allowing the UI to scale, from the news I've read).

General random little utilities/apps almost all respect the proper pixel-doubling for their icons and text looks perfect on them since they just are done by Windows (GPU-Z for example or Aida64, and many other small programs). Steam goes into full pixel-doubling mode including text, but I don't spend much time looking at it anyway as I use it for a games launcher basically... Origin doesn't naturally scale but it has large enough sizing options that it looks great for the game box view and the menus are legible.

Performance needed is brutal but not obscene. Generally the same settings at 1440p that would get me 90-110fps will run at 55-65fps @ 4k with slight adjustments downward. FXAA is all you really need at this resolution and display size, & doesn't blur textures/etc. as much due to the nature of the algorithm since it has more pixel space to work with (looks great stationary, but jaw-droppingly-amazing in motion).

I can't run full Ultra for example on my oc'd GTX 780 with a good overclock (1202mhz core at the moment with 7.2ghz memory) and maintain 50+ fps at all times using FXAA, but if I dial down a handful of settings a notch or two (still resulting in 95-98% of the quality visibly during gameplay without zooming in 400% on a screenshot) it is enough so far to get everything to run as I want. The overall net quality is an incredible improvement over 1440p with Ultra regardless. There's a definite, noticeable slowdown in motion and responsiveness if you drop below 55-60fps, no ifs ands or buts about it for me, however. So, the more horsepower you can throw at this the better!

Other than that there are very minor MST quirks like rarely (maybe 1 in 50 times I launch a game) needing to turn the monitor off then back on because the two halves don't change over properly into the full-screen exclusive mode (always fixes it), or turning the monitor on while a screensaver has been running and the screensaver shows in a small box at the top left of the screen unless I move the mouse before the monitor fully powers on, that kinda thing. Nothing really of note but they are there. Those are the two main ones that I really run into at all. I'm pretty sure there's an issue with 4K on BF4 since sometimes if I alt-tab out of it from full-screen exclusive mode it will give an error saying it was unable to resync the display resolution in a driver error box, but other games don't do that on me so far. That's really about it .

I got the monitor for a vastly lower amount than the going rate (and still brand new in box), still was expensive but worth every last penny. I was slightly concerned that the resolution jump (and in my case, size downgrade from 27" to 24") wouldn't be worth it but it was even better of a change than I'd hoped for by far. The size isn't really noticeable to me now that I've used it a little while, particularly just sliding the screen forward an inch on my desk helped with that a lot. The stand on the UP2414Q is awesome, rock-solid & easily adjustable, so I definitely give props to Dell on the build quality of this screen and stand combo overall.

Xtreme Addict
    I don't have any insider information, and I don't trust rumors.

Here's my comment. If GM107 and GM108 were released around March 2014, why would something named GM204 (instead of GM104) be released so many months later and NOT be 20nm? Rhetorical food for though.

If I knew 20nm would be delayed and highly demanded by Apple, I'm move *some* of the next generation back to 28nm, just as Nvidia is rumored to have done. Those chips are already in stores.

Xtreme Member
    Oh, it's native 4k 60hz . I can't wait to see maxwell .
    I meant, I run upscale res.

It does make quiet a bit of difference, maybe not as good as 4K native but it is up there.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by bamtan2 View Post
    I don't have any insider information, and I don't trust rumors.

Here's my comment. If GM107 and GM108 were released around March 2014, why would something named GM204 (instead of GM104) be released so many months later and NOT be 20nm? Rhetorical food for though.

If I knew 20nm would be delayed and highly demanded by Apple, I'm move *some* of the next generation back to 28nm, just as Nvidia is rumored to have done. Those chips are already in stores.
    That is an excellent point there.

I meant, I run upscale res.

It does make quiet a bit of difference, maybe not as good as 4K native but it is up there.
    Ahhh, gotcha misunderstood what you meant. Yeah, supersampling does make a nice difference even on a non-native display .

Xtreme Member
    The word of a mouph is that NV is waiting until AIB partners clean up their 700s stock. Then the Maxwell announcement will be made. I find it right, as there were a lot of g GKs that went to AIB storage. With the recent GTX 740, proving this point.

Xtreme Addict
    The word of a mouph is that NV is waiting until AIB partners clean up their 700s stock. Then the Maxwell announcement will be made. I find it right, as there were a lot of g GKs that went to AIB storage. With the recent GTX 740, proving this point.
    That makes perfect sense given that we keep seeing some models out of stock now and sales keep happening on the 780 and ti a lot now.

Nerdy Powerlifter
    Golden Tiger, you're talking me into getting that monitor. I have two NEC 1600p IPS monitors that are just amazing. If the color quality is the same, 2160p would be sick for productivity & gaming.

I have a GTX 690, so I guess the only thing slowing me down is vram. It's tempting man. You could easily run ads for that monitor. You sold me!
    You must [not] advance.

Current Rig: i7 4790k @ stock (**** TIM!) , Zotac GTX 1080 WC'd 2214mhz core / 5528mhz Mem, Asus z-97 Deluxe

Heatware

Xtreme Member
    That makes perfect sense given that we keep seeing some models out of stock now and sales keep happening on the 780 and ti a lot now.
    I remember, last year it took a few weeks to do that. Maybe ~3weeks this time round.

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by [XC] Synthetickiller View Post
    I have two NEC 1600p IPS monitors that are just amazing. If the color quality is the same, 2160p would be sick for productivity & gaming.
    I am personally waiting for something bigger (like this) which will allow me to keep 100% scaling. Scaling problems are a ... At least with Windows and Linux.
    Donate to XS forums
    Quote Originally Posted by jayhall0315 View Post
    If you are really extreme, you never let informed facts or the scientific method hold you back from your journey to the wrong answer.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by [XC] Synthetickiller View Post
    Golden Tiger, you're talking me into getting that monitor. I have two NEC 1600p IPS monitors that are just amazing. If the color quality is the same, 2160p would be sick for productivity & gaming.

I have a GTX 690, so I guess the only thing slowing me down is vram. It's tempting man. You could easily run ads for that monitor. You sold me!
    Yeah the color quality on these is excellent... I was also happy with the overall uniformity of the panel's brightness (there's a compensation mode but it comes at a sacrifice in picture quality and I'm not using it). Comes pre-calibrated with really well-done settings for its main mode, too.

Quote Originally Posted by zalbard View Post
    I am personally waiting for something bigger (like this) which will allow me to keep 100% scaling. Scaling problems are a ... At least with Windows and Linux.
    Comments like this made me scared, too, when looking at getting the UP2414Q since it's a 24" 4k 60hz monitor, but I was pleasantly surprised to find that with the 200% scaling it's, with very little exception, completely fine and without issue in regards to the scaling under Windows 8.1. I'm guessing most people who are talking about the scaling issues don't actually own these panels. I almost didn't buy mine due to those kinds of remarks but went ahead anyway due to the price figuring I'd sell it off if it really didn't work out for me.

I remember, last year it took a few weeks to do that. Maybe ~3weeks this time round.
    Exactly, that's the exact same kind of sales trend I'm noticing again now happening, so I'm optimistic that we will see something in a few weeks if we're going to any time soon.
    Last edited by GoldenTiger; 06-15-2014 at 01:22 PM.

I am Xtreme
    Comments like this made me scared, too, when looking at getting the UP2414Q since it's a 24" 4k 60hz monitor, but I was pleasantly surprised to find that with the 200% scaling it's, with very little exception, completely fine and without issue in regards to the scaling under Windows 8.1.
    Or maybe they use a scaling factor other 200%? There is no rocket science about 200% scaling, you just double every pixel in the worst case, or do a little bilinear interpolation, and everything looks great.

Also, the OS is fine. But the apps? Completely different story.

Source: I own a high DPI screen.

I'm guessing most people who are talking about the scaling issues don't actually own these panels.
    And every reviewer that mentions this issue is lying. Right...
    Donate to XS forums
    If you are really extreme, you never let informed facts or the scientific method hold you back from your journey to the wrong answer.

c[_]
    Depends on what you're doing. Scaling (at a reasonable setting) in 3d applications isnt going to hurt image quality as the textures/angles/etc are never seen on a perfect square face-on perspective really but you can hurt video sometimes.

Mind linking to one of those reviewers? I'd like to look at what exactly they're complaining about.

All along the watchtower the watchmen watch the eternal return.

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by STEvil View Post
    Depends on what you're doing. Scaling (at a reasonable setting) in 3d applications isnt going to hurt image quality as the textures/angles/etc are never seen on a perfect square face-on perspective really but you can hurt video sometimes.

Mind linking to one of those reviewers? I'd like to look at what exactly they're complaining about.
    For gaming, downscaling works great (except, perhaps, for some text).

Displaying images, videos (great for upscaling movies) and 3D / CAD models at 4K with 100% scaling is great as well.

But on another hand, when using scaling UI can be a mess, and text may also be blurred.

See this, this, and an excellent article here.

One of the "solutions" is to use 200% scaling, but then (for UI elements, at least) you get as much screen space as you would with a 1080p screen.

Or use 100% scaling, then you get a lot of work space. But it requires a big screen. :-)

Applications are getting there, but slowly - I estimate at least half of the apps I have installed are not high-DPI aware.
    Last edited by zalbard; 06-16-2014 at 02:13 AM.
    Donate to XS forums

Xtreme Addict

Applications are getting there, but slowly - I estimate at least half of the apps I have installed are not high-DPI aware.
    As you mention, the "problem" is for the appliccations, the professional one are "slowly "updated, and for some other, sadly i think it can take some times... Ofc, professionnal softwares ( 3D / CAD, images editing ), you can set the scaling the way you want. ( or if you like it better, set the UI the way you want, replace icon size, remade it completely, scales every aspect separetely ( i think to Autodesk suites )... It need some work, but you do it 1 time and then you export it ..
    CPU: - I7 4930K (EK Supremacy )
    GPU: - 2x AMD HD7970 flashed GHZ bios ( EK Acetal Nickel Waterblock H2o)
    Motherboard: Asus x79 Deluxe
    RAM: G-skill Ares C9 2133mhz 16GB
    Main Storage: Samsung 840EVO 500GB / 2x Crucial RealSSD C300 Raid0

Xtreme Addict
    Or maybe they use a scaling factor other 200%? There is no rocket science about 200% scaling, you just double every pixel in the worst case, or do a little bilinear interpolation, and everything looks great.

Also, the OS is fine. But the apps? Completely different story.

Source: I own a high DPI screen.

And every reviewer that mentions this issue is lying. Right...
    Um, yeah, no need to be hostile and make false accusations bud. All I said is from my own experience I do not agree. NNothing was said of lying at all, that was in your imagination.

Regarding 200pct vs 150 scaling again that works fine too, it just is smaller l, still works fine. And I use a wide wide variety of professional applications from modeling to rendering to coding to game middleware, to coding and office, excel, and photo editing and substances, and all of it is completely usable and looks great with barely any flaws to note as I said.

People are way too hyperbolic and picky. And what screen do you own? This discussion was about 4k monitors, not just a 1440p which is much lower res, well under half.

I already went over all of this though, in the posts you were responding to anyway... so not sure where you're going with this whole discussion.
    Last edited by GoldenTiger; 06-16-2014 at 10:38 AM.

Xtreme Guru
    It was absolutely worth it over my X-Star DP2710 (same monitor), which I had running at 96hz generally to keep color uniformity better (it could run 110hz fine and did for months though). The color quality and all is a noticeable amount better, hardly a huge different but I can see it. The resolution is absolutely amazing and really brings things up a ton, both for gaming and desktop use.

Games are absolutely unreal running at 60hz in "game" mode (which improves input lag & response time significantly to where I don't notice them in the slightest, and it feels just about as responsive as 96hz did but a tad more blur in quick motion) with software adjustments to improve the color accuracy back towards the pre-calibrated normal mode. It's a dream... everything is just so much more detailed and the virtual depth you feel to the picture improves drastically, distant objects stay razor sharp and you see more of textures on anything in sight due to having more screen space/texel area for the games to display them in. Not every game is going to look perfect with it but the vast vast majority look incredibly better (I've owned the monitor for a few weeks now, so I'm not saying it out of "just unpacked it and in honeymoon" feeling ).

Desktop use is likewise great, text clarity is easier to read and everything looks generally great. I run at 200% DPI setting under Windows 8.1, and it's been almost entirely smooth sailing. I use a very large variety of applications, stretching from web design to game content creation & programming, and while virtually everything works perfectly, Maya's icons are a little smaller than I'd like but text size is adjustable via a config file edit (not a big deal but it would be nice if they had higher options), and Photoshop is horrifically small (but a new version is due out this month probably alongside the Surface Pro 3, which should solve this by allowing the UI to scale, from the news I've read).

General random little utilities/apps almost all respect the proper pixel-doubling for their icons and text looks perfect on them since they just are done by Windows (GPU-Z for example or Aida64, and many other small programs). Steam goes into full pixel-doubling mode including text, but I don't spend much time looking at it anyway as I use it for a games launcher basically... Origin doesn't naturally scale but it has large enough sizing options that it looks great for the game box view and the menus are legible.

Performance needed is brutal but not obscene. Generally the same settings at 1440p that would get me 90-110fps will run at 55-65fps @ 4k with slight adjustments downward. FXAA is all you really need at this resolution and display size, & doesn't blur textures/etc. as much due to the nature of the algorithm since it has more pixel space to work with (looks great stationary, but jaw-droppingly-amazing in motion).

I can't run full Ultra for example on my oc'd GTX 780 with a good overclock (1202mhz core at the moment with 7.2ghz memory) and maintain 50+ fps at all times using FXAA, but if I dial down a handful of settings a notch or two (still resulting in 95-98% of the quality visibly during gameplay without zooming in 400% on a screenshot) it is enough so far to get everything to run as I want. The overall net quality is an incredible improvement over 1440p with Ultra regardless. There's a definite, noticeable slowdown in motion and responsiveness if you drop below 55-60fps, no ifs ands or buts about it for me, however. So, the more horsepower you can throw at this the better!

Other than that there are very minor MST quirks like rarely (maybe 1 in 50 times I launch a game) needing to turn the monitor off then back on because the two halves don't change over properly into the full-screen exclusive mode (always fixes it), or turning the monitor on while a screensaver has been running and the screensaver shows in a small box at the top left of the screen unless I move the mouse before the monitor fully powers on, that kinda thing. Nothing really of note but they are there. Those are the two main ones that I really run into at all. I'm pretty sure there's an issue with 4K on BF4 since sometimes if I alt-tab out of it from full-screen exclusive mode it will give an error saying it was unable to resync the display resolution in a driver error box, but other games don't do that on me so far. That's really about it .

I got the monitor for a vastly lower amount than the going rate (and still brand new in box), still was expensive but worth every last penny. I was slightly concerned that the resolution jump (and in my case, size downgrade from 27" to 24") wouldn't be worth it but it was even better of a change than I'd hoped for by far. The size isn't really noticeable to me now that I've used it a little while, particularly just sliding the screen forward an inch on my desk helped with that a lot. The stand on the UP2414Q is awesome, rock-solid & easily adjustable, so I definitely give props to Dell on the build quality of this screen and stand combo overall.
    Sounds like a great panel then. I personally can't justify spending $1k on a 24" screen, but perhaps once the prices fall I'll go for either a 30" monitor or just buy one of the 4k TVs that are native 60 hz
    Quote Originally Posted by Hans de Vries View Post

JF-AMD posting: IPC increases!!!!!!! How many times did I tell you!!!

.....}
    until (interrupt by Movieman)

Regards, Hans

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast