View Poll Results: Will you buy GTX BLUE "F" Moon?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, take my moneyz

6 23.08%
  • Nope, I will pass

6 23.08%
  • Dont know, but I do look forward to it!

11 42.31%
  • Dont know, I am not interested at the moment

3 11.54%
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Updated 2nd Time: Maxwell 800 series GPUs will be "quiet" powerful.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanek View Post
    ( was thinking to tiled space ressources used in Forward+ render method ( but quite not the same so i have remove it, my error ( have need read the patent ( i hate read patent even if one time this one is most clear than we are used to. ) .. As for the first gen, i need to trust peoples who know the architecture well better than me . Dunno if they have been quick to go to this assumption or not.

Thanks, great stuff actually.

This feature should be useful for high res gaming.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldenTiger View Post
    Only nvidia this round. I've bought too many ati/amd cards over the years that fell flat due to poor drivers for me to consider them again until I hear a few releases have happened with great driver quality. Last time was the hd 7970 which was a waste for me. Add in wanting shadow play, physx, and better 3d application support for working with, and it's no contest for me.

Edit.... just hope I can mount my clc with kraken g10 I. E. The mounting holes stayed the same.
    Yea, Amd sux with drivers.

How many 880s are you gonna grab at launch?

I am in for 3 if Z sells well :p

Xtreme Addict
    "Just" one or two, likely one since I need to conserve some cash for awhile (2 if I can make it work though!). I noticed Manuel G commenting that the r340 branch will be short lived .... maybe because a new one is coming soon for the gtx 800 series ?

Xtreme Member
    "Just" one or two, likely one since I need to conserve some cash for awhile (2 if I can make it work though!). I noticed Manuel G commenting that the r340 branch will be short lived .... maybe because a new one is coming soon for the gtx 800 series ?
    Manial G, r 340 branch, what are you referring to?

Can I have a link plz.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by SinOfLiberty View Post
    Manial G, r 340 branch, what are you referring to?

Can I have a link plz.
    Sure... . And yes, it is in a thread about the 340.43 beta driver set.
    http://www.overclock.net/t/1496484/n...#post_22446079

6/20/14 at 6:56am
    ManuelG_at_NVIDIA

nVidia Enthusiast
    Hardware Rep

Rep: 24 (Unique: 14)

It will be in our next driver branch. Although I can't give exact date, this current driver branch is a short branch.
    Last edited by GoldenTiger; 06-21-2014 at 12:52 PM.

Xtreme Member
    Thanks.

I don't think it is related. Shadow play fix, etc... But, how often do they release new drivers starting late April?

Xtreme Addict
    Dunno, was more wishful speculation /conspiracy theories than anything . Just looking forward to knowing when I can lay paws on a pair of these (or 1 if it ends up being that) .

Xtreme Member
    Out of curiosity, what is your main source to keep in touch with the latest and greatest?

Xtreme Addict
    Out of curiosity, what is your main source to keep in touch with the latest and greatest?
    I'm just a guy with a good shovel... . This is one of the places the good info tends to pop up first though .

Xtreme Member
    I'm just a guy with a good shovel... .

I like interesting news too.

Xtreme Member
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkeCNeHcmXY Music Video performed by Maxwell GTX 880.

I need to get some sleeperino now, it was great to be here. Good night.

Xtreme Member
    [pcper] Interview: AMD's Richard Huddy

http://www.pcper.com/news/General-Te...-4pm-ET-1pm-PT

AMD might have done better with release drivers if NV did not hide the code.
    Last edited by SinOfLiberty; 06-22-2014 at 01:28 PM.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    [pcper] Interview: AMD's Richard Huddy

http://www.pcper.com/news/General-Te...-4pm-ET-1pm-PT

Very good point, AMD might have done better with release drivers if NV did not hide the code.
    Except they don't need source code to optimise and they themselves don't release the "source code" of Mantle, True Audio etc etc to Nvidia or Intel so pot, kettle & black comes to mind. Also Huddy is a lying PR guy who makes things up in one interview then "clarifies" it the next day for another interview. A few people have said AMD's software would be much improved if they stopped sending their marketing team too much cash.

On topic though, TSMC 20nm must be the biggest joke in the industry since VIA said they'd compete in x86. At least both AMD & Nvidia are able to make the most of 28nm still, though I am hoping the 880 won't be over 500mm2.

Xtreme Addict
    So true and well stated, Deathreborn

I'd rep you if this forum used that system .

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DeathReborn View Post
    Except they don't need source code to optimise and they themselves don't release the "source code" of Mantle, True Audio etc etc to Nvidia or Intel so pot, kettle & black comes to mind. Also Huddy is a lying PR guy who makes things up in one interview then "clarifies" it the next day for another interview. A few people have said AMD's software would be much improved if they stopped sending their marketing team too much cash.

On topic though, TSMC 20nm must be the biggest joke in the industry since VIA said they'd compete in x86. At least both AMD & Nvidia are able to make the most of 28nm still, though I am hoping the 880 won't be over 500mm2.
    Why are you talking about Mantle? AMD drivers are behind due to this BS, NV does. Someone has spoiled it and you say it is wrong? lol

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LordEC911 View Post
    Is there some sort of hidden thread that can justify a Titan ?
    FIFY. Meanwhile Fail Titan(vanilla) and Titan Black get spanked by 780/Ti-which is proven. It is a bit different this time.
    Last edited by SinOfLiberty; 06-22-2014 at 01:27 PM.

Xtreme Member
    i dunno if it's just me but I feel like this entire thread is just pure troll speculation and a way for him to brag about his stuff and how he gets it for free. Every few days when it dies down, miraculously there is something to update the OP with. Sorry, not trying to be negative but some how every post comes back to him, followed by his opinion. This is the NEWS SECTION
    Iron Lung 3.0 | Intel Core i7 6800k @ 4ghz | 32gb G.SKILL RIPJAW V DDR4-3200 @16-16-16-36 | ASUS ROG STRIX X99 GAMING + ASUS ROG GeForce GTX 1070 STRIX GAMING | Samsung 960 Pro 512GB + Samsung 840 EVO + 4TB HDD | 55" Samsung KS8000 + 30" Dell u3011 via Displayport - @ 6400x2160

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by DeathReborn View Post
    They will be releasing the "source code" of Mantle once it is fully ready and out of beta, i.e. the timeline right now for the SDK is before the end of 2014.
    People whine that AMD didn't have any marketing or Dev relations. AMD vastly improves their marketing and Dev relations. People whine that AMD is taking too much cash from their hardware/software engineering to fund the marketing and Dev relations...
    Originally Posted by motown_steve
    Every genocide that was committed during the 20th century has been preceded by the disarmament of the target population. Once the government outlaws your guns your life becomes a luxury afforded to you by the state. You become a tool to benefit the state. Should you cease to benefit the state or even worse become an annoyance or even a hindrance to the state then your life becomes more trouble than it is worth.

Once the government outlaws your guns your life is forfeit. You're already dead, it's just a question of when they are going to get around to you.

Xtreme Guru
    FIFY. Meanwhile Fail Titan(vanilla) and Titan Black get spanked by 780/Ti-which is proven. It is a bit different this time.
    Well it's rather simple actually, Titan is designed specifically for GPGPU purposes. A few of my friends bought them solely to take advantage of Matlab's GPU toolbox to do large scale vector calculations.

In that regard it's actually a steal. You effectively get quadro performance at a fraction of the price.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hans de Vries View Post

JF-AMD posting: IPC increases!!!!!!! How many times did I tell you!!!

terrace215 post: IPC decreases, The more I post the more it decreases.
    .....}
    until (interrupt by Movieman)

Regards, Hans

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AliG View Post
    Well it's rather simple actually, Titan is designed specifically for GPGPU purposes. A few of my friends bought them solely to take advantage of Matlab's GPU toolbox to do large scale vector calculations.

In that regard it's actually a steal. You effectively get quadro performance at a fraction of the price.
    It is quiet an overstatement in your comparison.

GTX Titan had the same performance as 780 in some games. And people were still saying how it was the best buy, while crapping on 780.

Xtreme Guru
    It is quiet an overstatement in your comparison.

GTX Titan had the same performance as 780 in some games. And people were still saying how it was the best buy, while crapping on 780.
    No its not. I re-iterate, the main point of titan is that it has much better DP float performance and offers tremendous value in GPGPU applications. GTX 780 ti was specifically designed for gaming, and has a different niche market.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hans de Vries View Post

JF-AMD posting: IPC increases!!!!!!! How many times did I tell you!!!

.....}
    until (interrupt by Movieman)

Regards, Hans

Xtreme Member
    Quadro will destroy Titan.

780 Ti is not for a niche market. There are as many people who bought 780 as there are who bought Ti. Titan on the other hand is for this market.

Xtreme Member
    Quadro will destroy Titan.

780 Ti is not for a niche market. There are as many people who bought 780 as there are who bought Ti. Titan on the other hand is for this market.

Xtreme XIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenknics View Post
    i dunno if it's just me but I feel like this entire thread is just pure troll speculation and a way for him to brag about his stuff and how he gets it for free. Every few days when it dies down, miraculously there is something to update the OP with. Sorry, not trying to be negative but some how every post comes back to him, followed by his opinion. This is the NEWS SECTION
    +1 completely agree. + posting 3 and 4 times in a row within 2 to 3 minutes time , making a new post every time instead of writing in the last post he made is just pure trolling , this tread has derailed many times also , one post follow by other and another and another .... and so on by the same person ! This is the NEWS SECTION not Facebook !
    Last edited by chispy; 06-24-2014 at 12:55 PM.

Xtreme Addict
    baah, 5post more about maxwell and he got a second TitanZ for free lol . ( im sure you can still find some youtube song video with maxwell in the title ). ( i joke and dont want say that it is the case, but this thread start to look more and more like an internet marketing campaign like we have seen by the past here. ).
    Last edited by Lanek; 06-24-2014 at 01:33 PM.
    CPU: - I7 4930K (EK Supremacy )
    GPU: - 2x AMD HD7970 flashed GHZ bios ( EK Acetal Nickel Waterblock H2o)
    Motherboard: Asus x79 Deluxe
    RAM: G-skill Ares C9 2133mhz 16GB
    Main Storage: Samsung 840EVO 500GB / 2x Crucial RealSSD C300 Raid0

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast