Thread: Vented My PC To My Attic

Xtreme Member

Vented My PC To My Attic

Version 2.0 could definitely be a lot better but you don't always think of everything on your 'prototype'. It would be better if I made it out of all one solid box instead of a pieced together abomination but it seems to be doing the job I have yet to go into the attic and place my hands or a temperature probe in the ducts up there and see what temps are floating around but I no longer feel all the radiant heat from this computer, the PSU was basically exhausting right toward my legs/desk area. For those wondering I have three 120mm fans that are attempting to push the hot air up through the 6'' ducts, heat rises naturally so I'm hoping that helps my cause.
    If anyone is interested in fitness and/or nutrition hit me up if you'd like advice getting your girlish figure back I'm nearing 10 years of experience, how time flies.

Did you make holes in ceiling or using existing? rather odd mod but it makes sense.
    Intel 9990XE @ 5.1Ghz
    ASUS Rampage VI Extreme Omega
    GTX 2080 ti Galax Hall of Fame
    64GB Galax Hall of Fame
    Intel Optane
    Platimax 1245W

Intel 3175X
    Asus Dominus Extreme
    GRX 1080ti Galax Hall of Fame
    96GB Patriot Steel
    Intel Optane 900P RAID

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FUGGER View Post
    Did you make holes in ceiling or using existing? rather odd mod but it makes sense.

I made holes. Had this room been remodeled I wouldn't have 'ruined' it more but it's old plaster up there so I figured who cares, cutting through that and the wood lathes with a jab saw was such a mess but I'm happy with the results so far Won't be sweating too much this Summer. If I can spare money I'll be buying myself an all mesh chair as well.
    If anyone is interested in fitness and/or nutrition hit me up if you'd like advice getting your girlish figure back I'm nearing 10 years of experience, how time flies.

Xtreme Cruncher
    why not just exhaust out the window?
    Fold for XS!
    You know you want to

are you married ?
    if so lucky man :-)

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by [XC] Lead Head View Post
    why not just exhaust out the window?
    Rain, snow, wind just to name a few reasons, there are many more.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by darkage View Post
    are you married ?
    if so lucky man :-)
    Just about, I've been with my GF for over a year and I've known her since we were 17, if there was a woman I'd marry it'd be this one. If the time does come that we own a place together she knows her place

Xtreme Cruncher
    Polkies!! RTI? 8?
    i3-8100 | GTX 970
    Ryzen 5 1600 | RX 580
    Assume nothing; Question everything

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingcarcas View Post
    Polkies!! RTI? 8?
    Yes sir, barely fit in the car haha. I also have a Sunfire True EQ10 paired with them.