Thread: Do you have any idea what could be causing this in my Sims 3 game?

Xtreme Member

Do you have any idea what could be causing this in my Sims 3 game?

I really can't explain it, you'll have to see. That's why I've attached the image.

The land is non existent and the water isn't water, it's blue, yes but that's about it.

I have a geforce 770 not overclocked. I've tried everything I can find on the net but nothing fixes it, even pny doesn't know whats causing it. I was hoping you might have an idea. A setting issue that I'm not thinking of or something? It's like the card isn't recognized, only I followed instructions on the web and the game is saying that it recognizes it now.

Crunching For The Points! NKrader's Avatar
    what happens when you zoom in to a normal play distance

Xtreme Member
    Same thing. The distance doesn't seem to matter.

Crunching For The Points! NKrader's Avatar
    bad texture? try re installing it?

Xtreme Addict
    I assume other games work fine? I'd use MSI Afterburner and drop the core/mem clocks significantly just to rule that out, unless games/benches work fine with no artifacting.

Like NK said though, I expect it's a bad game file.
    i5 2500K @ 4.9GHz+ 8GB G-Skill RipJaws DDR3-2000 @1600Mhz CAS 6 Asus P8P67 Pro CrossFire 6970's @ 950/1450
    Xeon X5677 @ 4.5Ghz 6GB G-Skill RipJaws DDR3-2000 @1600Mhz CAS 7 Gigabyte EX58-UD5 4870x2
    i7-880 @ 4.2Ghz+ (still playing) 4GB G-Skill RipJaws DDR3-2000 @2300Mhz CAS 9 Asus Maximus III Formula MSI Hawk 5770

Xtreme Member
    Oh yes, everything other game is just fine. I think I reinstalled it once before when this first happened but I'll do it again just to be sure. This is soooooo incredibly aggravating.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Updated drivers? Do you have anything like Fraps or any kind of game overlay program installed?
    Fold for XS!
    You know you want to

Xtreme Member
    I spent the last 8 hours messing with this game. It's been reloaded twice, and I've gone through updating all drivers twice, completely deleted all registry entries twice, messed with all the settings several times to get the graphics card recognized, and now it seems to be FINALLY working. I don't even know what did it, just that its finally working and that I have a massive headache. Took three months, several reloads, messing with settings, and its finally working. Never had this much trouble getting any game to work before.

I'm actually scared to load the expansions lol.

Thanks guys.
    Last edited by moiraesfate; 05-17-2014 at 03:23 PM.