Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Thread: ASUS Z97 Motherboards - Official Support Thread

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by PatRaceTin View Post
    Any news about Asus Z97 Extreme ? ( I see only Z97 Formula ).

No plans for Z97 Extreme. That may change at some point, but for now, there is nothing coming.
    ASUS North America Technical Marketing - If you are based outside North America and require technical assistance or have a query please contact ASUS Support for your region.

Rampage IV Extreme tweaking guide

ASUS Z77 UEFI Tuning Guide for overclocking

Maximus 5 Gene OC Guide

Maximus VI Series UEFI OC Guide

Xtreme Enthusiast
    IMC and handling tests on Maximus VII Impact, also trying to get used to Z97
    PSC, IMC voltages ~1,1v SA, 1,15 IOs

Samsungs, Vdimm not optimized, same SA and IO

Board does a good job, boxed cooler is not ideal to optimize but I am quite happy about the purchase

Xtreme Member
    Some quick test on cold PSC Asus MI7,board works very well under cold conditions,still working the board out for stability as its first time Ive really used Asus and I have lot to learn,rtls and iols ran a little off didn't really have time to test further in this session as I would like to prep board insulation a little better for longer benching,will post some more results soon

Only second time Ive used these particular PSC on cold
    Would really like to thank Asus for the board

Hi Raja,
    Could you enlighten as to successfully booting via "Selective Boot", aka Pressing F8 before Windows Bootup.

Have an Asus Z97 Deluxe [without the NFC & Thunderbolt II] and have tried combinations of CSM [Legacy or OPROM, etc] but no matter what I've tried, when I select F8 to boot from an USB [UEFI or "Std"], the Asus will ONLY boot from what the BIOS pre-selected options were and ignore F8 altogether. As such, should I want to successfully boot from an USB drive, I have to firstly ensure that the BIOS boot selection points to the USB drive concerned and then the bootup will be successful.

Please point to where I've gone wrong. All advice with details will be gratefully accepted. Thank you.

Xtreme X.I.P.
    I usually just enter UEFI and navigate the the BOOT menu>BOOT override and just press enter on the drive I wish to BOOT from.
    ASUS North America Technical Marketing - If you are based outside North America and require technical assistance or have a query please contact ASUS Support for your region.

Rampage IV Extreme tweaking guide

ASUS Z77 UEFI Tuning Guide for overclocking

Maximus 5 Gene OC Guide

Maximus VI Series UEFI OC Guide

Quote Originally Posted by Raja@ASUS View Post
    I usually just enter UEFI and navigate the the BOOT menu>BOOT override and just press enter on the drive I wish to BOOT from.
    That is a neater and faster way to change to the boot drive although this might mean that F8 is somewhat broken?

Another question, please.

Will the Asus Z87-K [not the new Z97-K] be able to accept the Pentium K "Anniversary" G3258 CPU without having to have an older compatible CPU to upgrade the BIOS to the latest in order to use the G3258? Been offered a real cheapo Asus Z87-K for the G3258 left spare around after testing.

Thanks.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by cir108 View Post
    Will the Asus Z87-K [not the new Z97-K] be able to accept the Pentium K "Anniversary" G3258 CPU without having to have an older compatible CPU to upgrade the BIOS to the latest in order to use the G3258? Been offered a real cheapo Asus Z87-K for the G3258 left spare around after testing.

Thanks.
    Hello

The G3258 is supported with BIOS version 1302 or newer on the Z87-K.

Thank you Praz. Don't have an older CPU to update the BIOS which then limit these older MBs upgradability.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by cir108 View Post
    Thank you Praz. Don't have an older CPU to update the BIOS which then limit these older MBs upgradability.
    Hello

You're welcome.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Just a general question for Raja (or anyone else with recent experience)...is Asus requiring proof of purchase for motherboard warranty, or is the serial number option still available?
    In memory of Gracie, my sweet, sweet wife and mother of my children. Darling, we will miss you dearly. May you rest in peace (born to this world on March 30, 1976; went to her Heavenly Father on Good Friday, April 22, 2011).

http://animoto.com/play/E0wFhd6tN0nA...ent=challenger

Heat

Xtreme Member
    So I finally got around to testing the M7I tonight,was my second time on cold memory's, my first a temp on cold memory's I wasnt quite sure on training rtls and few other things.My main goal tonight was to work on training of the rtls.

The board seems to be able to train rtls very tight as well as few other things,will work on getting some 32M passes soon as i come more familiar with the board

PSC gskill 2000 cl6 kit 2.2v in these test,kit will scale to 2.28v,save that for another day,temps -150
    Latency A-B both 1-1 and Latency compensator Enabled

2856Mhz 5-10-5-21 rtls 35-36

2856Mhz 6-9-6-21 rtls 35-36

1427MHz 5-10-5 and 6-9-6? Very nice!

Save some validations of those crazy clocks!

Quote Originally Posted by chew* View Post
    You can never have enough D9's.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Don_Dan View Post
    1427MHz 5-10-5 and 6-9-6? Very nice!

Save some validations of those crazy clocks!
    Thanks mate, yeah will have to try some validations soon

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456