Thread: Sticky voltages on Asus Maximus Impact

Xtreme Member

Sticky voltages on Asus Maximus Impact

Does anyone know why my voltage is sticky? Here's what's happening:

Latest Bios for my Maximus Impact.

Started from default settings then did the following:

CSM support off, Fast boot enabled, Rapid Start enabled, CPU Fan set to Ignore.

Multi Core enhancement Off, Sync All Cores at 45x, turn off EIST and disable C States, set vcore to 1.258XX or something, Ring min and max set to 36x, ring voltage is on Auto.

Here's the problem, my vcore does not get set to whatever I set it to in the Bios, depending on how low or high I go, it jumps from 1.248 to 1.264, to 1.280, to 1.296. So if I set it somewhere in between, it will simply go to one of these Vcores depending on what my chosen number is closest to. This is reflected in the BIOS and within Windows.

Is this normal operation for Z87 or Haswell?
    4770K Batch 3312B707 Costa Rica l Asus Maximus VI Impact 1404 l Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1866 l EVGA GTX 680 4GB

PI in the face
    dont read vcore within bios or with cpuz need DMM for real doesnt matter anyways does it?
    Quote Originally Posted by L0ud View Post
    So many opinions and so few screenshots

Xtreme Member
    Maximus Impact doesn't have voltage pins for a DMM, unfortunately.

Anyway here is what Raja from Asus had to say (from [H] forums)

Depends on the nearest VID code and the internal FIVR LLC. UEFI simply programs VID to the internal FIVR - which determines what the actual voltage will be.
    4770K Batch 3312B707 Costa Rica l Asus Maximus VI Impact 1404 l Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1866 l EVGA GTX 680 4GB