Thread: BF4 joystick fix(es)

c[_]

BF4 joystick fix(es)

Is there one? This is seriously retarded that they havent fixed the issues yet...

All along the watchtower the watchmen watch the eternal return.

Xtreme Addict
    This isn't the answer you're gonna wanna hear but you gotta customize the mapping ingame ^^.
    All the battlefield games are that way.

These are the only games I have probs with.
    I managed to get all my games working with the same xbcd and x360ce configs, except for the battlefields.
    I used to have separate configs for each handful of games but now they're all the same, figured that out when I built my brothers pc this last christmas.
    Though it did not work out the same on mine, in the end it was some windows tweaks that screwed up x360ce a bit on some games.

And yeah I use xbcd and x360ce, the microsoft drivers don't really work for anything.

If you want my config files just holler at me.
    But when it comes to say bfbc2, bf3 or bf4, well, I'm in the same boat as you.
    You just gotta painstakingly remap the thing ingame.

I looked up the issue for bf3, since I don't have bf4 installed right now, it's issue 666.
    And it really doesn't help any, the latest x360ce setup has it in mind but there's no fix or anything.
    https://code.google.com/p/x360ce/issues/detail?id=666

If you manage to find a fix lemme know.
    Otherwise I'm gonna have to get someone over here that has played it on the 360 to tell me what each button was for one at a time.

Latest xbcd is here:
    http://vba-m.com/forum/Thread-xbcd-0...be-posted-here
    It has it's bugs though.

There's a japanese driver I haven't tested yet though, supposedly it doesn't have the rumble bugs and lets you map the big button in the middle on the 360 controller.

I've been working on this controller crap for 3 years ^^, since the night before my mom died :\.
    I still shake my head over that, wishing I would of checked up on her.
    Ohwell that's offtopic and in the past.

Anyways I had gave up on it for about a year and when I tried working on it again I found I couldn't even get skyrim working with it, even though that night I had it working.
    Eh I got it working now anyways, still haven't played skyrim since.
    Never did play bf3 at all, though I did beat bf4.
    Last time I updated it, it caused it to crash on startup every other time I went to start it.
    I beat it and gave it up, was not to impressed with it.

Sigh, reminds me, I went and got re6 for my cousin and we never played it, forgot all about that...
    Anyways sorry for the offtopic.

But anyways, if you need any help at all on any OTHER game lol, I can probably set you up .
    What kind of controller do you have btw?

c[_]
    Not trying to use a gamepad, or xbox controller for that matter, just a normal flight stick.

The problem is the game maps dont match the standard windows maps so for example you have to map trigger 1 to throttle+ in game to be linked to the throttle control on the stick, but the map acts as on/off only instead of allowing a range of motion from the axis input of the stick. This also causes other issues in that when using certain joystick buttons you lose input from other buttons and if you have anything from the joystick mapped for soldier/vehicle control you can lose the inputs to them from the keyboard or mouse due to the joystick over-riding them...

Its really quite scary that Dice has had this issue pretty much since BF2 and hasnt fixed it yet.

All along the watchtower the watchmen watch the eternal return.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by STEvil View Post
    Its really quite scary that Dice has had this issue pretty much since BF2 and hasnt fixed it yet.
    Dear STEvil, what can I say. DICE is not a dependable developer, just that. Nobody should give them money.
    It's just one of the many bugs they never cared to fix.

Xtreme Addict
    The joystick being overridden by the kb/mouse can be fixed somewhat, I had that exact prob on re6.

The throttle probs you talk about sound like they act more like a button then an axis.
    Maybe fixable...
    But from the sounds of it it could be hard to fix.

I would suggest trying x360ce without changing your driver.
    You may beable to remap the problem buttons/axis's in that to a real axis of some sorts, then remap those in game to make the game use them again.

I think it's screwed up you can't just use the stock microsoft driver for every supposed game that supports it.
    All these games support xinput, but alot of them are mapped out different.
    It took me forever to get saints row 3/4 working right, and you'de figure those would work out of the box.

Most peeps ignore the prob because they assume since the pc that you're not going to be using the controller.
    That may be true, but there's times were I just wanna relax while I'm playing, or when I have company over.
    99% of the peeps around here aren't pc gamers.

But yep, the messed up mapping prob has been around since at least bf-bc2.

Edit:
    I was in the middle of cooking and watchign kitchen nightmares when I posted .

The conflicting controller with kb/mouse thign can be fixed if you are using x360ce and set in the x360ce.ini:
    [InputHook]
    HookCOM=1

But getting x360ce setup in your case is whole 'nother matter.
    To install it you copy the dll to the games folder, 64bit dll for 64bit games btw.
    The x360ce app it's self is just an interface for the ini file.
    Latest ver's use .net (yuck..).

x360ce.App-2.0.2.158 and I think maybe x360ce.App-2.0.2.163 are the last vers that use any normal sort of api.
    Just a heads up.
    Anyways the only diff between those old ver's and the new one is the hook modes, you can use the old ver and manually edit the ini if you wanted to for specific games when needed.
    (If you got .net just use the newest exe, thats what I'm doing for now)

Though none of this controller/joystick stuff is plug and play like it should be.
    Its kinda funny when you have a prob with them and you look up on google for a solution and all you find is people saying to play it on the console , as if using a controller is not cool or something lol.
    I can only imagine trying to play batman with the keyboard + mouse ... eh maybe its not so bad, but still.

What I think is funny is a while back I thought I had mastered it, then tried setting up gta sa, only to find out there's no freaking menu button to map lol.
    A while back I couldn't get the 1st dead island to work on the map menu with a controller, yet riptide's map screen worked fine.
    Seems I fixed that prob though with my new windows install and new x360ce config .

But anyways.
    Since you're not using a 360 controller, then apparently the battlefield games controller setup is buggy for everyone.
    Dev wise they could of fixed this sort of prob within the 1st week of release but they apparently never bothered to plug in a controller :\.

If you like the games, go ahead and play them, I still think it's kinda bs though.
    Like El Mano was saying.

You might not win any online competitions with a controller, but it's still fun.
    But it's no fun with the hassle getting them to work :\.
    Last edited by NEOAethyr; 04-17-2014 at 12:56 AM.

Xtreme Addict
    Seems like ALOT of work for something that SHOULD HAVE BEEN ADDRESSED BY THE DEVELOPER........ Bait and switch tactics FTW!!!
    X299X Aorus Master
    I9 10920x
    32gb Crucial Ballistix DDR4-4000
    EVGA 2070 Super x2
    Samsung 960 EVO 500GB
    4 512gb Silicon Power NVME
    4 480 Adata SSD
    2 1tb HGST 7200rpm 2.5 drives
    X-Fi Titanium
    1200 watt Lepa
    Custom water-cooled View 51TG