Thread: Pressure pump Alphacool VPP655

Xtreme Enthusiast

Pressure pump Alphacool VPP655

Hello

I am looking if there is a pressure difference (flow rate?) When the IN and OUT are reversed compared to the original model with a mod/top Bitspower

I tested with the mod/top Koolance (and a Alphacool VPP655) of a friend and I think there was more pressure and the pump did less noise compared to mine which is new
    Is there a running time for these pumps or is the mod Koolance which "isolates" better the noise??

Thanks so much

PS: In the circuit I have 1 WB for the CPU (Ek Supremacy), GPU (Koolance) motherboard (Ek) and 2 radiator (EK XTX 360 and HW Labs SR1 280)
    Sorry for my english

LL A77F - Asus Rampage V Extreme - 5930K - Corsair Platinum 4x4Go 3000 C15 - Zotac 770 - SSD Samsung 850 Pro & 830
    Pump D5 with mod Bitspower - EK Supremacy - Koolance GTX680 - HW Labs SR1 280 & EK XTX 360

I am Xtreme
    I dont understand what you are trying to do here. There is no way to reverse the direction of flow through the pump.

Xtreme Guru
    There are some 3rd party pump tops with several ins and outs. But whichever are used, choice is among ins for in and outs for out. For best performance one should use in that goes directly to center of impeller front, and for out - one from impeller's side. Using alternative outs or ins with 90deg turn within pump top might rob a bit from performance. I somewhat doubt for noise to change much between switching them, rather if attaching tubing to different ones might have impacted it somehow indirectly, eg. due actual installment specific with tubing rigidity pushed pump to different side with somehow impacting vibrations passed from pump to case, or with some installation position a bit longer was needed to deaerate loop.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by lowfat View Post
    I dont understand what you are trying to do here. There is no way to reverse the direction of flow through the pump.
    Originally with D5/MCP655, etc... the IN is at the center of the rotor and the OUT on the side
    Where this is not the case and I wonder if it can reduce performance
    Sorry for my english

LL A77F - Asus Rampage V Extreme - 5930K - Corsair Platinum 4x4Go 3000 C15 - Zotac 770 - SSD Samsung 850 Pro & 830
    Pump D5 with mod Bitspower - EK Supremacy - Koolance GTX680 - HW Labs SR1 280 & EK XTX 360

Using the alternative output usually makes a small difference.

The overall design of the pump top itself, in particular the shape of the volute, can make a much larger impact.

http://www.xtremerigs.net/2013/08/09...5-csq-rev-3/2/

I suspect that Bitspower tops are one of the lower performing designs. The design of their volutes is not very hydrodynamic.
    Last edited by Jakusonfire; 04-17-2014 at 03:04 AM.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Thank you for your reply.
    I think too it's the top Bitspower which is less efficient than the Koolance or Ek
    Damage another brand does not make a top compatible with Bitspower mod (with thread pitch)
    Sorry for my english