Thread: Post @ GPUGrid forums

Xtreme Cruncher

Post @ GPUGrid forums

The Einsteinium Foundation is a crypto currency that 2% of all coins generated go to science projects nominated and voted for by the public. Many of the people who mine this currency also make large donations to the winner of the vote.

The last winner was a PHd working on a link between EB virus and cancer. The project funded his needed equipment.

I nominated GPUGrid for a possible recipient. I am sure when it comes time to vote the voters will want to know what would be done with the money if GPUGrid wins.

I do not know the details as to how the EMC coins are converted to cash or many other details. But this is if nothing else more exposure for this project. People who are interested in this coin are very science aware and interested in science projects. Maybe there is a particular project GPUGrid would like to try but lack funds.

Anyway I will post when the voting starts so everyone can go and vote. You can also make a nomination as well.

The last winner did an AMA at Reddit - http://www.reddit.com/r/science/comm...i_explore_the/

Can viral molecular structures cause cancer? -

To be clear here: I am not recruiting for people to mine or donate anything. Just nominate and vote for GPUGrid to receive the next round of funding for scientific research.

Cheers!

Posting @ GPUGrid

Einsteinium on Facebook
    Last edited by PoppaGeek; 04-14-2014 at 05:16 PM.

Linux those diseases
    Bring on the voting. Nice one PG

Xtreme Cruncher
    People that want to help contribute to the excellent projects but do not have Nvidia GPUS can use their AMD to mine coins and donate those.

Linux those diseases
    Wishful thinking there PG. Remember donate@home

Xtreme Cruncher
    No what happened?

Have been doing searches not finding too much. Anyway to be more clear: I am going to try and get GPUGrid on Einsteiniums list so they will get a EMC2 coin wallet then we can donate coins as we see fit that way. I need to sell some to pay for electric. Mining Bitcoins no longer makes sense unless you have a warehouse full of ASICs.
    Last edited by PoppaGeek; 04-14-2014 at 02:53 PM.

Xtreme Cruncher
    done