Thread: Radiator Dust Filters

Xtreme Addict

Radiator Dust Filters

Hey guys i have a few questions around dust filters. I have a bench case which i know will never be dust free, but today as I was ripping out my radiators to clean them and re-arrange cables man those things were caked and they had been on for less than 8 months. I saw these silverstone filters http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...stone%20filter would they be okay paired up with the highspeed gentle typhoons. My other question is would it be okay if the fans pull through these?

filter -> gentle typhoon pushing ->swiftech rad ->typhoon pulling

or should i go typhoon - > filter -> radiator -> typhoon pulling
    i9-10900k@5.3ghz//MSI MEG z490 Unify//32GB Gskill TridentZ b.die@DDR4666//RTX 2080ti(+150/+700) kingpin bios//Samsung 970 Pro//Corsair AX1200i
    Custom Loop: Dual DDCs->Dual EK XE360 w/GT's -> HK IV CPU -> HK IV GPU ->EK X3 Res controlled by Aquaero 6

Xtreme Enthusiast
    If you're going filters then I would mount them before the fan so that the fan stays clean. Those filters I think are pretty fine so they impact airflow without being easily removable, I'd strongly suggest demciflex magnetic filters if you want to that route because they are quick to take out for cleaning. If you're not making it easy to clean the dust off the filter, then there's almost no point having one because it'll get clogged even faster than the radiator (which will pass some dust straight through), but will always negatively effect airflow. If you choose to go non filter, low FPI rads help, and QDCs to enable you to pull the rad out easily will also help.

Xtreme Addict
    Yea I saw those as well, but they wouldnt work in my application as I would have no where for the magnet. The filters will be easily cleanable in my opinion, thanks for the info!
    i9-10900k@5.3ghz//MSI MEG z490 Unify//32GB Gskill TridentZ b.die@DDR4666//RTX 2080ti(+150/+700) kingpin bios//Samsung 970 Pro//Corsair AX1200i
    Custom Loop: Dual DDCs->Dual EK XE360 w/GT's -> HK IV CPU -> HK IV GPU ->EK X3 Res controlled by Aquaero 6