Thread: Voicing displeasure.

Xtreme Legend

Voicing displeasure.

I have posted elsewhere voicing my displeasure and I know from other messages I am not the only one.

Should this be treated in a manner found on other, lesser, forums, may I say now that it has been a pleasure knowing you all

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...45#post5229545

My Biggest Fear Is When I die, My Wife Sells All My Stuff For What I Told Her I Paid For It.
    79 SB threads and 32 IB Threads across 4 rigs 111 threads Crunching!!

Administrator
    Hey Mike.

I am not sure what is going on, sorry I just got up and on first cup of coffee.
    Can you point me to a link or PM me the details about what you are referring to ?

Administrator
    Noted buddy

Lets give people a chance to wake up over here and then we will see what is going, I suspect a simple mistake was made and nothing more.

Xtreme Legend
    My concern, Bill, is that this mistake was made ....twice. My post is one of displeasure but I have openly invited those responsible to come and explain themselves to This community.

Go enjoy your coffee..... We will wait and see how this pans out.

My Biggest Fear Is When I die, My Wife Sells All My Stuff For What I Told Her I Paid For It.

i'm sure it was removed by accident, so many buttons to push you'll eventually hit that big red one

I like large posteriors and I cannot prevaricate

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Evantaur View Post
    i'm sure it was removed by accident, so many buttons to push you'll eventually hit that big red one
    The Big Red button that says... BAN Movieman ???

Xtreme Legend
    Evantaur: I hope so. I cannot see how that might happen twice, a couple of weeks apart which is what makes me think it might be a policy decision, but I hope so.

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Hello Folks,

The World is changing and its acceptance criteria's for what is a non-prejudicial and non-nudity posting with it. Web site owners are regulated to have posting policies and guidelines as well as held accountable for enforcing them. Read these XS forum policies & guidelines here: http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...ement.php?a=55 and pay attention to guideline # 12 "Prejudice" and guideline #13 "Nudity".

Many of the postings in both the old and new "Funnies/Funnyz" thread did not meet one or both of these guidelines. The decision to remove the "Funnies/Funnyz" is not accidental nor a humour failure on the part of the Administrator or Moderator. It is likely a conscious decision and the likely result of a complaint by an XS forum member or visitor regarding the original "Funnies/Funnyz" thread or another similar thread on another XS Forum which forced all XS Administrators or Moderators to take action.

Let us ask ourselves what we would have done with the old and new "Funnies/Funnyz" as an XS Administrator or Moderator, responsible to oversee and enforce XS forum policies and guidelines?

Xtreme Legend
    The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.

If the decision is made to pander to the minority and become 100% politically correct then this board is on a slippery slope to where I personally might not want to be.

Funnies are meant to be humorous and nothing else. Generally in the past they have not been excessive with regards nudity etc..

Political correctness in such a situation is an abomination and prejudicial to the vast majority of reasonable folk who can tell the difference between humor and otherwise.

that is my $0.02 on the subject anyway.
    Last edited by OldChap; 04-12-2014 at 09:08 AM.

Linux those diseases
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye View Post
    The Big Red button that says... BAN Movieman ???
    That was the first thing Dave disabled, once he acquired the ...power

Crunching For The Points! NKrader's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OldChap View Post

If the decision is made to pander to the minority and become 100% politically correct then this board is on a slippery slope to where I personally might not want to be.

Funnies are meant to be humorous and nothing else. Generally in the past they have not been excessive with regards nudity etc..

Political correctness in such a situation is an abomination and prejudicial to the vast majority of reasonable folk who can tell the difference between humor and otherwise.

i dont know what it is about XS, everytime you look like your taking a step forward you take 3 steps backwards..

Administrator
    Relax everyone.

Movieman is on the case, he is just old and slow...
    lets give him sometime please

Xtreme Cruncher
    Why not remove the offending picture and not the entire thread?

How about communicating so people understand where the boundaries lie?

If people are easily offended maybe they should stay out of threads they do not like and leave others to their fun? No one is TRYING to offend anyone. Well ok maybe each other....

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by OldChap View Post

It was man boobs OC. The pic of the guy getting his chest autographed by the chick.

It is OK to say boobs right? Maybe chick is sexist.

Geez where does it all end?

Xtreme Legend
    This is not my work but I proffer it as I feel that things run deeper than it might at first seem. The Emboldening is my doing.

What is 'political correctness' and why does it matter?

When we speak the truth, we are correct. When we do not speak the truth because it would be politically unacceptable to admit to believing it, we are politically correct.

Here is an example. Jokes trading on national or ethnic quirks were once popular. The better ones drew a laugh because, although exaggerated, they contained a grain of truth. Later it came to be thought that such jokes perpetuate stereotypes. Whether they contain a grain of truth became irrelevant. Such jokes became politically incorrect. Politically correct people may claim, in retrospect, that none of these jokes ever contained a grain of truth. But it is widely thought acceptable for people to make the same jokes at the expense of their own national or ethnic groups. Irish people still get to make Irish jokes, Jewish people still get to make Jewish jokes, etc. Made by the right people, some of the jokes are still regarded as funny. No doubt this is because they still contain a grain of truth. But it is a grain of truth that no longer dare be admitted unless one is politically licensed to admit it (by membership of the group that is the butt of the joke).

The power of political correctness is shown by the fact that this example was difficult to write down. I had to be politically incorrect to explain political correctness. I had to say that jokes about particular nationalities sometimes contain a grain of truth. If I did not say that, then I could not use the example to illustrate political correctness.

This shows an interesting feature of political correctness. Political correctness hides behind denials. Politically correct people insist that the thing they will not say (because it is politically unacceptable to say it) is not true. After all, they have to insist that it is not true in order to avoid admitting to believing it. They have to insist, for example, that there are no national or ethnic quirks to make jokes about; there is not a grain of truth about any nationalities in Little Britain, Father Ted, the Kumars, or Kath and Kim. This is why one will rarely hear someone admit to being politically correct. Instead they will just say that they are correct. And they may even have convinced themselves to believe it.

Perhaps this explains why 'politically correct' has become a term of abuse. Political correctness is intellectually dishonest. It differs from more old-fashioned methods of self-censorship. Before the era of political correctness, people already understood that it was a bad idea to offend or upset people. They had complex systems of manners that involved a certain amount of dishonesty to spare people's feelings. Some truths were not to be spoken in public, in good company, in front of the servants, etc. But this was not political correctness. Why not? Because the refusal to speak offensive truths depended on the time and the place and the occasion. When the people likely to be offended or upset were out of earshot, one could quietly admit one's real beliefs. Political correctness goes further. There is no setting in which a politically correct person can admit that he believes an offensive truth. He has to keep up the denials, perhaps even to himself. This is not just dishonesty but intellectual dishonesty.

This is why political correctness matters. It matters because it deepens our dishonesty. Rather than believing offensive truths but not saying them, we are supposed to go a step further and not believe them in the first place.

In a sub-forum where the very heart of the matter is helping others are we to be asked, nay told, to be dishonest? We already practice that system of manners described above in that we all adhere to the concept that within the telling of a joke there is room for artistic license, in placing the butt of the joke, openly allowing others to substitute a group of their choice. There is no malice, no intent to harm. With that in mind I question the reason why anyone would believe otherwise ?

EDIT: Take a closer look at what in recent years has become known as the "blonde" series of jokes. The reality is that these are actually not about women with light hair colour rather persons with a notable lack of knowledge/common sense. Whole television series have been dedicated to such.
    Last edited by OldChap; 04-12-2014 at 06:23 PM. Reason: Punctuation

Xtreme crazy bastid
    IF a forum member felt the need to complain about the thread, let them grow the stones to own up to it instead of being a whiny coward. If it was a visitor, let the take their complaints and sod off!

and no, I will not retract my "whiny coward" statement and if it's removed due to the complaints of said winy coward will repost it.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Xtreme Cruncher
    It is a dang shame there is not an Ignore function to these forums. Then someone could simply ignore someone they find offensive.

Settings > My Account > Ignore List

Xtreme Cruncher
    I reported this posting the day it was posted and yet it remains. So just what are the rules and how are they interpreted as I find postings like this offensive:

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...=1#post5226503

Lol this thread is pitiful for this forum. LOL idiot generation y noobs....... DIE. Learn to read and research man these new generation is pitiful.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by PoppaGeek View Post
    I reported this posting the day it was posted and yet it remains. So just what are the rules and how are they interpreted as I find postings like this offensive:

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...=1#post5226503
    No offence you guys but this is going a bit to far. As I said Dave has been made aware and I am sure Charles is also, or will be, just relax a bit and see what happens.

As far as that reported post goes, it seems these days that I am about the only one doing any modding around here and I might have missed it. So please excuse me on that. I just took care of it.

If you guys want to get angry then fine, its just some silly threads that had questionable content in some of it, personally I don't care but I also think you guys are crossing the line and I am about ready to lock these posts up. I have been watching you guys all day long and its getting a bit tiring.

I don't really give a crap anymore about these threads you guys are complaining about. I see where they are and some one moved them and until that person comes forth they will stay there.

Now grow up people and just wait a bit and see what Fugger says about this, he has a life also you know so give him some time.

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    ok, I am here.. What is the issue?
    Speak to me oh old one from the British isle?
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    The XS WCG team needs your support.
    A good project with good goals.
    Come join us,get that warm fuzzy feeling that you've done something good for mankind.

Quote Originally Posted by Frisch View Post
    If you have lost faith in humanity, then hold a newborn in your hands.

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    New funnys thread found, restored and if I find out who moved it to dead threads I'll denut him with a rusty fork..Unless it was Charles!
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    The XS WCG team needs your support.
    A good project with good goals.
    Come join us,get that warm fuzzy feeling that you've done something good for mankind.

Quote Originally Posted by Frisch View Post
    If you have lost faith in humanity, then hold a newborn in your hands.