Thread: 'Star Wars: VII' Casting Almost Complete, Film Is Already Shooting

'Star Wars: VII' Casting Almost Complete, Film Is Already Shooting

Star Wars VII will be released on Dec 2015, and the screenplay is complete.

Source: Hollywood Reporter - http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...ar-wars-693950

Major news agencies are also reporting the same.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I just hope it doesnt suck and bring down the image of the whole Star Wars franchise. The amount of ty remakes (i know this isnt one) in recent times makes me wary
    i7 920@4.34 | Rampage II GENE | 6GB OCZ Reaper 1866 | 8800GT (zzz) | Corsair AX750 | Xonar Essence ST w/ 3x LME49720 | HiFiMAN EF2 Amplifier | Shure SRH840 | EK Supreme HF | Thermochill PA 120.3 | MCP355 | XSPC Reservoir | 3/8" ID Tubing

Phenom 9950BE @ 3400/2000 (CPU/NB) | Gigabyte MA790GP-DS4H | HD4850 | 4GB Corsair DHX @850 | Corsair TX650W | T.R.U.E Push-Pull

E2160 @3.06 | ASUS P5K-Pro | BFG 8800GT | 4GB G.Skill @ 1040 | 600W Tt PP

A64 3000+ @2.87 | DFI-NF4 | 7800 GTX | Patriot 1GB DDR @610 | 550W FSP

Xtreme Member
    I really hope Mark, Carrie and Harrison could be in the cast.
    I would love to see Jennifer Lawrence as Han-Leia's daughter and a good script. Not all CGI as the newest films.
    In JJ we trust.

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by jogshy View Post
    Not all CGI as the newest films. In JJ we trust.
    You may, I don't.

Donate to XS forums
    Quote Originally Posted by jayhall0315 View Post
    If you are really extreme, you never let informed facts or the scientific method hold you back from your journey to the wrong answer.

Xtreme Addict
    JJ is great. But There is super 8 shadow that I really don't want to see. Super 8 was a kid movie.

Most of star wars fans are adults. I hope disney to focus on good audience. For me a 10-15 years old audience target would be catastrophic. I like JJ for the "Fringe" show, but even super 8 was a great movie, I was really disapointed for the target audience.

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by jogshy View Post
    I really hope Mark, Carrie and Harrison could be in the cast.
    I would love to see Jennifer Lawrence as Han-Leia's daughter and a good script. Not all CGI as the newest films.
    In JJ we trust.
    iirc, all the 'new' cast will be unknowns, so you don't get taken out the story thinking what else the actors have been in, good idea really
    "Cast off your fear. Look forward. Never stand still, retreat and you will age. Hesitate and you will die. SHOUT! My name is…"
    //James

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by madcho View Post
    JJ is great. But There is super 8 shadow that I really don't want to see. Super 8 was a kid movie.

Most of star wars fans are adults. I hope disney to focus on good audience. For me a 10-15 years old audience target would be catastrophic. I like JJ for the "Fringe" show, but even super 8 was a great movie, I was really disapointed for the target audience.
    Star Wars is a kids movie designed to sell rack tons of action figures, lunch boxes, Halloween costumes, and video games to children. That's where the real $$$ is in it.
    AMD Phenom II BE, ASUS Crosshair II formula, 8gb ddr2 800, 470 SLI, PC P&C 750, arcera RAID, 4x OCZ Vertex2, 2x samsung 7200 1tb, HT Omega Clario +

Xtreme Member
    The problem in my eyes is that why target specifically for kids any star wars movies by including them all kind of stupid supposedly funny things, when you can make star wars just for adults. Star wars is already super cool on it's own, and trying to target for younger is just stupid. Kids love it even if doesn't have kids acting or have some stupid funny action parts.

IMO this is where the producers are so old school and stupid. They just try to play by safe. I've always thought that when ever you try to impress everybody, there you're going to the wrong direction and you are lost.

...why is this xtreme computing news?

Main Rig

Intel Core i7-2600K (SLB8W, E0 Stepping) @ 4.6Ghz (4.6x100), Corsair H80i AIO Cooler
    MSI Z77A GD-65 Gaming (MS-7551), v25 BIOS
    Kingston HyperX 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-19200 Kit (HX24C11BRK2/16-OC) @ 1.5v, 11-13-13-30 Timings (1:8 Ratio)
    8GB MSI Radeon R9 390X (1080 Mhz Core, 6000 Mhz Memory)
    NZXT H440 Case with NZXT Hue+ Installed
    24" Dell U2412HM (1920x1200, e-IPS panel)
    1 x 500GB Samsung 850 EVO (Boot & Install)
    1 x 2Tb Hitachi 7K2000 in External Enclosure (Scratch Disk)

Entertainment Setup

Samsung Series 6 37" 1080p TV
    Gigabyte GA-J1800N-D2H based media PC, Mini ITX Case, Blu-Ray Drive
    Netgear ReadyNAS104 w/4x2TB Toshiba DTACA200's for 5.8TB Volume size

I refuse to participate in any debate with creationists because doing so would give them the "oxygen of respectability" that they want.
    Creationists don't mind being beaten in an argument. What matters to them is that I give them recognition by bothering to argue with them in public.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by crash5s View Post
    Star Wars is a kids movie designed to sell rack tons of action figures, lunch boxes, Halloween costumes, and video games to children. That's where the real $$$ is in it.

The episode 6 was more for adults, mostly with the lave part.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kai Robinson View Post
    Cuz R2D2 hacks computers using brute force
    Not sure if it can mine Bitcoins enough faster tho.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by LightSpeed View Post
    I just hope it doesnt suck and bring down the image of the whole Star Wars franchise. The amount of ty remakes (i know this isnt one) in recent times makes me wary
    Oh man, that ship has sailed after "Star Wars: The Quest For More Money I, II & III".
    Last edited by Zaskar; 04-07-2014 at 11:29 AM.
    EVGA X58 Classified
    Intel i7 965
    Corsair Dominator 1600mhz 3x2gb
    Nvidia GTX 295

-150c Club Member
    Space balls the flamethrower! The kids love this one!

If you have a cooling question or concern feel free to contact me.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by zalbard View Post
    You may, I don't.
    I agree. Being a die hard Trekkie, I really detest what he did to the rebooted versions. Horrible movies that completely disregarded the need for continuity with the existing franchise's timeline, not to mention the incredibly cheap and laughable sets. A old industrial plant for Engineering? A natural gas power plant representing the shipyard? Get real. Part of the allure in Star Trek is seeing what should be cool, advanced technology (like STTNG's Engineering). I think the coolest thing in the first movie was the animated, interactive menus in the bar (where Kirk gets beat up), which is sad.

I'm cringing in advance for whatever butchery Abrams has planned for the Star Wars timeline and don't want to even think of the cheap-ass sets he has lined up.

<shudders>
    Server: HP Proliant ML370 G6, 2x Xeon X5690, 144GB ECC Registered, 8x OCZ Vertex 3 MAX IOPS 240GB on LSi 9265-8i (RAID 0), 12x Seagate Constellation ES.2 3TB SAS on LSi 9280-24i4e (RAID 6) and dual 1200W redundant power supplies.
    Gamer: Intel Core i7 6950X@4.2GHz, Rampage Edition 10, 128GB (8x16GB) Corsair Dominator Platinum 2800MHz, 2x NVidia Titan X (Pascal), Corsair H110i, Vengeance C70 w/Corsair AX1500i, Intel P3700 2TB (boot), Samsung SM961 1TB (Games), 2x Samsung PM1725 6.4TB (11.64TB usable) Windows Software RAID 0 (local storage).
    Beater: Xeon E5-1680 V3, NCase M1, ASRock X99-iTX/ac, 2x32GB Crucial 2400MHz RDIMMs, eVGA Titan X (Maxwell), Samsung 950 Pro 512GB, Corsair SF600, Asetek 92mm AIO water cooler.
    Server/workstation: 2x Xeon E5-2687W V2, Asus Z9PE-D8, 256GB 1866MHz Samsung LRDIMMs (8x32GB), eVGA Titan X (Maxwell), 2x Intel S3610 1.6TB SSD, Corsair AX1500i, Chenbro SR10769, Intel P3700 2TB.

Thanks for the help (or lack thereof) in resolving my P3700 issue, FUGGER...

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lutjens View Post
    I think the coolest thing in the first movie was the animated, interactive menus in the bar (where Kirk gets beat up), which is sad.
    I thought the first reboot was an ok film, but when I read the above I realized what a big loss of opportunity that was. I think you're absolutely right and it's one thing I've always liked about the old Star Trek.

I have a feeling he'll screw up Star Wars as well, just less than that old fart Lucas did.
    Win XP Pro x64 / Win 7 x64 / Phenom II / Asus m3a79-t Deluxe / 8x2 GB GSkill and some other stuff.....

Xtreme Addict
    Quote from the OP's link ( http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...ar-wars-693950 )
    The script has been co-written by Lawrence Kasdan and J.J. Abrams
    I just had an orgasm. He wrote Empire Strikes Back, which is the best movie in the sntire SW saga.

Quote Originally Posted by Kai Robinson View Post
    It's Star Wars. Anything Star Wars is urgent and top priority

Xtreme Member
    Anyone who gets excited this time around after the last Star Wars prequels debacle should haev their heads examined...

Will they fix the atrocious mistakes Lucas made in them? Probably... Will they bring back ILM and do the effects properly? Absolutely not. Not in a million years. The movie will be average at best, probably recommended by those who bashed the originals, but the magic was lost long ago, and shall never return.

Xtreme Mentor
    what i ma curious about is did they break the timeline for this movie series or continue to obey it. Writers, fans etc worked very hard to make a consistent timeline for SW universe (it is mostly consistent) to continue series. If they broke it for this series I may pass this. Actually Clone Wars is some how gives a clue on this i guess.

When i'm being paid i always do my job through.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by El Mano View Post
    Quote from the OP's link ( http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...ar-wars-693950 )

I just had an orgasm. He wrote Empire Strikes Back, which is the best movie in the sntire SW saga.

It's Star Wars. Anything Star Wars is urgent and top priority
    I would like see a re make coming. Not total re make, re shot, with better effects.