Thread: Does tygon usually turn white?

Xtreme Member

Does tygon usually turn white?

Hey guys, quick question, i've been running my loop for about a year now and i've replaced the tubing 3 times as it keeps turning milky white. the material inside the tubing that causes this feels slightly greasy. Is this normal breakdown of tygon tubing or am i doing something wrong?
    "If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominos will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate."

-150c Club Member
    I know it can happen, but are you running distilled water? Any other additives?

If you have a cooling question or concern feel free to contact me.

Xtreme Guru
    There are different tygon tubing around, with different properties. White stuff probably may be plasticizer leeching from walls of tubing.

Xtreme Member
    yeah just distilled. i didn't know there was different tygon. how do i get the right stuff?

based on google images my tubing looks a lot like the plasticizor leeching problem. Is there a way of fixing it or do i have to live with it?
    Last edited by jadeskye; 03-28-2014 at 12:47 PM.
    "If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominos will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate."

Crunching For The Points! NKrader's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jadeskye View Post
    yeah just distilled. i didn't know there was different tygon. how do i get the right stuff?

based on google images my tubing looks a lot like the plasticizor leeching problem. Is there a way of fixing it or do i have to live with it?
    Replace with primochill lrt

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by NKrader View Post
    Replace with primochill lrt
    but but but... LRT will do it too if you contaminates in the system. Make sure the loop is really clean.
    Current: AMD Threadripper 1950X @ 4.2GHz / EK Supremacy/ 360 EK Rad, EK-DBAY D5 PWM, 32GB G.Skill 3000MHz DDR4, AMD Vega 64 Wave, Samsung nVME SSDs
    Prior Build: Core i7 7700K @ 4.9GHz / Apogee XT/120.2 Magicool rad, 16GB G.Skill 3000MHz DDR4, AMD Saphire rx580 8GB, Samsung 850 Pro SSD

Intel 4.5GHz LinX Stable Club

Crunch with us, the XS WCG team

Xtreme Enthusiast
    LRT advanced not LRT pro, big difference

I am Xtreme
    Primochill Advanced LRT will not plasticize. But it will turn yellow.

-100c Club
    What you are experiencing is called leaching of the plasticizer. Quite nasty stuff, I would suggest swapping out the tubing immediatelly: http://www.ekwb.com/support/index.ph...ode=view&id=25

I am Xtreme
    I heard Michael Jackson tubing turns while over a matter of years
    "Thing is, I no longer consider you a member but, rather a parasite...one that should be expunged."