Thread: The Powerful Pretty Pink Processor (aka, "The PPPP")

Threaded View

Xtreme Member

The Powerful Pretty Pink Processor (aka, "The PPPP")

Project Name: The Powerful Pretty Pink Processor

Project Name Reasoning:
    I?m a creature of habit. My last buildlog, The Big Budget Boomer Box, was lots of fun to do, and rang up a ton of views. So?.why not play off that name so that it?s got some immediate name recognition? Right? But same as last time, I?m way to lazy to type out The Powerful Pretty Pink Processor very often?.so henceforth, it shall be referred to as?.[drumroll].....The PPPP. Powerful? Yes?.it will have some first rate components in there. Pretty? Yep. This build is for my [much] better half. And my wife cares more about how it looks?.than what type of components are in there. Pink? Yes. Because she wants it that way. Actually?.pink and black was her request. Pink and black together could look very sexy if done right. Plus, ?. P > B. That?s just science.

Goals:
    This machine will be used primarily for placing online Scentsy orders, and browsing Pinterest. I?m not kidding. Ok...maybe a little. But not much. But just because it?s primary purpose doesn?t require a lot of horsepower, doesn?t mean that I?m not going to make sure it would be capable of handling any chore thrown at it. The term ?overkill? gets way overused these days. But it definitely describes what I?m going to do here. She doesn?t need a lot of powerful components to follow her Facebook friends. But she?s going to get it anyway. Overkill. And honestly...do you have any proof that she won?t be able to tweet faster with a pair of 780 Ti?s and a 5.0 Ghz processor? I didn?t think so. Again?.science.

Teaser for Case Assembly:

Updates:
    There is nothing worse than a dead and unfinished build thread. We?ve all felt the abandonment and depression this causes at some point in our forum lives. So first and foremost, I promise to finish. I made that promise with The BBBB and I?ll make it again here with The PPPP. The BBBB took about a year and a half to finish?.but that build was something special. I?m planning on this build being more like a 3 to 4 month project, because I?ve got plans for another build this summer. I also promise frequent updates, with lots of pictures. Just like The BBBB, The PPPP will be very picture heavy. Lets be honest with each other....I?m already starting to bore you with all of this typing....right? Pictures are what makes us love the build threads, and I promise lots of them. I did a few videos in my last build log, and will probably expand on that concept for this build. So click ?subscribe? now. Go on. Do it before you forget. Yes...now. This opening post will be edited as the build progresses with an Index and links to any significant progress updates. I?ll also update the Hardware Status parts list shown below, as I order and acquire the parts, and/or change my mind on what to get.

Build Log Index:

Hardware Status:
    This section will be treated a little differently than in my last build log. I?m partnering with several sponsors for this build, and I don?t want to limit myself or them with the direction this build takes. My goal is to make it pretty, pink and powerful. Their goal is to showcase some of their nice components. Let?s just see where it goes, shall we? Instead of listing everything that I think I?ll get in advance, I?ll just show the components off with pictures as they come in. Plus...since this build will be about three orders of magnitude quicker than The BBBB was...I think it?s unnecessary to list off stuff in advance that might change anyway.

• Case - CaseLabs Mercury S8
    • Memory - Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB 2133 Mhz C9
    • PSU - Corsair AX1500i
    • Fans - 18x Corsair SP120 and 4x Corsair AF120
    • Storage - 2x Corsair GTX 240GB SSD - RAID0
    • More Fun Stuff to Be Announced Soon!

My sincerest thanks to these wonderful companies for sponsoring all of the PPPP hardware....

What You Can Expect Along the Way:
    While I?m not ready to give away all the components yet, I?m more than willing to share some of the things you can expect to see on The PPPP?s journey to completion:

• Custom Length Wiring
    • Lots of Pink
    • Sleeving
    • Hard Tubing
    • Dramatic Lighting
    • Cable Sewing
    • Custom Powder Coating
    • Perhaps Some Dyeing?
    • Lots of Pink
    • Lots of Black
    • Lots of Nickel
    • Lots of Pink (did I mention that?)

So subscribe now and let me entertain you with lots of computer hardware shots this spring. And some pink.
    Last edited by cpachris; 05-19-2014 at 04:08 PM. Reason: Updating Index and Hardware Status