Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Oculus Rift Developer Kit 2 Announced at GDC 2014

Xtreme Member
    I hope it's an elaborate lie.
    My Heatware
    Originally Posted by some guy on internet
    That's your problem right there. Just forget about how things look on paper as that's irrelevant.

Xtreme Member
    facebook pays 2 Billion to kill Oculus Rift

I would not want it now if they gave it away free

I am Xtreme
    and there it goes.

Well at least there will be some happy guys, especial those venture capitalists who invested 75M$ into the rift and now get a huge cut of the 2B$.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hornet331 View Post
    and there it goes.

Well at least there will be some happy guys, especial those venture capitalists who invested 75M$ into the rift and now get a huge cut of the 2B$.
    Notch backs out of Oculus for Minecraft.

https://twitter.com/notch/status/448586381565390848

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Well there goes that idea, wasn't a huge fan of it but it was at least something new and exciting coming to PC. Now Facebook will all over it and I for one won't buy one if they paid me!

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by bill_d View Post
    facebook pays 2 Billion to kill Oculus Rift

I would not want it now if they gave it away free
    Same here. I wouldn't touch it now even with a laser pointer attached to a ten foot pole .
    Shove it Facebook.

Xtreme Member
    Damn Why didn't Valve or some other company buy Oculus?
    Asus Z87 Deluxe, 4770K,Noctua NH-D14, Crucial 16 GB DDR3-1600, Geforce Titan, ASUS DRW-24B3ST, Crucial M500 960GB, Crucial M4 256GB, 3 X Seagate 4TB, Lamptron FC5 V2 Fancontroller, Noctua Casefans, Antec P183 Black, Asus Essence STX, Corsair AX860i, Corsair SP2500 speakers, Logitech Illuminated Keyboard, Win7 Home Pro 64 bit + Win 8.1 Home 64 bit Dual boot, ASUS VG278H

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by nossy23 View Post
    Don't worry, some other will develop their own solution. It's just a matter of time.

Xtremeish
    So disappointed about the recent disturbance in the force. Sony, Valve and others, don't mess this up!
    Aber ja, naturlich Hans nass ist, er steht unter einem Wasserfall - James May
    Hardware: Gigabyte GA-Z87M-D3H, Intel i5 4670k @ 4GHz, Crucial DDR3 BallistiX, Asus GTX 770 DirectCU II, Corsair HX 650W, Samsung 830 256GB, Silverstone Precision -|- Cooling: Noctua NH-C12P SE14

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by El Mano View Post
    Don't worry, some other will develop their own solution. It's just a matter of time.
    They had a great VR hardware team, and fired them all. It wasn't quite the oculus, but CastAR is working, and constantly getting better.

I want a solution that's great, and multi platform. So will have to wait and see how the competition goes.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Other people tried to buy them, but none of the offers were as high. They even commented on this that they turned down multiple offers for millions, but two billion was just too much.

Sony is making it's own item for the PS4, Microsoft will probably follow with the Xbox One.
    AMD Phenom II BE, ASUS Crosshair II formula, 8gb ddr2 800, 470 SLI, PC P&C 750, arcera RAID, 4x OCZ Vertex2, 2x samsung 7200 1tb, HT Omega Clario +

Xtreme Addict
    Pfff, still buying one. Facebook owns Oculus, but Oculus remains Oculus. What's the big deal?

Intel Core i7-3770K
    ASUS P8Z77-I DELUXE
    EVGA GTX 970 SC
    Corsair 16GB (2x8GB) Vengeance LP 1600
    Corsair H80
    120GB Samsung 840 EVO, 500GB WD Scorpio Blue, 1TB Samsung Spinpoint F3
    Corsair RM650
    Cooler Master Elite 120 Advanced
    OC: 5Ghz | +0.185 offset : 1.352v

Xtremeish
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    Pfff, still buying one. Facebook owns Oculus, but Oculus remains Oculus. What's the big deal?
    People hate Facebook, thats pretty much all there is to it.

I still think that we should keep our guard up until we actually see results, but I don't think Carmack, Palmer or any of the other key persons are "dumb". After the initial smoke cleared we saw more elaborate answers that made perfect sense of the acquisition regarding particularly specialized hardware.

Being of the negative crowd myself I think it's time to up our chins and hold out until we have a genuine right to be disappointed.
    Aber ja, naturlich Hans nass ist, er steht unter einem Wasserfall - James May
    Hardware: Gigabyte GA-Z87M-D3H, Intel i5 4670k @ 4GHz, Crucial DDR3 BallistiX, Asus GTX 770 DirectCU II, Corsair HX 650W, Samsung 830 256GB, Silverstone Precision -|- Cooling: Noctua NH-C12P SE14

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12